Metal Storm logo
Nova Collective - Band Feat. Dan Briggs, Richard Henshall To Release Debut

A new prog collective has been introduced. It's called Nova Collective and on March 10th, the band featuring members of Between The Buried And Me, Haken, Trioscapes, Cynic will release their debut album, The Further Side, via Metal Blade Records. Nova Collective's music can be described as "fusion, weaving progressive rock influences with world music, jazz and classical, to create something entirely new that is pure aural candy for prog/jazz fans." For a preview of their record, the first single, "Dancing Machines", can be heard below.

Nova Collective began in 2014 when bassist Dan Briggs (Between The Buried And Me, Trioscapes) and guitarist Richard Henshall (Haken) began exchanging emails about music; before long, a few demos were fleshed out into full arrangements. Drummer Matt Lynch (Trioscapes, Cynic) and keyboardist Pete Jones (ex-(Haken) came on board shortly after to finish writing the album. The Further Side, was written on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean, with Briggs and Lynch in America and Henshall and Jones in England, sharing session files until the group could get together at the beginning of 2015 to record with engineer Jamie King (Between The Buried And Me, The Contortionist).

Nova Collective line-up:
Dan Briggs - Bass
Matt Lynch - Drums
Pete Jones - Keyboards
Richard Henshall - Guitar

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Between The Buried And Me
Posted: 31.01.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 44 users
31.01.2017 - 22:17
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
"...to create something entirely new..."
Sounds like just instrumental prog to me =p
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
31.01.2017 - 22:28
Korah

Nice premiere track. This album may be great.
----
Don't cry for my English
31.01.2017 - 22:43
koob

"Entirely new"

Couldn't sound more average...
31.01.2017 - 23:14
3rdWorld
China was a neat
"...to create just some instrumental prog.."
Said no prog band ever.

Liked the drumming on the track, hoping its a good album. Also this is how we add news articles for bands which aren't even featured, hmm interesting. Anyway looked like a painful news article to type with all the references and stuff so good job by Ana.
01.02.2017 - 11:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by 3rdWorld on 31.01.2017 at 23:14

Liked the drumming on the track, hoping its a good album. Also this is how we add news articles for bands which aren't even featured, hmm interesting. Anyway looked like a painful news article to type with all the references and stuff so good job by Ana.

Tks! That's sweet Yes, you can add news about new bands like that. It's fairly common.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
01.02.2017 - 11:56
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Not bad: I can hear both BTBAM and Haken in this. Can't say I'm hugely impressed though.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
01.02.2017 - 12:28
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Was quite excited when I started reading and the song began. About 2 minutes again, I forgot the song was playing - that doesn't bode well...

Hits total: 1668 | This month: 3