Metal Storm logo
Uriah Heep - Bassist/Vocalist John Wetton Dies

Sad news to report. The short lived Uriah Heep and King Crimson bassist/vocalist John Wetton, who was more known for his work with proggers Asia has passed away aged 67, following a battle with cancer, according to his bandmates.

Mick Box from Uriah Heep wrote this message: "I am totally devastated at the news today that John Wetton has passed away. He was a part of Heep history and was a a super talented man. He was also a good friend who over the years I have shared many a laugh with on the road getting up to all sorts of shenanigans. He has left a wealth of music and wonderful songs that will live on forever, and he will be sadly missed. RIP my friend."

Source: dailymail.co.uk
Band profile: Uriah Heep
Posted: 01.02.2017 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 67 users
01.02.2017 - 13:58
Netzach
Planewalker
Bleh. RIP. He wasn't in King Crimson more than a couple of years but those albums (Larks' and Red) are the best in their discography.
01.02.2017 - 15:14
Rapid Fire

RIP
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
01.02.2017 - 19:45
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Damn, tough times for prog legends, especially bassist/singers formerly of King Crimson.

Rest in Peace, John Wetton.
01.02.2017 - 22:56
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Sh*t. I know 60 and 70's legends are getting really old now but it's so shocking when they pass. Rest in Peace John
----

Hits total: 2677 | This month: 5