03. Beneath The Soil
04. Under Clouds Of Blood
05. The Art Of War
06. When Silence Conquers
07. Chapter Of Pain
08. The Holocaust
09. Exhaling Life
10. 9mm Salvation

This is an album, that had you never heard of Vomitory before, you would likely pass up if you saw it at your local store due solely to the cover art. It looks quite amateurish; more likely the product of someone's home color printer than something that would be used by a major band signed to a major label. If you have actually done this, however, you made a very big mistake. This album kills!

Revelation Nausea is brutal death metal at its absolute finest. Unfortunately, it, like almost all other death metal, it is nothing you haven's really heard before, and it's quite easy to point out the band's primary influences. In this case I'm thinking a little bit of Dissection, and a LOT of Bolt Thrower. The well-placed melodies and often militaristic-sounding drums just scream Bolt Thrower's name. Vomitory, however, are certainly not a perfect carbon copy though, as they are generally both heavier and faster. My only real complaint is that at times the production is a bit too muddy, but for the most part it really fits the album well.

This is the direction I would like to see a lot more bands go in, and hopefully bring some fresh ideas with them. Until then, I am going to be more than happy to continue listening to Revelation Nausea. If you like death metal, than your collection is simply not complete without this album. There's nothing more to say.

Written by Rupophobic | 25.08.2003

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 46 users
16.04.2007 - 00:19
Rating: 8
Sunioj

This album=perfection
Seriously this release will kick your ass from start to finish and the sound...vomitory at its prime IMO. fav picks would be beneath the soil, the art of war, and the holocaust.
06.10.2007 - 14:54
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
This truely is a quite cool Death metal album and the band has also managed to stay death over the years, which is really respectable and not self-evident at all, unfortunately.

The Best track would be : Beneath The Soil

Hope I'll get the "Redemption" soon. It should be another great album of their's.

Keep it Brütäl !
25.03.2009 - 08:36
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Sunioj on 16.04.2007 at 00:19

This album=perfection
Seriously this release will kick your ass from start to finish and the sound...vomitory at its prime IMO. fav picks would be beneath the soil, the art of war, and the holocaust.

Agreed 100%... dont know how the users rating is at 7.5 ''Beneath the soil'' best track to me.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
26.03.2009 - 11:53
Rating: 8
Sunioj

Written by Uirapuru on 25.03.2009 at 08:36

Written by Sunioj on 16.04.2007 at 00:19

This album=perfection

Agreed 100%... dont know how the users rating is at 7.5 ''Beneath the soil'' best track to me.

idk man, 7.5 is pretty solid though. I don't listen to this album nearly as much as I used to, but its still a great listen whenever I want something straightforward. Just gotta get off my ass and rip it on my pc.
15.10.2010 - 15:23
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Brutal as Fuck!!! This album nails..
02.10.2016 - 12:01
3rdWorld
China was a neat
This is among the oldest reviews I can find on this site. Predates the first forums by atleast 3 years.

And well I've heard some later era Vomitory but I'm not sure I'd definitely go head over heels for them now. Nice starting point anyway.
12.08.2021 - 05:19
Rating: 9
BlankFile

What a banger, excellent record!

Hits total: 6484 | This month: 20