Metal Storm logo
Blastfest 2017 - Cancelled

As it turns out, Blastfest 2017 has been cancelled. The Norwegian festival was set to take place this February in Bergen featuring artists including Devin Townsend, Leprous, Between The Buried And Me, and Katatonia but due to the lack of ticket sales, the organizers have pulled the plug on it. Last year, Peste Noire were removed from the bill due to antifascist groups pressures.

Statement from the organizers: "Blastfest has though several years pleased Metal and Hard rock fans abroad and domestic. The festival was arranged first year in 2014. Great names has been presented, first and foremost for the local Bergen audience, but also for a number of guests from abroad.

"Blastfest AS has tried to continue arranging the festival, but due to low ticket sales and low forecasts for ticket sale, the board of the company, with regrets, has found it correct to cancel the festival. The company has been delivered to The Bergen Tingrett for dissolution of the company."

Source: blastfestnorway.no
Event: Blastfest 2017 [CANCELLED]
Posted: 06.02.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 65 users
06.02.2017 - 18:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sucky line up, but in mid Norway we have no fests, even metal scene in Bergen is alive
Todays problem we have way to many festivals IMO
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.02.2017 - 08:33
Timelord

That is about all there is anymore. Bands don't tour like the old days. The trickle down effect of landing a guest spot on a big name bands tour resulting in exposure and so on. Festivals have taken the place of those tours and as you said there are waaay to many and waay to expensive to go to multiple festivals and/or these dumb ass cruises. There used to be places that had shows every week but they have dwindled to near extinction.
07.02.2017 - 14:04
Vombatus
Potorro
Yeah, too many fests is definitely a reason. Too much offer for a not so increased demand. Plus this Blastfest thing seemed bad from the start.
Line-up is not that great, yet it's really expensive in an expensive country in the european peripheria. That's not a good combination. And then Peste Noire were pulled out because of antifa pressures and then others pulled out for other reasons (Misthyrming said they were not professional...), making some goers angry/sell tickets.
08.02.2017 - 00:19
roeder

Since they still owe money to bands from previous year I would say that this festival got what it deserved.

Hits total: 1978 | This month: 6