Metal Storm logo
Khôrada - Former Agalloch And Giant Squid Musicians Unite

After John Haughm formed Pillorian, the other members of the defunct Agalloch have recently formed Khôrada. It emerges from the dissolution of Agalloch and Giant Squid, featuring former Agalloch members Don Anderson (guitar), Jason Walton (bass) and Aesop Dekker (drums) alongside ex-Giant Squid guitarist/vocalist Aaron John Gregory. The quartet has announced that it has signed with Prophecy Productions and is currently writing and demoing material for its as-yet-untitled debut album.

"Khôrada members Don Anderson and Jason Walton have been fans of Prophecy Productions since their inception in 1996," comments the band. "We have always admired and respected their commitment to quality packaging and uncovering the most cutting-edge artists in the scene. We are honored and humbled to be a part of their family."

Immediately following the breakup of Agalloch in May of 2016, Walton, Anderson and Dekker remained committed to writing and playing together and unanimously agreed on working with Aaron John Gregory from the recently disbanded Giant Squid. Musically, Khôrada (an ancient Greek term for an empty space, or place of reflection) is "dedicated to heavy, brooding and deeply emotional songs while lyrically, Gregory will write about the anxieties and fears of raising his daughters in a world that is both environmentally and politically in turmoil; where animal life and human life continue to be treated like property and assets to be exploited; the grind of living in an ever-competitive world with an ever-growing and unsustainable population and the fierce determination of nature to violently reset these terrifying imbalances."

Source: en.prophecy.de
Band profile: Agalloch
Posted: 07.02.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 259 users
07.02.2017 - 13:00
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Old news but I'm sure after listening to the recent second rate Marrow Of The Spirit/ Faustian Echoes/ From Of Which This Oak black era Agalloch project, Khôrada will prevail over it.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

07.02.2017 - 13:21
Reaper_Redeemer

Antagonism is inevitable.
07.02.2017 - 15:31
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Wow, what a team! I still have to check out Pillorian...
07.02.2017 - 19:43
Czerny Reiter

Haven't listened to Pillorian yet, but the smart money's on this being better.
07.02.2017 - 20:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 07.02.2017 at 13:07

Pillorian's debut was average to solid imo. Hopesfully this is better.

cant be, Pillorian has mastermind, what wonder sin own illusions and has some weird things, this can not be same, black metal, Pillorian is esentional
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.02.2017 - 08:50
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Bad English on 07.02.2017 at 20:15

cant be, Pillorian has mastermind, what wonder sin own illusions and has some weird things, this can not be same, black metal, Pillorian is esentional

Pillorian was okay. This will be better
08.02.2017 - 18:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeKiwi on 08.02.2017 at 08:50

Written by Bad English on 07.02.2017 at 20:15

Pillorian was okay. This will be better

no depend sof song writers, lyricists and how much they are lost in own twilight world
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.02.2017 - 18:42
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Still sad about Giant Squid breaking up but at least they all have other bands...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 4312 | This month: 8