06. Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me
07. Bad Woman
08. Liar
09. Lost In The Ozone
10. I'm Your Man
11. We Bring The Shake
12. Devils
13. Jumpin' Jack Flash [Rolling Stones cover] [2001 re-release bonus]

In early 1975, Lemmy Kilmister was fired from his band "Hawkwind". He decided to take his revenge on his former band mates and start a new band, originally called "Bastards". "Hawkwinds" manager, Doug Smith, advised Lemmy to change the name. The last song Lemmy ever wrote for "Hawkwind" was called "Motorhead". The rest is history?

18 years later, Motorhead (Lemmy Kilmister, Phil Campbell, Wurzel Burston, and Mikkey Dee) with the help of hot-shot producer Howard Benson, created a masterpiece, an incredible collection of songs known as "Bastards". It's amazing how Motorhead can just walk into a room with nothing, and hammer out some serious metal in record time. Every single song is strong. Heavy, solid, mammoth riffs, chilling solos, ground shaking drums and signature vocals. Personal favorite songs include "Death or Glory", "Bad Woman", "Born to raise hell". In fact?there all just too good!
"Don't let daddy kiss me" is a very eerie, dark ballad about child abuse. It was originally written by Lemmy for Lita Ford, but he ended up recording it himself.
"Devils" is legendary. The last couple of minutes on that song are phenomenal, and the way it finishes off the album it just right. In fact, most of the songs on the "Bastards" album are air-guitar anthems. Heavy metal at its best.

The album is great, but the problem was, back then, you couldn't find it anywhere! It was released on German Label ZYX, so you could find it only in Germany. Everywhere else it was terrible. It took a long while before the rest of the world was aware of Motorheads new record. "Bastards" is one of the best albums Motorhead has ever released, and it just vanished completely!

Motorhead is more than just fast, filthy, heavy metal. Its an attitude. "Bastards" really shows Lemmys bad-ass , hard-ass attitude. Backed up by amazing musicians, he has released a legendary air guitar anthem record that never received the attention it deserves.

Written by ozzy | 14.06.2005

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Guest review by
omne metallum
Rating:
With no need for any caveats, Bastards is the definitive Motörhead album. Twelve tracks of the finest rock 'n' roll the legendary group had to offer, the only question you must ask yourself is, why did you not listen to this album sooner?

To say this album has weak moments is to complain that a piece of gold isn't as shiny as it could be. No element of the album can be pulled apart and held up as the weak part even when held under the microscope that is repeated listening. The only negative comments that can be attached to this album are related to the bad handling this album endured upon its release; all but lost in between the sea change that was the early 90s and label issues, Bastards had an anchor chained to it that more than likely kept you from hearing it until after you decided to delve into the band further.

Read more ››
published 29.04.2020 | Comments (3)

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 103 users
16.04.2007 - 06:40
Rating: 7
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Masterpiece is right, 'Lost In The Ozone' is one of my favs, and its still very f*cking hard to find.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.07.2015 - 20:06
Rating: 8
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
In early 1975, Lemmy Kilmister was fired from his band "Hawkwind". He decided to take his revenge on his former band mates and start a new band, originally called "Bastards". "Hawkwinds" manager, Doug Smith, advised Lemmy to change the name. The last song Lemmy ever wrote for "Hawkwind" was called "Motorhead". The rest is history?

I have seen such part in other album review
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 7793 | This month: 8