Metal Storm logo
Nile - Dallas Toler-Wade Quits, Announce New Member

Nile are parting ways with long-time member Dallas Toler-Wade. The guitarist/vocalist has decided to leave the band to focus on his own plans and recordings. He has a new project. Nile will be embarking on their next tour in support of their latest release, What Should Not Be Unearthed, on February 14th, 2017 with Overkill. This tour also marks the debut of the band's newest member, guitarist/vocalist Brian Kingsland.

After this tour, the band will is tentatively scheduled to return to Europe this Summer for a series of festivals followed by a WSNBU-Latin America tour. Nile is already working on songs for their next album which will be recorded in late 2017 for an early 2018 release. More info will be released in the coming months.

Founding member Karl Sanders comments: "I would like to personally thank Dallas Toler-Wade for his many years with the band, and sincerely wish him well with his music. All of us in Nile are truly happy and thankful to be working with Brian. Not only is he a seriously talented Extreme Metal Guitar Shredder, but he has a great Brutal Metal voice, with a very versatile range. Brian is also a genuine, down-to-earth hard-working and motivated guy who has helped reignite and re-establish a sense of team work back into Nile. With the addition of Brian on guitar and vocals, the band right now seems to me a lot more like the early years of Nile - the classic Nile era when we were all functioning as a cohesive unit, in viciously brutal triple vocal attack mode. The mood in the Nile rehearsal room for the last 3 months has been focused and relaxed; with 4 positive, energized, hard working people all on the same Metal page. We simply can't wait to share what we have been working on with Metal Fans on the upcoming Overkill Tour. Between the addition of Brian, and bassist/vocalist Brad Parris now in his 2nd year in the band, this line-up is going to crush skulls. Seriously, the last time I felt this strongly about a Nile line-up - was when George Kollias joined the band."

Drummer George Kollias comments: "I want to thank Dallas for everything he did for Nile all these years, it's been some amazing years and I wish him the best with his new project! Also, I want to say a big 'welcome to Nile' to Brian Kingsland! Brian is an amazing guitar player/vocalist and he has brought a very fresh vibe to the band, we are so looking forward to get out there and deliver the best metal you ever heard from us! See you all on the road!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nile
Posted: 14.02.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 187 users
14.02.2017 - 13:28
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
The band has taken the wrong way on their last albums... Let's hope this was what was needed for their ressurection!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
14.02.2017 - 14:46
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Hmm...seems they didn't want to talk about Dallas' departure much. In any case, makes me wonder if this band will ever be worth listening to again.
14.02.2017 - 16:53
MikeVonDoom
Any change in life brings something new, even if bad, it might turn out good.
14.02.2017 - 18:55
Windrider
Raureif
Sounds like they had some serious differences... Very sad, I remember seeing Nile when Dallas ripped insane solos blindly while happily smiling towards the audience.
14.02.2017 - 19:01
a MasT
Brian is the best guitarist I've ever seen, this is sure to be an excellent shake-up. Nile couldn't have chosen better if they had the world to pick from, in my opinion.
14.02.2017 - 19:05
a MasT
Check out Brian Kingsland's band Enthean
15.02.2017 - 07:19
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Yes hoping this brings a fresh sort of inspiration and energy for the new album.
15.02.2017 - 17:18
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I'm not as big a fan as I used to be - I put on Annihilation of the Wicked the other day and there definitely has been something missing these past few releases. Some of it I chalk up to my own changing tastes, but Nile seems to have lost some of the spark that made them one of my favorite bands. I always enjoyed Dallas' playing and vocals, and I wish him well, but I'm definitely interested to see how Brian Kingsland can shake things up. I'll invest some time listening to his other bands. I'm also looking forward to the triple-vocal attack again - one of my favorite things about the older albums. I like Dallas' vocals but that seems to be exclusively what we've been getting for a decade now. Sad to see Dallas go but with Karl still at the helm, I'm positive for good - hopefully great - things.

\m/
----
The force will be with you, always.
15.02.2017 - 21:25
Opethian
Silver lining is that we'll get to hear this band reawaken with some new fresh talent added to their roster. Best wishes and I hope its Metal as fuck
15.02.2017 - 21:29
Opethian
Written by Clintagräm on 15.02.2017 at 17:18

I'm not as big a fan as I used to be - I put on Annihilation of the Wicked the other day and there definitely has been something missing these past few releases. Some of it I chalk up to my own changing tastes, but Nile seems to have lost some of the spark that made them one of my favorite bands. I always enjoyed Dallas' playing and vocals, and I wish him well, but I'm definitely interested to see how Brian Kingsland can shake things up. I'll invest some time listening to his other bands. I'm also looking forward to the triple-vocal attack again - one of my favorite things about the older albums. I like Dallas' vocals but that seems to be exclusively what we've been getting for a decade now. Sad to see Dallas go but with Karl still at the helm, I'm positive for good - hopefully great - things.

\m/

Well fucking said my friend! His vocals were great, they did seem to take over and Karl's vocals just laid back for the most part. Best wishes for this band

Hits total: 4005 | This month: 10