Metal Storm logo
Katla. - Premiere New Song

Icelandic duo Katla., comprised of ex-Sólstafir drummer Guðmundur Óli Pálmason and his former bandmate from Potentiam, Einar Eldur Thorberg Guðmundsson, have debuted last year with a two-song EP. Now, they have a debut full-length album on the way, and they are premiering one of the songs from this upcoming album, the song being named "Hyldýpi". The track can be streamed at this location as of the writing of this article.

On the Bandcamp page here you can find the lyrics and the track credits. The band is hoping to find a suitable record label for this and the rest of their songs.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Katla.
Posted: 17.02.2017 by RaduP

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 57 users
17.02.2017 - 13:01
corrupt
With a lowercase c
While I do like the simplicity of it, I can't help noticing that it ends at the exact point where Solstafir would have dived into a multi-minute instrumental crescendo that I am now missing here. The lack of that also makes the song quite short.
----
17.02.2017 - 14:31
Jagsey

I'm digging this, sounds like it's in the same direction as the EP they put out last year. I don't want to compare this with Sólstafir, but it automatically reminds you of it anyway. Great stuff, I'm curious how the rest of the album will sound like.
17.02.2017 - 22:55
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Jagsey on 17.02.2017 at 14:31

I'm digging this, sounds like it's in the same direction as the EP they put out last year. I don't want to compare this with Sólstafir, but it automatically reminds you of it anyway. Great stuff, I'm curious how the rest of the album will sound like.

Hopefully not in the exact same vein as these two, I hope they would spice it with longer songs, some crescendos and some black metal influences.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
17.02.2017 - 22:56
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by corrupt on 17.02.2017 at 13:01

While I do like the simplicity of it, I can't help noticing that it ends at the exact point where Solstafir would have dived into a multi-minute instrumental crescendo that I am now missing here. The lack of that also makes the song quite short.

Exactly what I hope they would do on their upcoming album
----
17.02.2017 - 23:05
Jagsey

Written by RaduP on 17.02.2017 at 22:55

Hopefully not in the exact same vein as these two, I hope they would spice it with longer songs, some crescendos and some black metal influences.

Yeah, not exactly like the EP, longer songs and crescendos would be nice indeed. Don't know if they aim for black metal in there though, however a little won't harm.
17.02.2017 - 23:10
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Jagsey on 17.02.2017 at 23:05

Written by RaduP on 17.02.2017 at 22:55

Yeah, not exactly like the EP, longer songs and crescendos would be nice indeed. Don't know if they aim for black metal in there though, however a little won't harm.

Both of them come from black metal backgrounds, so it wouldn't be excluded. Just look at what Einar has been doing in his other bands. Or what they did together in Potentiam (really good band).
----
18.02.2017 - 01:43
(o> . )

From what I see here, I don't want to this to be another Sólstafir, I don't request anything. I want this to be Katla, whatever that is/will shape to be.
18.02.2017 - 15:13
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by (o> . <o> ) on 18.02.2017 at 01:43

From what I see here, I don't want to this to be another Sólstafir, I don't request anything. I want this to be Katla, whatever that is/will shape to be.

Pretty hard not to let the sounds on which you've worked on your whole life influence you
----
24.02.2017 - 15:03
(o> . )

Written by RaduP on 18.02.2017 at 15:13

Pretty hard not to let the sounds on which you've worked on your whole life influence you

Obviously it is, but I'd rather treat and enjoy it as it's own thing rather then criticize it for not having a long building instrumental part.

Hits total: 3593 | This month: 3