10. Corrosion Of Truth
11. Moment Of Reflection
12. Appreciate The Dying Planet
13. Conformation Posture
14. Reality Phobia
15. Refused God
16. Faces Of War
17. Inherent Human Cruelty

Brazilian acts are just amazing don't you think? Most of the bands I've heard from that country have the "damn that was great" element in their music. Expose Your Hate comes from this exotic country, so for that fact only, you already know they'll deliver something good in their music if you know what I mean; now I'll dig up their debut album called "Hatecult" so, try to focus.

The music presented is straightforward Grindcore, there are some Death Metal approaches here and there but the overall structure screams "Grind your fucking head"; the opening track enters aggressively after a nice intro that is; the beat of this song is fast as hell but still the riffs manage to be catchy and very interesting; actually, the whole album has this kind of vibe, high-speed performance wrapped in groove elements, there are some exceptions of course, for example "Despise OF Animal Life" and the great song called "Appreciate The Dying Planet", both having a different structure featuring mid-paced music and really intricate songwriting.

What I like the most about this band is their "rebel" spirit, their name "Expose Your Hate" fits incredibly well with their revolutionary concept; the whole album is wrapped with rebellious lyrics talking about discomfort and humanity in a really fascinating way. The layout attains the same perception of course, all presented in red you can see images of pollution, war and other cool things that go along the overall theory of this album as well.

"Hatecult" is a good album, it has incredible moments here and there and the message attached is fucking brilliant. The only problem was the repetitive beat in some tunes; while some tracks show originality and strength there are other tracks with a generic overlay which makes them predictable at times. So if you're into Grindcore you'll surely like this album and you'll play it over and over again till your eardrums burst and blood starts dripping from your ears; on the other hand if you are into gay stuff like H.I.M. or if you like poser bands like Nightwish, skip this album?you'll get scared easily.

Best Tracks: "Appreciate The Dying Planet", "Despise For Animal Life", "The Media Virus"

Side note: this album was mastered by Mieszko Talarczyk (R.I.P). I'm sure this info is important for some.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Herzebeth | 23.05.2006

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 13 users
23.05.2006 - 22:15
Basso
Account deleted
"if you are into gay stuff like H.I.M. or if you like poser bands like Nightwish, skip this album?you'll get scared easily."

LoL now that is one hell of an ending
13.10.2009 - 22:03
Rating: 5
Plaguebearer

I was dissapointed with this album. It's like they stenciled one decent grind song and reproduced it 17 times. So listening to one Expose your Hate song is sick, but then youve heard it all.

Hits total: 3480 | This month: 10