Metal Storm logo
Crystalium

17.04.2007 - 20:19
ASiema113

First heard this band off of the old BMRadio site finally got a chance to listen one of their whole albums. And I must say it fits my taste of BM pretty well.

This isn't your heavily distorted almost un-identifiable BM(Although I am one to listen to those bands as well)

No this is Marduk meets Emperor with a drum machine thrown in(or what sounds like one at least but in a good way.)
Some synths thrown in as well as plenty of scattered France quotes,chants,etc.

Post your likes/dislikes whether you've been a fan for some time or if you've never heard of them before now.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
18.04.2007 - 16:24
Damnated
Churchburner
used to like them, alot, but their tunes got really old after a while. it's indeed similar to marduk, but Crystalium's superior. Did not get the chance to listen to the new album yet, is it any good?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.04.2007 - 19:05
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Damnated on 18.04.2007 at 16:24

used to like them, alot, but their tunes got really old after a while. it's indeed similar to marduk, but Crystalium's superior. Did not get the chance to listen to the new album yet, is it any good?

I would say inferior. This type of music requires some sort-of catchiness. Marduk definitely has this catchy sound(Panzer Division Marduk, Nightwing, World Funeral..) when Crystalium don't have any catchiness at all. That makes the band a lot more difficult to enjoy, and only accesible for the true adores of the genre.

I like them though, I enjoy their "De Aeternitate Commando", but honestly, I rather listen to Marduk, any time. Crystalium is fun for so now and then, but they are not that good.
31.07.2007 - 04:09
ASiema113

Well I just purchased Crystalium's 2nd album "De Aeternitate Commando" and while I found that it was a good album(which shows alot of what Crystalium has to offer and their abiltiy as a band as well)I found that "Diktat omegA" more throughly captured the spirit and intesity that resides within Crystalium. I have noticed how they have improved their techniques/skill of their music as well as how well they can compose/put together an album. I found while Commando was a fine album, Omega's vocals were distributed better, the solo's were more adjusted to the rest of the band(in terms of volume), and I felt that there was an appropriate amount of quotes/theme music put in Omega, not that I disliked them in Commando. I just felt too overwhelmed by the amount that was thrown in, it didn't feel natural to me b/c it seemed a bit forced/packed in. In my opinion Crystalium have taken their musical ablities/careers to the next level. I'm hoping their latest album has just as much potential as Commando/Omega if not more.

Hails

P.S: If you enjoyed "De Aeternitate Commando" I HIGHLY recommend checking out "Diktat Omega" if you have not done so already.
----

15.11.2007 - 08:07
ASiema113

Written by Damnated on 18.04.2007 at 16:24

I have listened to their new album Doxo O Revelation and I have to say I'm disappointed. It seems that Crystalium have shifted their BM sound (which I believed would be as good as Diktat Omega if not surpass it) and have gone with what is now considered trendy (Ex. Metalcore). Very Disappointing seeing how I saw a gradual increase in their songwriting from album to album. I don't recommend Doxo to anyone who has enjoyed their previous albums.
----