Metal Storm logo
Dimmu Borgir - New Album Available For Streaming

In an exclusive partnership between Nuclear Blast Records and MP3.com, Dimmu Borgir's latest studio album "In Sorte Diaboli" is available for streaming in its entirety for seven days prior to the album's North American street date of April 24th at this location (Windows Media Player Required).

Source: mp3.com
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir
Posted: 17.04.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 28   Visited by: 3 users
18.04.2007 - 00:09
Kataplexi
Account deleted
allready heard the new stinking album. how boring can music become?
this one is a nominee for the worst metal album of 2007 award
18.04.2007 - 00:17
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Guest on 18.04.2007 at 00:09

Is it really that bad?
18.04.2007 - 00:25
ChristianMetaler
Account deleted
Written by W-Lash on 18.04.2007 at 00:17

Is it really that bad?

The album is great! I love it! You should take a listen for yourself instead of listening to that guy.
18.04.2007 - 01:27
k4Mil

Nothing special. It isn't great. I knew, I won't buy this album. It would be a waste of money.
18.04.2007 - 01:59
Mystic Ice
Account deleted
It's actually a great album if you aren't one of those that hate on the name alone regardless of what you're listening to. However it's still no consolation for the loss of Arcturus.
18.04.2007 - 02:45
Damned-In-Black

Is it really that bad?

No, it's really not that bad. It's just really not that good, either. It brings absolutely nothing new to their sound - just a re-hash of their other recent stuff, but not as good. There are decent songs in there though and fans of the band will no doubt at least get some enjoyment from it.
18.04.2007 - 04:00
Curtis the Bum
Account deleted
its a pretty sweet album. Nothing different from what their other albums (excluding the old, old ones) are like, but its a good sound. So haters should shut it and get a burrito.......
18.04.2007 - 05:10
Lanfawn
Account deleted
So what if it doesn't "bring anything new" ? o_O Perhaps they are comfortable with how they sound today? Ever thought of that. Bleh, "critics"...
18.04.2007 - 05:53
ChristianMetaler
Account deleted
BTW, I found this album to sound alot like PEM in production standards which kicks the shit out of the production on DCA and Stormblast 2005
18.04.2007 - 08:26
howNowBrownSow

I've listened to the new album alot. Really good stuff. Orchestration and production is top-notch. I'll be buying it when it comes out. Definitely check it out.
18.04.2007 - 08:39
NECURATU

Oh I so love their "You too can be black metal!" attiude . Anyhow, their website is a killer these days...every true fan of the supreme masters of pitch black metal, the all mighty emperors of medieval darkness that has returned to Europe DIMMU BORGIR should consider enganging in pilgrimage to that god forgotten place where Lord Satan's spawn broods in dismal darkness. The cheese wagon is coming back .
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
18.04.2007 - 08:44
Asat0r

Written by Guest on 18.04.2007 at 01:59

It's actually a great album if you aren't one of those that hate on the name alone regardless of what you're listening to. However it's still no consolation for the loss of Arcturus.

Good point, I think this is a good band. It's senseless how every time a band gets a little popularity, everybody starts hating them. Who cares, being in a band is these guys life, if they make a little money with it, great! (Though you difinitely sould not play just for money)
18.04.2007 - 13:10
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
The album is good IMO, though not amazing. The drumming is so linear, I expected other by Hellhammer... The songs are good too, though they are pretty similar... I prefer Puritanical (and Enthrone of course...)
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
18.04.2007 - 13:20
Damned-In-Black

Written by Guest on 18.04.2007 at 05:10

So what if it doesn't "bring anything new" ? o_O Perhaps they are comfortable with how they sound today? Ever thought of that. Bleh, "critics"...

I'll assume that was somewhat in response to my comment. In which case - you misunderstood and assumed much from very little. I rather enjoy DCA and PEM. I don't really mind that this brings nothing new - I was merely stating a fact (as I see it). Still it remains however, that by comparison I do find this album a little bland and lacking. Note "by comparison". It's still well worth listening.

I agree that they're well within their rights to keep making what they like and are comfortable with - but in this instance, I think they could have released a more powerful album (even within the same style). Just my opinion, and I'm not being overly/unfairly critical in any sense
18.04.2007 - 16:33
screamingFist
Account deleted
From Serpentine Offering, it doesnt let off till the very end.. I'm not into black metal much but love this album.. I will definitely buy it when it hits our shores..
18.04.2007 - 17:37
GT
Coffee!!
I actually find the album quite good...the music is good and so are the vocals...not as harsh as I feared
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.04.2007 - 19:19
Rathma
Account deleted
Very good album. Of course there will be people with the "OMG ITS NOT TR00 BLACK METAL!" attitude, but they should be listening to other bands.
18.04.2007 - 21:33
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
To me the albums is just a big fat piece of bland and boring....Serpentine Offering is pretty cool and one or two others but all in all it has nothing to grip onto and nothing to hook you..
18.04.2007 - 21:36
Carrion
Account deleted
Hm, in a way this is good, listenable music, but not so special that I would buy it. EDT is still my only Dimmu album, so maybe I should check more of their elder records instead of the ones from 21st century.
18.04.2007 - 22:47
mara

wiiiiiii
18.04.2007 - 22:49
Asitis

Its the best they ever did.
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
18.04.2007 - 23:08
Basso
Account deleted
Worthless, nothing to see here....
18.04.2007 - 23:44
Jiri

The album is very strong, however there is not much difference between each song. The Serpentine Offering is a kick ass song, but it seems to be the only standout so far. The Sacreligious Scorn is a cool song too.
19.04.2007 - 10:52
NECURATU

Doesn't anyone feel it's so incredibly corny? Uuuuuhhh, Sataaaaaan...
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
19.04.2007 - 16:23
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 18.04.2007 at 00:25

Is it really that bad?

The album is great! I love it! You should take a listen for yourself instead of listening to that guy.

Yes, You are right!
22.04.2007 - 02:54
Stigmatized
Written by Asat0r on 18.04.2007 at 08:44

Written by Guest on 18.04.2007 at 01:59

Good point, I think this is a good band. It's senseless how every time a band gets a little popularity, everybody starts hating them. Who cares, being in a band is these guys life, if they make a little money with it, great! (Though you difinitely sould not play just for money)

I've never understood what Dimmu Borgir did wrong to become so hated....
25.04.2007 - 10:23
adamofnicholas
Account deleted
I never understood why Dimmu Borgir is hated by "real" black metal fans... other than the fact that they actually have production values and bother to record their work with more than one microphone for the whole band. In truth, the new album is okay, but I expected a more from a band that put out Enthrone Darkness and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia. Some of the riffs on the second half of the album sound like filler, and are virtually indistinguishable from other Dimmu Borgir songs. The Sacreligious Scorn, however, contains the most heavenly 30 seconds of audio I've heard in years. Pure aural ecstasy. Also, Mustis puts forth a really good effort on this album, and shows incredible musical maturity. The guitars don't really keep up though.... I would love for them to do more harmony guitar like they had on Enthrone Darkness. Regardless, it's a pretty solid effort that will most likely please fans.
28.04.2007 - 16:53
Aebsi

Well in my opinion they're slowly mixing in what they were doing on EDT and older stuff together with newer stuff PEM and DCA, although it's clear that it could've sounded way better. It's a good album but nothing more and when comparing to PEM and EDT than it's just an average album. I was expecting a lot more from Galder he's capable of much more complex and more melodic riffs like the old/new OMC album Venom suggests and more OMC albums. It sounds to me that the new drummer isn't really sure on what kind of performance the band is expecting from him which is why his performance kinda suffers on this album. Shagrath brings solid performance as expected and Vortex is developing greatly, his vocal performance on this album is probably his best ever for Dimmu Borgir. Well in overall it's a nice album, and I at least won't regret buying it although it's a under achievement in many ways. I like the idea of mixing old stuff with new and hopefully everyone puts a little extra in their next album which will hopefully come.
----
Just be Yourself

Hits total: 3179 | This month: 5