Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire - Announces The Release Of 'Legendary Years'

A legend continues. Italian symphonic power metal kings Rhapsody Of Fire have re-recorded their biggest classic songs of the "Rhapsody" years (1997 - 2002) with their new line-up. Mixed and mastered by Greenman Studios - Sebastian "Seeb" Levermann (Orden Ogan), Legendary Years will be out on May 26th, available as digipak CD and limited edition colored double gatefold vinyl.

Pre-order here if you want it.

AFM Records said: "After wandering in darkness, the doors of fire are finally opened. Beyond those doors, an epic travel begins through the legendary songs written through 1997 and 2002 that made Rhapsody Of Fire what they are today. Same tales, different storytellers, Legendary Years is an album that aims to give a new dimension to the band's history. In other words: another look, another sound flowing from the deep source of ROF's identity."

Cover art by Alexandre Charleux

Legendary Years tracklist:

01. Dawn Of Victory
02. Knightrider Of Doom
03. Flames Of Revenge
04. Beyond The Gates Of Infinity
05. Land Of Immortals
06. Emerald Sword
07. Legendary Tales
08. Dargor, Shadowlord Of The Black Mountain
09. When Demons Awake
10. Wings Of Destiny
11. Riding The Winds Of Eternity
12. The Dark Tower Of Abyss
13. Holy Thunderforce
14. Rain Of A Thousand Flames

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 19.03.2017 by DREAMASTER

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 141 users
19.03.2017 - 17:37
3rdWorld
China was a neat
That's actually a pretty cool artwork if we take out the generic logo and the titles.
19.03.2017 - 20:31
Kais

I wonder about this one. Definitely will be on my watchlist.
19.03.2017 - 23:49
zikon

Too bad they didn't include "Lord of The Thunder" since it's my all time favorite song from them. Other than that, looking forward on hearing the re-recorded songs with the new vocalist.
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
20.03.2017 - 05:44
Akula

Thieves.
20.03.2017 - 17:37
Kais

Written by Akula on 20.03.2017 at 05:44

Thieves.

Can you elaborate on that?
21.03.2017 - 00:52
Akula

Written by Kais on 20.03.2017 at 17:37

Written by Akula on 20.03.2017 at 05:44

Thieves.

Can you elaborate on that?

To re-record classics with a completely new formation seems like a robbery to me. It seems Staropoli needs some cash these days.
21.03.2017 - 13:52
Andreas

Written by Akula on 21.03.2017 at 00:52

To re-record classics with a completely new formation seems like a robbery to me. It seems Staropoli needs some cash these days.

I understand the sentiment, yet Steroidpoli has all the right to record and album like this. When he and Luca split up, they both got equal rights to their back catalogue, which naturally includes rerecording those songs. Nothing wrong here, at least legally.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care much for this release either, but with RoF's lineup having changed so drastically, it may not be a bad move to first rerecord some of the classics. Who knows, maybe the band kind of moves on that momentum. But that's the only good reason I can think of for this album, the point I'm trying to make will be worth nothing if the next real album will suck.
23.03.2017 - 03:38
Akula

Written by Andreas on 21.03.2017 at 13:52

Written by Akula on 21.03.2017 at 00:52

I understand the sentiment, yet Steroidpoli has all the right to record and album like this. When he and Luca split up, they both got equal rights to their back catalogue, which naturally includes rerecording those songs. Nothing wrong here, at least legally.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care much for this release either, but with RoF's lineup having changed so drastically, it may not be a bad move to first rerecord some of the classics. Who knows, maybe the band kind of moves on that momentum. But that's the only good reason I can think of for this album, the point I'm trying to make will be worth nothing if the next real album will suck.

I agree that Staropoli has the right to record this album. But his attitude is mediocre IMHO, and even more now that Turilli and Lione are performing some "reunion" shows. (which I also find mediocre).
But that is just an opinion, I am not in anger or anything
24.03.2017 - 02:10
Opethian

I dont own their albums, used to but thats a long story. I will be picking this up!

Hits total: 3688 | This month: 5