Metal Storm logo
Threshold - Damian Wilson Out, Announce New Vocalist

Changes are afoot in Threshold. The progressive metallers have parted ways with vocalist Damian Wilson. The band has chosen to start a new chapter without him and he has told them he respects their decision. It looks like it was a one-sided decision. Threshold's new (old) frontman will be Glynn Morgan, the band's former vocalist from 1994 to 1996. Morgan appeared on the group's 1994 album Psychedelicatessen and returned to work with the band in 2008 to record tracks for the singles box set Paradox.

Wilson enjoyed three stints with Threshold, performing on the band's most recent records For The Journey and March Of Progress as well as their early releases Wounded Land and Extinct Instinct in the 1990's. The band thanks him and wishes him every success in his future endeavours.

Damian Wilson's statement regarding the departure: "Unfortunately this is not a mutual decision, but I respect it. After I had recorded the album and committed to the tour I was informed that Threshold were going to continue on without me. They have every right to make this choice, although it is difficult to part ways with a group of people you've shared so many experiences with. I really enjoyed the past decade recording and touring with Threshold and wish them all the best for the future, with the hope we might work again on projects somewhere down the line. The label Nuclear Blast are amazing, and with the wonderful support of the fan base the whole journey of being the frontman for Threshold has been fantastic."

Glynn Morgan

Glynn Morgan commented: "I was over the moon when I got the phone call. To work with Karl and Richard and be a part of the mighty Threshold story once more is a great honour. I can't wait to start recording, the new material has me hooked already."

Threshold are currently in the studio working on the new album Legends Of The Shires.

Source: thresh.net
Band profile: Threshold
Posted: 27.03.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 130 users
27.03.2017 - 13:27
Jagsey

Wow, didn't expect this to happen and also so short before a new album release.... Damn, Damian Wilson was the voice of Threshold and the only logical vocalist to front them ever since Andrew McDermott died....

Can't really think of a reason why they would dismiss him.... he did a great job.
27.03.2017 - 14:08
robpal
Proglord
Not happy about the news, last two albums were great and I was hoping for a solid continuation of this trend.
27.03.2017 - 16:06
Diverge

I think I'm okay with the move. Threshold never fully enraptured me with their last few albums, so if it gives Damian an excuse to return to writing Headspace material I'm all for it.
27.03.2017 - 16:38
BlankFile

Wow, what a unexpected plot twist.

Im really curious to see the outcome of this change, because i really like Psycadelicatessen, wich is in my opinion, the heaviest álbum of the band.
27.03.2017 - 21:34
Nosferatus90

I think I'm okay with the move. My favourite album is Psycadelicatessen also. Firstly, I've been on their concert with my husband. We met on http://www.cupid.com/
27.03.2017 - 22:56
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Nosferatus90 on 27.03.2017 at 21:34

I think I'm okay with the move. My favourite album is Psycadelicatessen also. Firstly, I've been on their concert with my husband. We met on http://www.cupid.com/

I sure hope your husband doesn't find out about your girlfriend...

Written by Nosferatus90 on 22.01.2017 at 22:14

I found my girlfriend who loves Slamming Brutal Death like me on this website http://www.cupid.com/looking-for-love.htm
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.03.2017 - 01:35
thehondo

Maybe Glynn will make as much impact as Damien? I don't see this changing the tight and exciting sound we know as Threshold.
----
No time like the present
28.03.2017 - 14:05
DJBear666

Oh no feck, Damian is one of my favourite vocalists, this is not happy news for me
----
!!!!They say that life's a carousel Spinning fast, you gotta ride it well The world is full of Kings and Queens Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams It's Heaven and Hell, oh well !!!!
21.04.2017 - 00:09
FelixtheMetalcat

Something here smells very fishy.....a one sided decision? Had Damian just been a hired gun all this time? I have been a huge fan of his work and I'm getting the impression there were too many projects going on to make everyone happy. I can't comment on his replacement because i've not heard a note of him and was not following the band way back then.

Hits total: 3731 | This month: 7