11. Patience
12. Slight The Odds

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 100 users
30.03.2017 - 15:21
Rating: 8
As if Soilwork and In Flames had a retarded baby and called it Outlive. Very disappointing this, way too soft, almost none of the original DH agression left.
01.04.2017 - 15:17
Rating: 6
joshsteph
Too many fillers. The album became unenjoyable after the first 3 tracks, then it got another kick from the 10th track till the end. I don't know how record deals are made, and if time is an issue when it comes to releasing an album, but in most cases quality over quantity should be the norm. I don't see any reason for releasing a 50 minutes album full of fillers, when you can release a shorter one (35 - 40 minutes) with well written songs and less fillers. Overall it's not a bad album, there are some really good moments on it.
01.04.2017 - 20:10
Rating: 9
Pretty solid Demon Hunter album. If you're a die-hard thrasher, look for a different artist. This album is consistent with DH's style. I've been into them since The Tryptich. Catchy songs, a good amount of diversity (Orchestral add-ins, heavy riffs, groovy breakdowns, clean and dirty vocals) they have a formula to writing and this pretty much fills that out. You have to go into listening to this album knowing what you're getting into. If you're expecting Slayer, these guys are on the complete opposite side of the map. Commercially pleasing songs, yet soothes my desire for a heavy groove. I really dig the synthetic guitar tone used on several tracks. Reminds me off the solos on Soulfly's "Omen" and rhythm guitars on Meshuggah's "Obzen". Very different styles from those artists, of course. If you have an open mind and enjoy diversity in metal, give it a listen. If you're stuck in your ways and a metal purist, don't bother.

Hits total: 2552 | This month: 14