Metal Storm logo
Sepultura - Cavalera Brothers To Play Entire 'Roots' Album On New Tour

Former Sepultura members Max Cavalera (guitar, vocals) and Iggor Cavalera (drums) will embark on another European tour in November to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the band's classic album Roots by performing it in its entirety. As part of MTV Headbangers' Ball Tour 2017, fans will have the chance to enjoy live performances from thrash pioneers Overkill, melodeath legends Insomnium, and German death metallers Deserted Fear.

Max and Iggor first played Roots at last year's edition of the Amnesia Rockfest in June 2016. Roots, along with 1993's Chaos A.D., is considered Sepultura's most commercially successful release, having been certified gold in 2005 by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America).

The dates and venues are as follows (more European tour dates to be announced soon):

Nov. 26 - GER - Leipzig, Hellraiser
Nov. 27 - GER - Stuttgart, Lka
Nov. 29 - GER - Hamburg, Große Freiheit
Nov. 30 - GER - Berlin, Huxleys
Dec. 01 - GER - Geiselwind, Christmas Bash
Dec. 03 - AUT - Vienna, Gasometer
Dec. 04 - GER - Munich, Backstage
Dec. 07 - SUI - Pratteln, Z 7
Dec. 08 - GER - Oberhausen, Ruhrpott Metal Meeting
Dec. 09 - GER - Gießen, Hessenhallen
Dec. 11 - GER - Saarbrücken, Garage

Have a look at the tour's promo video.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sepultura
Posted: 07.04.2017 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 55 users
07.04.2017 - 22:13
IBlackened

Roots? dafuq? Why not Arise or Beneath?

edit: Ok, 20th anniversary. It makes sense.
----
Their old stuff is better.
08.04.2017 - 01:49
lag_pt

Written by IBlackened on 07.04.2017 at 22:13

...Maybe because Max Cavalera don't let them play it...

\o/ \m/
08.04.2017 - 14:34
s_t_s

Roots was imo the last good album from Sepultura, so it's a good thing to play it in its entirety. I would love to see them 20 years later (well isn't it rather 21 since the band split in 1996 ?)
08.04.2017 - 16:46
IBlackened

Written by s_t_s on 08.04.2017 at 14:34

Roots was imo the last good album from Sepultura, so it's a good thing to play it in its entirety. I would love to see them 20 years later (well isn't it rather 21 since the band split in 1996 ?)

To be honest, I don't like Roots at all. It's too Nu Metal for me, but that's just taste, right? I would love to hear those Tribal/Brazilian indigenous elements with their Thrash sound.
----
Their old stuff is better.
08.04.2017 - 21:27
Rapid Fire

Roots was actually released in february of '96, while Max announced its departure in early '97. I remember well, it was quite a shock for me, Sepultura were one of my favourite bands at that time, and their first six albums are still among the most precious items of my collection.

Sad what happened, the band never has come to be the same...
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
08.04.2017 - 21:59
nikarg

Roots was pretty average apart from the title track, which was special. It should be a good show though, mainly because Overkill and Insomnium will be there too. But if they played the whole Arise album for example, now that would be unmissable! Max will probably do that in 2021..
10.04.2017 - 12:44
s_t_s

Written by Rapid Fire on 08.04.2017 at 21:27

Roots was actually released in february of '96, while Max announced its departure in early '97. I remember well, it was quite a shock for me, Sepultura were one of my favourite bands at that time, and their first six albums are still among the most precious items of my collection.

Sad what happened, the band never has come to be the same...

I used to be a hardcore fan of Sepultura back then, I even bear their logo tattoed on my right shoulder (well it is also the first letter of my firstname) but seeing what happened to the band as they split really found me mad at them. They didn't bear the ideas their songs used to bear. I sold all my CDs of them and never listened to them anymore. But +20 years later I can make the effort to attend a gig featuring both Cavalera brothers !

Hits total: 2543 | This month: 6