Metal Storm logo
Aquilus - Two New Albums In Production

Horace "Waldorf" Rosenqvist, the mastermind behind the Australian one-man atmospheric black metal project Aquilus, recently revealed that he is currently working on not one but two new releases. No official dates have been announced for the two untitled albums but according to Rosenqvist, part one should be out later this year, followed by part two sometime in 2018.

You can read Waldorf's statement on the offical Facebook page.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Aquilus
Posted: 18.04.2017 by Dargor

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 124 users
18.04.2017 - 21:39
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Snorefest 2018?
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
18.04.2017 - 21:45
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Maco on 18.04.2017 at 21:39

Snorefest 2018?

Why do you say that? Honestly, I am rather skeptical myself, especially because the whole two-part album thing doesn't seem to work out sometimes (Wintersun), but I loved the debut.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
18.04.2017 - 21:47
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Metren on 18.04.2017 at 21:45

Why do you say that?

Didn't like the debut at all, I was disappointed considering the praise it was getting at the time.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
18.04.2017 - 21:53
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Maco on 18.04.2017 at 21:47

Didn't like the debut at all, I was disappointed considering the praise it was getting at the time.

That's understandable. Griseus is the kind of album that blows one away with the musicianship and makes fans like myself want to hype it to no end But even I, after having listened to it so many times by now, am beginning to think that it is overrated, even if just a little. I have to admit that it is far too long and that occasionally it feels like all the classical and orchestral parts are overindulgent.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
19.04.2017 - 01:19
Doge of Venice
Can't wait.

After a few thousand hours of listens, probably, I do think that Griseus was a little long and some of the transitions weren't great. But it's had such an impact on me that it's still one of my favourite albums of all time.

Perfect for those rainy, moody days. It's definitely not an "active" album by any means, very dreamy. Quite good for relaxing you for snoozes, actually.
19.04.2017 - 01:43
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Last time I heard Aquilus was writing something new it was an april fools song.

It was also the best song they ever wrote
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
19.04.2017 - 06:40
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Good news. I thought the debut was great, hopefully the vocals have improved, though.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
19.04.2017 - 09:20
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Karlabos on 19.04.2017 at 01:43

Good one. I am beginning to fear this turning into a Wintersun-scenario. A hugely well-received debut hyped to oblivion, followed way too many years later by an album split into two parts that have almost no chance to live up to Griseus (or its reputation rather), bc the first album has become such a favorite, riding the hype wave for more than five years now. Call me paranoid, but...
----
19.04.2017 - 21:20
erat
Good news!
----
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark,
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park!
20.04.2017 - 20:28
no one
Account deleted
Written by Metren on 19.04.2017 at 09:20

Written by Karlabos on 19.04.2017 at 01:43

Good one. I am beginning to fear this turning into a Wintersun-scenario. A hugely well-received debut hyped to oblivion, followed way too many years later by an album split into two parts that have almost no chance to live up to Griseus (or its reputation rather), bc the first album has become such a favorite, riding the hype wave for more than five years now. Call me paranoid, but...

Happened with coldworld
20.04.2017 - 21:11
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Guest on 20.04.2017 at 20:28

Happened with coldworld

Yeah... quite a dilemma for one-man projects, the attempt to live up to a highly successful debut. I've come to realize that what someone said in another topic about avoiding a fall from grace as a musician (they said there is no surefire way to do it) is totally accurate. It must be even harder for one-man projects than it is for bands. You've got nobody else to bounce ideas off of and even if you do, you've got nobody to totally challenge you and just say no, we're not doing that, that's not good enough since you still have complete creative control in the end. I'd like to think that a musician that is truly passionate and hardworking and intelligent could keep creating amazing albums even on his own and I surely hope that of Aquilus, but there aren't too many examples of such musicians.
I really do hope that Horace will make me eat my skeptical words, though.
----
23.04.2017 - 10:45
no one
Account deleted
Written by Metren on 20.04.2017 at 21:11

Written by Guest on 20.04.2017 at 20:28

Happened with coldworld

Yeah... quite a dilemma for one-man projects, the attempt to live up to a highly successful debut. I've come to realize that what someone said in another topic about avoiding a fall from grace as a musician (they said there is no surefire way to do it) is totally accurate. It must be even harder for one-man projects than it is for bands. You've got nobody else to bounce ideas off of and even if you do, you've got nobody to totally challenge you and just say no, we're not doing that, that's not good enough since you still have complete creative control in the end. I'd like to think that a musician that is truly passionate and hardworking and intelligent could keep creating amazing albums even on his own and I surely hope that of Aquilus, but there aren't too many examples of such musicians.
I really do hope that Horace will make me eat my skeptical words, though.

Seems to be when there is a big gap between albums too.
23.04.2017 - 13:53
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 23.04.2017 at 10:45

Seems to be when there is a big gap between albums too.

Indeed.

I'm yet ot see a band which came back with a followup seven years later and got it right
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
25.04.2017 - 05:02
blackmamba
Written by Metren on 18.04.2017 at 21:53

Written by Maco on 18.04.2017 at 21:47

That's understandable. Griseus is the kind of album that blows one away with the musicianship and makes fans like myself want to hype it to no end But even I, after having listened to it so many times by now, am beginning to think that it is overrated, even if just a little. I have to admit that it is far too long and that occasionally it feels like all the classical and orchestral parts are overindulgent.

It's an amazing album but you need to be in the right mood and you also need to have enough time so you can enjoy it. I tried a couple of times before I got into it. First I tried while I was at work, another day I tried while I was driving. It wasn't until I listened to it all by myself at 4:30 AM on a saturday half asleep when it got me. You need to let it flow.
02.05.2017 - 14:35
FYA
Destroyer
Mirrorthrone, your turn now.

Hits total: 4064 | This month: 11