Metal Storm logo
Schammasch - Future Plans And New Album Announced

Swiss black metal crew known as Schammasch has no intention to rest after releasing the acclaimed three-disk album, Triangle, last year. They have announced that the band plans to release a series of records entitled The Maldoror Chants, which is seemingly inspired by the novel "Les Chants de Maldoror", which the band calls "one of surrealism's dire fathers and up to this day one of the biggest literary mysteries and outgrowths. Having been an inspiration to Schammasch ever since Contradiction..."

Each record will deal with an specific moment of the book. The first planned record is named Hermaphrodite, which is "a short story which appears aside the main story line in the book's first half."

Here is what the band says about the music: "From a musical point of view these records are to be seen as an artistic experiment, apparently deriving from a different place than what we've done so far. Focus lies on telling instead of singing, atmosphere instead of technique, flow instead of structure. Don't expect anything but explore everything."

June 9th will be the release date for this record. You can also check the cover artwork and teaser here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Schammasch
Posted: 29.04.2017 by mz

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 93 users
29.04.2017 - 13:23
mz

Seems like they are going exactly into the direction that I love them to go. Great news and much hyped for this.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
29.04.2017 - 13:35
nikarg

The cover is awesome and the teaser gets you really hyped for this. This band is destined to do great things.
29.04.2017 - 14:25
VIG
Account deleted
That was quick
29.04.2017 - 14:35
solar

The teaser fails to excite me. I hope the album is not like this
29.04.2017 - 16:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
The teaser fails to excite me. I hope the album is not like this
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.04.2017 - 16:49
mz

I guess you guys should start with some versions of black metal which are a bit more straightforward. I recommend A Blaze In The Northern Sky form a few decades back
----
29.04.2017 - 16:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Schammasch also plays a pretty straightforward version of black. Just that whenever they mix ambient in it it tends to become extremely boring.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.04.2017 - 16:58
mz

Not everyone is good enough to appreciate great drone/ ambient stuff.
At any rate, I would rather them stop being a black metal band and explore what they did with the third disk of their last album. That could be easily be the best album of last year if released separately.
----
29.04.2017 - 16:59
Paz

This must be here

29.04.2017 - 17:37
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Nice to see this out on my birthday. I'll check out the Les Chants de Maldoror novel since I want to get into more surrealist fiction along with Georges Bataille. FIngers crossed Schammasch move forward into more uncomfortable territory for the good since Triangle is their only good album so far and lol @ the teaser gave us basically nothing.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

29.04.2017 - 18:21
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Paz on 29.04.2017 at 16:59

This must be here

I was going to post this if it wasn't already here This is comedy gold.
29.04.2017 - 18:21
Vombatus
Potorro
These guys are thriving! Good for them, one of those bands that really deserve more with all the good hard work.

But I'd hope they stick more to the Contradiction formula, instead of the Triangle style distinction between BM and Ambient.
30.04.2017 - 06:21
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Vombatus on 29.04.2017 at 18:21

These guys are thriving! Good for them, one of those bands that really deserve more with all the good hard work.

But I'd hope they stick more to the Contradiction formula, instead of the Triangle style distinction between BM and Ambient.

From the teaser description, it sounds like it might be a bit different from either of those--I'm expecting more stuff like the Supernal Clear Light of the Void, but perhaps with a twist. But who knows, the description didn't actually give us much to go on, so it's anyone's guess as to what it'll sound like. EDIT: oh nevermind, I didn't realize Prosthetic Records put out a teaser for the album. I guess we do know a little bit of what it might sound like.
----
02.05.2017 - 21:20
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by mz on 29.04.2017 at 13:23

Seems like they are going exactly into the direction that I love them to go. Great news and much hyped for this.

Perhaps more in the vein of that 3rd disc from Triangle? I would certainly welcome that
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII

Hits total: 3121 | This month: 7