Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire - Reveal First Single From New Release

Italian power metal giants Rhapsody Of Fire, together with their new vocalist Giacomo Voli and drummer Manu Lotter, recently announced the upcoming release of Legendary Years, to feature revisited versions of some of the biggest hits of their career. Now, we can listen to the very first snippet from Legendary Years - and it's the song "When Demons Awake", originally the fifth track off Rhapsody Of Fire's 2002 album, Power Of The Dragonflame. Enjoy the song below!

Legendary Years will be released on May 16th, 2017, via AFM Records. You can pre-order the album here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 29.04.2017 by Kais

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 183 users
29.04.2017 - 14:44
IcePickLodger

Meaningless...almost the same as the original
29.04.2017 - 17:57
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Listened to both songs back to back. They were nearly identical. This whole release seems pointless to me.
30.04.2017 - 00:24
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I would swear the chorus is just extracted from the "old" version...maybe more things...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

30.04.2017 - 02:46
mikeprado30

Is way more organical-sounding the 2001 one, but this one is also nice IMHO. I hope this one will rock live this time, cause with the original line-up never was played.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
30.04.2017 - 05:15
Lazy and mediocre -tough technically good both in production and performances- nostalgic cash in that is not as good as the original version, not a surprise, this whole album idea is like a joke
30.04.2017 - 20:37
skelator

Money money money always funny
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
06.05.2017 - 18:20
DieH@rd

Shame they did not pick some other song so that we could better hear the range of the new singer.

Anyhow, all that matters is that band survives and that they start producing more original songs [even though I was always way more interested in Turilli's work than Staropolli's].
----
His is a name the world will never forget... He is Dargor!
-Rhapsody-
06.05.2017 - 18:58
Andreas

Just to say something positive, it does sound like a band that know how to handle their instruments. And the singer is OK too.

Pity they probably can't write good new material to save their lives.

Hits total: 2575 | This month: 4