what is the best option to preserve the wolrd

Stop being a bunch of indolent idiots
Stop killing animals/plants for our use
Stop using mechanical crap
Pushing others to help

Total votes: 19
20.04.2007 - 00:51
Bhavok

What are you doing to preserve (save) the world? is it too late? you dont have to starve to death, im not saying that you have to be an abnormal animal freak lover i dont know if this is allowed but i wold like you guys to read this (if this is breaking the rules, sorry) http://www.greenpeace.org/international/press/reports/how-to-save-the-climate-pers
we all have to help to make this a world to live, anything you can do to help is important for everybody around the planet
(i would also like to ask for an apology if this theme have already been disscused)
20.04.2007 - 01:45
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
It's a complex question.

For the choises in your answers, it's more complex too IMO.
In fact, stoping mechanical is absurd quite as to stop killing animals: paralyze economy and stop feeding aren't the good choices. But on the other hand to change the way of proceeding and of getting rid of the abuses can be the beginning of reflection on the subject. Then yes the planet goes badly, perhaps it's can be not too late, but there are a lot of mentalities and behaviors to be changed...
20.04.2007 - 02:14
APOHAKC
The Bard
Maybe this is strange to hear from metalhead, but doubt I ever throw anything on grass or similar. I deepply respect everything related with nature, sometimes I throw something on the street but in the forest or in river never. Everytime someone do that and I see him I asked him to pick up that and carry with him to the first garbage can, I was involved in several fights because of that
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
20.04.2007 - 06:30
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Recent studies have shown that in approximately 5200 years, all the species that are currently on the planet will no longer exist...
20.04.2007 - 06:39
tulkas
el parcero
From those options I put stop being indolet idiots, 'cause I think this first has to start from us. Like Aronx said, I also respect nature a lot and I never throw anything outside a garbage can, and I alwayas try to respect in this way or in which ever way I can all the public spaces and parks and things like that.

This is to start, I mean, we humans can't avoid in these times to stop the factories and stop using machines ran by fuel, that's just not possible. But, I guess there's still stuff we can do to try to help the planet, beacuse if not we'll soon start living on our shit, literally!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
20.04.2007 - 08:03
Bhavok

i know some of the options are just stupid, but i had to put them, just because... i just hope you guys not to focus on the (stupid) options, please try to develop the theme, and to give new ideas, more intelligent options and opinions, i wanna read about the enviroment, and about endangered species; besides this theme is way bigger than just that.
20.04.2007 - 09:02
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.04.2007 at 06:30

Recent studies have shown that in approximately 5200 years, all the species that are currently on the planet will no longer exist...

There's surely way too many variables to get an exact time, even in years, as to when the world will end. I'd say that the world could either live more or less than 5200 years and that giving it such an approximation at this point in time would remain to be inaccurate, regardless.
20.04.2007 - 16:10
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Bhavok on 20.04.2007 at 08:03

i know some of the options are just stupid, but i had to put them, just because... i just hope you guys not to focus on the (stupid) options, please try to develop the theme, and to give new ideas, more intelligent options and opinions, i wanna read about the enviroment, and about endangered species; besides this theme is way bigger than just that.

Let us hear your proposions? You only commented that ours are stupid and left wothout any explanation. And I don't think that these options are stupid because he meant on things that every man can do to help ecology, but if you have better options let us hear them
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
21.04.2007 - 00:32
Bhavok

i was talking about my options, super wise metal man... you are free to say whatever you want, im not the one to shut you up... maybe i wasnt clear, the options I (ME) wrote for the topic were just to fill spaces, and should be not the axis of the theme
21.04.2007 - 12:07
Lupas
Maximus
I have vote for "stop being idiots". Human race is killing our world in a speed that no other creature will do . They have no respect to any other living creature. It's too late to save our world. Once this process have begin no one is able to stop it . ABout how much time is left , i don't bother so much , i only live and let this world a better world , so others will enjoy this after me . If this last sentence i have wrote could be understood from everyone , the world will be much better than now
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
21.04.2007 - 21:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.04.2007 at 09:02

There's surely way too many variables to get an exact time, even in years, as to when the world will end. I'd say that the world could either live more or less than 5200 years and that giving it such an approximation at this point in time would remain to be inaccurate, regardless.

Uh...how did you get "the world will end" out of what I posted? Just because there won't be the same species on this planet in 5200 years doesn't mean the world will end...there will just be different species on the planet...
22.04.2007 - 16:50
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.04.2007 at 21:39

Written by Guest on 20.04.2007 at 09:02

Uh...how did you get "the world will end" out of what I posted? Just because there won't be the same species on this planet in 5200 years doesn't mean the world will end...there will just be different species on the planet...

Ah, sorry, understood

*reminds self to read things more often*
25.04.2007 - 06:24
Bitch Boy

I voted "Stop killing animals/plants for our use" that's so gay, but well, I love animals, they are defenseless. But I think that the real solution is a mix of all the options in the poll and many others, for example taking care of natural resourses such as water or oil. We all can do something for the ecology by not throwing away trash in places like rivers, forests, jungles, beaches. By repairing every water spillage. By protecting animals and trees. And by encouraging people to respect nature and making them aware that all of us are turning our only planet into shit.
26.04.2007 - 04:00
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by APOHAKC on 20.04.2007 at 02:14

Maybe this is strange to hear from metalhead, but doubt I ever throw anything on grass or similar. I deepply respect everything related with nature, sometimes I throw something on the street but in the forest or in river never. Everytime someone do that and I see him I asked him to pick up that and carry with him to the first garbage can, I was involved in several fights because of that

Same here. I never throw anything, not even on the street. I prefer to put the trash on my backpack or in my pockets and dump it here at home. I also try to turn off the lights that are not neccesary at night. If noone's in a room, there's no reason for the light of that room to be on, right?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
28.04.2007 - 23:39
Pinusar
Account deleted
I respect nature and environment, I try to do anything I can to preserve it, even if it is a small thing. I like the old native American saying "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" and I agree with it. Being more environment-friendly takes no effort from me so I see no reason not to do so. Even the biggest of changes start somewhere, they start at the lowest level and I think it is wrong to think that there's no point to preserve nature, as others won't anyway and it will nullify the effort, I think it won't. While destroying the planets the humans would also destroy themselves, because they are a part of it.

I think that the best option to preserve the world would be to act bearing in mind, that everyone can do something(not use much plastic packages, use economic things, not overuse electricity and water etc.). I'm not saying everyone should refuse everything technical etc. I know that there will be some damage to the environment anyway but I think it's in everyone's best interests to at least think about it.
29.04.2007 - 01:08
MadGatsu

chose 3rd option. ppl have to stop being idiots. period
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
29.04.2007 - 03:22
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I believe that we should stop being incompetent idiots. Humans are burning through the Earth's resources to quickly and give nothing back. The people with the least respect for nature have got to be Americans. (Yes, I know the irony that I am American, but I try not to be like them.) Every day, I see people who drive massive sports utility vehicle that get one mile to the gallon, and people who carelessly throw their trash out their car windows and out on the side of the road. To be painfully honest, Americans are wasteful. We make up only 4 percent of the Earth's population, but we use 25 percent of its resources. At the rate we use petroleum, the world's oil reserves will be sucked dry within 30 years or less. By that time, the water level would have risen by 10 feet from global warming.

So how do we solve this crisis? Well, we need to stop being wasteful for once. Also, we should recycle all of our plastics and metals. It's not hard. It will just take ten minutes of your time to collect plastic and metal products to take to your local recycling center. We should also sell that gas-guzzling SUV of yours and trade it in for a more environment-friendly transportation vehicle that gets many miles to the gallon and does not produce as much pollution as other cars on the road. It's those little actions now that will make a very big difference in the long run.
01.05.2007 - 03:04
Fhuesc

I think that the answer is simple, but put it on practice is the dificult part. For example, all the countries that are in the north on winter they need to much energy, but i dont think that any of you who live there want to change the confortable warm of your house for a unclimated house. Other example of this are the cars, all over the world the people would rather die than use public transport. So i dont think that mankind can be saved, that doesnt mean that we continue to be a bunch of indolent idiots, but we have to accept the consecuences of what we and our ancestors have done. For sure to many species will die but sooner after that, new species will apear, and the shit named mankind will be gone forever.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!