87 have it
8 want it

01. Lecter (Welcome)
02. Wanderer
03. Drawn To Water - The Path
04. Thy Scent
05. Anti-Life Saviour
06. Map Of Scars
07. Treasure (In Liquid Dreams Of Mirror Universe)

Additional info
Mixed by Aksu Hanttu
Mastered by Svante Forsbäck.

Released via Candlelight / Spinefarm Records.

Found in 14 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 35   Visited by: 466 users
12.05.2017 - 21:22
IBlackened

I really hope the music isn't like the cover.
----
Their old stuff is better.
13.05.2017 - 00:14
Rating: 8
FYA
Destroyer
I am curious about the vocals.
13.05.2017 - 16:34
3rdWorld
China was a neat
A new masterpiece in the waiting.
13.05.2017 - 21:05
s_t_s

I love Omega Arcane but the more it goes the more anxious I'm feeling about this new "album" : first the singer leaves, then that awful artwork and last but not least only 7 songs ? A bit short... Let's hope it won't be a disappointment :/
17.05.2017 - 21:36
garmling
Account deleted
Written by s_t_s on 13.05.2017 at 21:05

I love Omega Arcane but the more it goes the more anxious I'm feeling about this new "album" : first the singer leaves, then that awful artwork and last but not least only 7 songs ? A bit short... Let's hope it won't be a disappointment :/

I assume you already heard the first single... Check out the second one called "Lecter (Welcome)" at the link below (just sing up and listen)... It is a good song, but there are some really annoying clean vocals, which remind me of Inflames or some metalcore bands... However, the rest of the song is very interesting....

http://www.deezer.com/album/41130411
18.05.2017 - 19:29
s_t_s

Written by Guest on 17.05.2017 at 21:36

Written by s_t_s on 13.05.2017 at 21:05

I assume you already heard the first single... Check out the second one called "Lecter (Welcome)" at the link below (just sing up and listen)... It is a good song, but there are some really annoying clean vocals, which remind me of Inflames or some metalcore bands... However, the rest of the song is very interesting....

http://www.deezer.com/album/41130411

Thank you for the tip ! I have finally found enough time to listen to this new track. Sure I could do without the clean vocals but it's fine with me if they are not found in every other song The song itself is ok but not as good as any track taken from Omega Arcane. Wait and see...
28.06.2017 - 11:11
s_t_s

No surprise it has leaked and it has TRUMPETS ! Yeah that's kinda odd but reminds me of Behemoth's The Satanist with the saxo part. So far I like the 45 minute or so long album yet it won't top Omega Arcane.
28.06.2017 - 16:30
Litvin

Emmmm, Style: Symphonic black metal? - not any more!
This one is like Experimental Atmospheric Symphonic Avantgarde Progressive Jazz Extreme Black Metal - something like that.... am I missed anything?

The album is composed very professionally and played well and there is many details I do not want to get in to just now. One of the downsides is that I have a feeling that album sounds like not finished to me. It is missed the instrumental track as they usually had on each album.

However I am listening to this one like 3rd day and really enjoying that.
29.06.2017 - 02:22
garmling
Account deleted
Every time I hear that fucking trumpet, I tell to myself, ok this is just a preview version with such awful parts to protect its final release sound! it is so much out of place in this record......
29.06.2017 - 15:06
zeromus44

I'll give it a 6, I'm disappointed with this album. Would be 7 without trumpets.
30.06.2017 - 10:06
s_t_s

Written by Guest on 29.06.2017 at 02:22

Every time I hear that fucking trumpet, I tell to myself, ok this is just a preview version with such awful parts to protect its final release sound! it is so much out of place in this record......

After a couple of spins I still cannot get into trumpets either... Anti Life Saviour is a great title, unfortunately the rest of the album doesn't sound as good imo.
30.06.2017 - 11:21
garmling
Account deleted
Written by s_t_s on 30.06.2017 at 10:06

After a couple of spins I still cannot get into trumpets either... Anti Life Saviour is a great title, unfortunately the rest of the album doesn't sound as good imo.

Neither do I. Trumpet sounds like it is taken from some Latin/Cuban music and thrown randomly into the mix. It is so annoying that I was looking for some software to cut it out of songs....
30.06.2017 - 14:49
Rating: 9
lemme

Written by Litvin on 28.06.2017 at 16:30

This one is like Experimental Atmospheric Symphonic Avantgarde Progressive Jazz Extreme Black Metal

Yes it is!:D
02.07.2017 - 04:00
bddidier

Love the trumpets...
02.07.2017 - 15:45
Cassian

This is my first time listening to Shade Empire, and I actually enjoyed the trumpet very good band
02.07.2017 - 22:26
Jagsey

Would be hard to top Omege Arcane, however I did get high hopes. But the trumpets and too much experimentation didn't do this record justice, still lots of enjoyable moments though.
03.07.2017 - 08:31
RyanKolp

I've listened through two or three times now, and I really like it. However, some of the songs seem pretty similar to each other, and I was not a fan of the trumpets in some songs, but in Treasure I loved them. The weird clean vocals on Lecter are growing on me, I can kind of make out some order in that chaos now. I don't know what kind of lasting impression this album will have on me, probably not the same as Omega Arcane, but there's something about the atmosphere of this album that is fantastic. Great album for me.
04.07.2017 - 12:30
FYA
Destroyer
First of all - I am pleased that they decided to not abandon electronics. I can hear it in some songs, so it's good, since I am their fan from that era.

Overall it's not bad. Ofc., it's not as good as Omega Arcane (which is masterpiece) but I guess it happen to many bands. But still - this specific atmosphere, melodic and production is here. Symphonic elements are great and fits to overall mix so well.

I see that they decided to experiment a bit with overall sound. Trumpet mentioned before or saxophone are a bit controversial, especially in their music. I can't really say if it's good or bad. I need to listen to it more to say if I like it or not. At this moment - those things are neutral for me. But I am glad that it's well mixed and fit to songs. Also - clean vocals on 'Lecter' are a bit weird, but somehow - I like it.

I don't really know what will happen now. Longtime vocalist decided to quit. They're looking for someone, but damn - I liked him. I wonder if new vocalist - new direction.
14.07.2017 - 10:27
Morbidron
Account deleted
OMS (Oh My Science) this is fucking epic... I'm loving every millisecond of the damn thing!!! \m/
14.07.2017 - 19:02
s_t_s

Written by Guest on 14.07.2017 at 10:27

OMS (Oh My Science) this is fucking epic... I'm loving every millisecond of the damn thing!!! \m/

Guess you have never listened to Omega Arcane then, because it IS fucking epic, 10 times more than this album.
15.07.2017 - 20:00
Rating: 7
Gaelv

.... trumpets RUIN the entire atmosphere imo. other than that quite satisfactory album inspite of the doubts.
24.07.2017 - 23:38
ZRenato

Very sad to read these stupid comments. People who doesnt even know the difference beetween a trumpet and a sax and criticing the use of it... Then coming back to say more stupdly... Ooh now I Heard it some more times and now iim getting into it.... Never seem anywhere such asshole comments. Or the fine art of the cover.... The band is at their peak. They could get equal to ômega arcane.... There is a genius complaining about the masterpiece clean vocals of lecter, and then saying... Ooh now im getting it. Grow UP bunch of stupid listeners. It is another masterpiece of them. They delivered everything we needed
25.07.2017 - 23:08
Rating: 6
MeatWolf

It's a sax I guess? Aku Kolari again since apparently they are friends with Juha Sirkkiä. Have to disagree it ruins the record, it's called Poetry of the _Ill-Minded_, hence the sick twisted sax tunes.

The problem with this one is different, namely the last 2 songs. Literally nothing to remember from there except for that not quite stellar violin riff in Map of Scars repeated over and over again. This kind of ending hurts it very much. Apart from that, verything is very good, especially the sick epic of Anti-Life Saviour. But when almost 30% of the album are lost beyond retrieval...
01.08.2017 - 20:57
Rating: 6
MeatWolf

I was wrong apparently, it's a trumpet indeed played by Jukka Eskola.

Also the orchestrations are again done by Mikko P. Mustonen. Regards to the guy, great orchestral composer.
05.08.2017 - 11:30
The Melting Snow

The first song is awesome. set my hopes high, but the rest were average, above-average.

-1 for trumpets. i dont mind usage of multiple instruments, but they just seemed out of place.
11.08.2017 - 15:01
Christophzki

If the rest of this album was on par with Anti-Life Saviour, it would be AOTY hands down, sadly it is not.
13.08.2017 - 21:15
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Disappointing album after the epic Omega Arcane. Anti-Life Saviour though is a big 9/10 for me, but the rest of the album just lets it down.
28.08.2017 - 18:25
s_t_s

Written by ZRenato on 24.07.2017 at 23:38

Very sad to read these stupid comments. People who doesnt even know the difference beetween a trumpet and a sax and criticing the use of it... Then coming back to say more stupdly... Ooh now I Heard it some more times and now iim getting into it.... Never seem anywhere such asshole comments. Or the fine art of the cover.... The band is at their peak. They could get equal to ômega arcane.... There is a genius complaining about the masterpiece clean vocals of lecter, and then saying... Ooh now im getting it. Grow UP bunch of stupid listeners. It is another masterpiece of them. They delivered everything we needed

Guess you are a troll, aren't you ? A true and thinking human being would surely not be silly enough to offend every one else with your comments.. Nevermind. Seems that this album is a grower as I finally bought it as I started to hum such and such songs what appears to be a good sign Still have some troubles with the trumpets but they don't sound so horrible in the end
07.09.2017 - 15:09
metalbrat

Lecter was too good a song that it is a classic but all the other 6 songs followed couldn't come near to it. Still I gave an 8 because Lecter has almost repeated around 30 times in my headphones.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘
02.10.2017 - 06:02
CWA

I checked this album out as soon as I saw the controversy over the trumpets. I have to say that I love it. I get that it's not a black metal sounding trumpet by any means, which is probably why some people dislike. I see it as their loss for being black metal purist.

Hits total: 10086 | This month: 22