Metal Storm logo
Aesma Daeva

24.05.2006 - 03:08
Soliloquy

we had a topic for them in the last forum. actually i made it. and here i am yet again.

so Aesma Daeva, what do you think of them? i only have their ex-libirs and the new athens ethos, and i love them both. and i even love melisa's voice on em, the flutes that kick in here and there, the lyrics, and the drums.

the last thread we had for them, melisa came in a few times talking about the band, and other stuff. and she also left the band to join visions of atlantis..or soemthing like that. wasnt really into that band,but now that shes in, i guess ill get their new album.
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
24.05.2006 - 03:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this bands, i had hear some samples and searching some albums, I had read all lyrics of band and I like it thay was secend gothic metal band what I discovere for real. Firts was Abonos from Serbia, and Asme Deava was secend
I discovere them in gothmetal.net
Newer had seen them albums in stores here, and I loved to get real CD not mp3
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.05.2006 - 22:52
Ernis
狼獾
I would not dare call Aesma Daeva GOTHic metal.....they are definitely goth infuenced but after all they are still symphonic avant garde metal.......
But yes, I like their music a lot....I have two of theyr albums, The Eros... and The New Athens Ethos wich are pretty atmospheric and nice....Melissa sings really good...she is one of the few singers of metal scene that has really impressed me....she is not like Liv Kristine nor like Tarja but she is.....I don't know....she is simply special...don't ask why.....
26.05.2006 - 00:01
Soliloquy

well, we cant really compare melissa to liv. reason being that liv is a tad bit too high. some of the Theatre Of Tragedy and Leaves Eyes songs i like, but a lot of them i find sort of annoying becuase of Liv. Melissa can get really high with a few notes, but even if she does, her voice doesnt get annoying.

i dont know, i personally think that Aesma Daeva are an awsome band to sleep to
----

-Zakk Wylde
26.05.2006 - 07:54
Icewings
La Luna
Hey ...my dear you made the thread YAY ... well you know I love them ... love their style in music , lyrics , VOCALS ahh all the instruments ..it's a beautiful band and I love their lyrics are things that appeal to me a lot .... uhmm I wish I could say more but I have no words , and well Visions Of Atlantis is great band too , you should give it a chance ..... anyways great thread ....
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
26.05.2006 - 09:59
dagnytaggart
Account deleted
Is "a good band to sleep to" really a compliment? I think of that more as an insult - "wow, this band is so boring it puts me to sleep!"
j/k, I like Aesma Daeva although there are some songs I find boring. It just seems like a lot of them don't have much going on musically, with long stretches where it's just a couple notes on the keyboard or beats of the drum.
27.05.2006 - 19:07
Ernis
狼獾
I think he ment that AD's music is calming not boring....yes there are some sequences that might turn boring but it depends on your mood.....for me AD is for example very good when I am working...it lessens the stress.....
28.05.2006 - 02:59
Soliloquy

Written by Guest on 26.05.2006 at 09:59

Is "a good band to sleep to" really a compliment? I think of that more as an insult - "wow, this band is so boring it puts me to sleep!"
j/k, I like Aesma Daeva although there are some songs I find boring. It just seems like a lot of them don't have much going on musically, with long stretches where it's just a couple notes on the keyboard or beats of the drum.

yeah, i dont mean it to be boring. its like when babies go to sleep, parents usually play stupid nursery rhymes for them, like baba black sheep(which is now called baba rainbow sheep....go figure)(oh btw, the song 'abcd' has the same tune as babablack sheep, and twinkle twinkle lil start....not that that has anything to do with Aesma Daeva)

and that music is soothing. like folk music. umm, same goes for Theatre Of Tragedy's Aegis album. its metal, yet no heavy stuff.
----

-Zakk Wylde
28.05.2006 - 03:24
El Vikingo

What do you guys think of the new songs that they have had on myspace for a while? It looks like they have gotten quite a bit heavier and their singer has a much bigger and more versitle voice than Melissa. Since the Machine sounds like a bad ass song with one god damned mean sounding opera singer!
----
"The worst kind of death is getting eaten by someone you love."
30.05.2006 - 15:37
madgarry
Account deleted
Ive got Athens Ethos which is a great cd
31.05.2006 - 05:55
Soliloquy

humm...AD isnt really the most famous metal band around...so im just wondering how did you guys find out about them?

i saw them opening for Therion. they blew me away with melissa's vocals, and the drums. i sort of ran out of money at the time coz i bought some therion shirts, but i wanted to buy everything AD had out..but meh. they also had a cool T-shirt
----

-Zakk Wylde
31.05.2006 - 07:46
dagnytaggart
Account deleted
The best place I've found for female fronted metal bands is Sonic Cathedral. The links section of the e-zine is a cool for finding lesser known bands, and forum is even better for getting recommendations and opinions. That's how I found them, along with a ton of other bands.
01.06.2006 - 04:05
Soliloquy

haha, by the way, did anyone else notice how they sort of messed up on the 'new athens ethos' album? maybe they have different versions for different countries, but i have the digipack album. it has a light green cover that has a greek desinged border, and i think artemis holding some sort of vase, and the actual cd has the hindu 'ohm' desine on it.

anyways, if you put the cd into your computer, and play thesong called 'dawn of new athens', the computer doesnt read it as 'dawn' but 'down'...nothing major, but still funny to see an actual professional album has a mistake
----

-Zakk Wylde
10.08.2006 - 01:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 31.05.2006 at 07:46

The best place I've found for female fronted metal bands is Sonic Cathedral. The links section of the e-zine is a cool for finding lesser known bands, and forum is even better for getting recommendations and opinions. That's how I found them, along with a ton of other bands.

Where? Can you send me link? Actualy I found this band in www.gothmetal.net before 4 years and since I saw pic, I know I gonna like them, but in begining this music and lyrics actualy I grow whit them ewery day, some thinks sint uderstandet for me now, and orobobly ownt be in them music and lyrics.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.11.2006 - 00:17
Soliloquy

i was talking to their EX lead vocalist(melissa) yesterday about her departure from Aesma Daeva. apparently, AD pulled a theatre of tragedy. melissa wasnt getting any say in the music she part takes in. and VOA have been chaning their lineup constantly, and therefore, are more free to let melissa do as she likes.

in other news, their new singer(aesma Daevas) will be singing with Therion on their 2007 tour! i saw the AD open for therion(they only opened for em once), and i guess their proformace awed therion as much as me....though i'm not liking the new vocalist HALF as much as melissa, but meh, whatever. therion kicks ass. and yeah, good for AD for opening for Therion. who would have thunk it that the band would be getting that much publisicity?
----

-Zakk Wylde
24.11.2006 - 23:35
Bitch Boy

I agree with Soliloquy, with Lori singing for Therion, AD will have more publicity. I only hope that she wouldn't leave the band because of Therion's gigs.
05.12.2006 - 07:43
El Vikingo

Written by Soliloquy on 24.11.2006 at 00:17

in other news, their new singer(aesma Daevas) will be singing with Therion on their 2007 tour! i saw the AD open for therion(they only opened for em once), and i guess their proformace awed therion as much as me....though i'm not liking the new vocalist HALF as much as melissa, but meh, whatever. therion kicks ass. and yeah, good for AD for opening for Therion. who would have thunk it that the band would be getting that much publisicity?

I really have to disagree with you about their new singer. After listening to her sing at an Aesma Daeva concert a couple months ago, I cannot say enough good about the woman. Her voice is huge and incredibly versatile. I suppose you could argue about whether or not her opera is better than Melissa because their styles are pretty different (dramatic soprano vs. a lyric soprano-somebody please correct me if I'm wrong), but in a non operatic enviornment she wins hands down. Also, holy jumping jesus, does she put emotion into her singing! After listening to her sing I feel drained.

But, yes, Melissa is damn good too.

Honestly, nobody in metal right now (maybe with the exception of Erico La Bestia from Danesteco) can touch these two ladies in the operatic department. I can't think of anybody anywhere close to be as good as these two.
----
05.12.2006 - 21:40
Soliloquy

i guess thats where our opinions class. i'm not saying that the new AD singer sucks. but i prefer Melissa over the new chick.

poor mellisa has some weird cough that has her coughing for the last week and a half. its kinda funny to see her freaked out and not knowing what to do. i had some weird cough called 'whooping cough' that lasted for about 1 month and a half, and after that, i lost my ability to cough. hope that doesnt happen to her. my growls sucked anyways, but she has a whole lot to put on the line

as for them being the best in the industry. perhaps. i'm not all too familiar with AD's new vocalist, but Melissa has been studying classical music, and has had tons and tons of vocal training, and it shows. so yeah
----

-Zakk Wylde
07.12.2006 - 03:14
SymphDrummer
Account deleted
All right, thought I'd chime in. We don't air our dirty laundry so Sil, dude, stop milking. I'm sure whatever Mel chose to tell you was in the confidence you wouldn't use her as bragging rights. As for finding her cough 'funny', I don't see how that's a laughing matter. If you were to read past AD news you'd find that she had quite the scare with nodes on her vocal chords. Have SOME empathy. And as for the Lori VS Mel thing, everything happens for a reason. Have some confidence in our decisions (Mel, AD, Therion) and stop creating drama. Everyone actually involved in the situation is happy. Not only for themselves, but for each other.
07.12.2006 - 20:38
El Vikingo

Written by Guest on 07.12.2006 at 03:14

Everyone actually involved in the situation is happy. Not only for themselves, but for each other.

As well they should be! It seems as though everybody came out of this a little bit better than before.
It's really interesting how Aesma Daeva seems to always get such incredible singers. How in the hell a metal band goes about finding good looking opera singers is a complete mystery to me...haha. John must have some good connections.
Also, it should probably be said that Earl is a fucking warrior!
I can't wait to hear the new album and see everybody live again.
----
07.12.2006 - 21:25
SymphDrummer
Account deleted
Dude, we have our ways. We actually put our suits on and attended a regional audition for the Metropolitan Opera for prospects (got quite the positive response altho that's not where we found Lori). I think John has worked with about 100 female singers now. He's a pro when it comes to finding/sculpting/recording opera singers. Things only keep getting better on our boat with his sailing (with Odessyus-HA). Are you plannin on attending the benefit this Saturday for Earl? Mel will be there (she had alot to do with helping organizine it) and there may be a short AD set. Pending Earl's strength of course.
08.12.2006 - 09:12
El Vikingo

Hey, cool insight to the whole scouting process.

Unfortunately I wont be making it to the show this weekend and seeing that you guys might be doing a few songs makes it that much more painful! I'm hoping everything goes tremdously well for everybody this weekend, though. I don't know him, but after reading a bit about him on the MySpace (Melissa just wrote some things about him on her page if anybody is interested), Earl is definitely a bad ass man. 99.9% of people wouldn't have the balls to do what he has even without having that whole little (eh..yeah) cancer thing.

Well, here's to a great weekend!
----
08.12.2006 - 17:20
Soliloquy

...umm, actually, just like El said, melissa hasnt been telling me anything she isnt telling the world. most of the stuff she aready said it on her myspace acount. as for everyone being happy. i'm sure they are. but did i say that Lori sucks? i love AD not just coz of the vocals, but their whole atmosphere. if the band was just making instrumentals, i'd still be into them.

so, sorry for any misconceptions, or misunderstands.
----

-Zakk Wylde
15.01.2007 - 01:35
El Vikingo

Holy shit you guys! Listen to this!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TuSirIomyu0

She sure sounds pissed off...I love it! I'm betting that this is from the last concert that Melissa did with them that is (was?) going to be released on DVD.
----
15.01.2007 - 02:35
DarkMistress

Is that concert going to be released in dvd? i didn´t know that, i like them, though i´m not really into them
----
Wait in fire
15.01.2007 - 03:53
El Vikingo

Check out www.symphonicmetalband.com

There you can get both the new DVD (which that video clip is definitely from) and their new CD.
----
26.01.2007 - 07:25
El Vikingo

Man...I am really god damned excited about the new album. All of the snippets I've heard from the album sound fantasic! Particularly I can't wait to hear the full version of "The Tisza." That is just one kick ass doom track if I've ever heard one myself! Lori's voice and the crunching guitars just kill me man! BLARG!

It is certainly going to be a big help to have some lyrics so I'm not running around the house spewing gibberish while trying to sing these damned songs.

"*gibberish**gibberish*halls of man*gibberish**gibberish*the act of*gibberish*gibberish*DESTRUCTION!"

In other news, Lori is currently on the European tour with Therion kicking every ass in her path.
----
09.05.2007 - 09:31
Susan
Smeghead
Hey guys! I'm going to conduct an interview with John here pretty soon. Let me know if there is anything you're dying to ask and I'll try to include it
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
09.05.2007 - 17:49
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I listened to this band recently and I liked the music, it's not that great imo, but hmm maybe I should listen to different albums... any recommendations?
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
24.06.2007 - 00:29
Ernis
狼獾
Written by The Alchemist on 09.05.2007 at 17:49

I listened to this band recently and I liked the music, it's not that great imo, but hmm maybe I should listen to different albums... any recommendations?

Depends on the music you already heard.....an acquaintance of mine heard "The Eros of Frigid Beauty" and she didn't like it at all....mostly because of the long instrumental sequences with symphonic orchestra.....it wasn't "metal" enough I'm afraid......
Well....all their albums are grand and worth listening.....but well....try all of them....I can't give any suggestions about the album you should start with....