11. The Last Milestone

Found in 27 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 59   Visited by: 829 users
18.05.2017 - 18:39
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Instawant. Also more proggy than the last one please.
19.05.2017 - 01:59
Rating: 9
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Raspberry?
19.05.2017 - 21:28
strade

Hype. As. Fuck.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
16.06.2017 - 16:30
Rating: 7
Doge of Venice

Written by 3rdWorld on 18.05.2017 at 18:39

Instawant. Also more proggy than the last one please.

I doubt that's going to happen. They said they wanted this to sound more organic than before, and they also said they feel more like a rock band than a metal band with this album.

New song lives up to both of those statements..
20.06.2017 - 20:57
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Doge of Venice on 16.06.2017 at 16:30

I doubt that's going to happen. They said they wanted this to sound more organic than before, and they also said they feel more like a rock band than a metal band with this album.

New song lives up to both of those statements..

Yes I didn't really like the less metal approach but they still have the stellar vocals and songwriting prevalent and hope they pull off a good one here.
03.08.2017 - 03:08
Rating: 8
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
I honestly think the two songs released this far (From the Flame and Stuck) are up there as some of their best material to date. I've found that Leprous has continually improved with each subsequent release (at least to my ears), so I'm actually rather excited for this. Especially since I've been on such a prog kick as of late.
08.08.2017 - 16:09
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
There's something missing...can't put my finger on it but I have a feeling this will be a watershed moment for me in my metal journey. Been a fan of Leprous for the longest time, but I fear I won't continue to be on this train for much longer.
16.08.2017 - 13:15
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
I can't believe I'm saying this, but Leprous just doesn't have it anymore. Compared to the works of art that they have made previously, this is like watching paint dry.
16.08.2017 - 22:48
StrongLariat

Absolutely love this album.
17.08.2017 - 04:42
Nicko's Nose

The album is fucking great. One hell of a grower. It's 100% Leprous, only more rock than metal and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. If this is like watching paint dry, then I should do that more often.
18.08.2017 - 01:10
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Listened 4 times now, no improvement. Sure it sounds like Leprous, but it's weak. Sounds like the B-sides of The Congregation with cheesy melodies and flacid guitar tones. Plenty of build-ups; no climaxes.
18.08.2017 - 09:24
Nicko's Nose

Written by LeKiwi on 18.08.2017 at 01:10
cheesy melodies

Cheesy melodies? Where? How are the melodies on this album any cheesier than the melodies on the previous albums?
18.08.2017 - 10:21
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Nicko's Nose on 18.08.2017 at 09:24

Cheesy melodies? Where? How are the melodies on this album any cheesier than the melodies on the previous albums?

How? Because they were written that way. Some of them sound like they were ripped right out of a cheap musical. Listen to Mirage or Stuck again.
21.08.2017 - 01:44
Doge of Venice

Written by LeKiwi on 18.08.2017 at 10:21

Written by Nicko's Nose on 18.08.2017 at 09:24

How? Because they were written that way. Some of them sound like they were ripped right out of a cheap musical. Listen to Mirage or Stuck again.

Leprous have always had cheesy vocal melodies. It's part of their charm.
21.08.2017 - 01:47
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Doge of Venice on 21.08.2017 at 01:44

If Leprous was cheesy before, the they've gone off like a pack of grated cheddar left open in the sun.
25.08.2017 - 00:30
Nicko's Nose

Here we go.
25.08.2017 - 11:56
Doge of Venice

Written by LeKiwi on 21.08.2017 at 01:47

Written by Doge of Venice on 21.08.2017 at 01:44

If Leprous was cheesy before, the they've gone off like a pack of grated cheddar left open in the sun.

Cool. Might be up my alley then.
25.08.2017 - 13:22
qlacs
"The Quaker"
It's good. It really is. I'd say some of their very best stuff. Illuminate, Bonneville, Mirage and Malina, great songs. Some moments remind me of Tall Poppy Syndrome, that's something I waited for a looong time. Still grieving inside a bit about their sound but the songs are good.
----
25.08.2017 - 15:50
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
I've definitely warmed up the album after 8 or 9 spins now, but it's nowhere near what Leprous was capable of in the past. Let's put it this way, there are absolutely no surprises. They've done this all before and with greater calibre. That said, Leprous is incapable of releasing a bad album, so naturally this is great.

Edit: can't believe I forgot to mention this #2017disappointments. Easily the biggest fuck-up of 2017.
25.08.2017 - 16:20
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
One of the most forgettable and disappointing albums Ive heard in ages. Definitely the most disheartening for me as a longtime Leprous fan. From songwriting to sound there is nothing memorable or surprising.

This is the first time Ive come across a Leprous album where I dont ever feel I want to restart a song in the middle because its so good....everything is the same pace, the same tone, inaudible guitars, inautible and uninspiring drumming. Try listening to this alongside Bilateral and the sheer drop in quality and diversity in songs is staggering. Massivly bummed.
25.08.2017 - 18:19
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Guest on 25.08.2017 at 16:20

One of the most forgettable and disappointing albums Ive heard in ages. Definitely the most disheartening for me as a longtime Leprous fan. From songwriting to sound there is nothing memorable or surprising.

This is the first time Ive come across a Leprous album where I dont ever feel I want to restart a song in the middle because its so good....everything is the same pace, the same tone, inaudible guitars, inautible and uninspiring drumming. Try listening to this alongside Bilateral and the sheer drop in quality and diversity in songs is staggering. Massivly bummed.

You also rated Bilateral a 6
25.08.2017 - 19:22
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
What!? Really? That's definitely a mistake it's one of my all time favorite albums...gotta fix it.
25.08.2017 - 19:31
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
^ Vote abuser detected
26.08.2017 - 00:56
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Paz on 25.08.2017 at 19:31

^ Vote abuser detected

If I was a vote abuser I'd drop it down to a 1/10 just to get the votes down But yeah, not sure what was up with my Bilateral rating previously, thats ridiculous.
26.08.2017 - 01:33
Doge of Venice

Written by Guest on 25.08.2017 at 16:20

I'm the only one who things Bilateral is one of the weakest? I dunno what it is about it but it just never felt consistent and it felt all over the place. There are some really good songs, but those tend to be the more focused ones, like Thorn. It's still a good album, but I prefer Leprous when they are focused and driving home a specific feeling or emotion.

This... this is ok. I wouldn't say the guitars and drumming are inaudible - what are you listening on? They aren't as "in yo' face" as in the past but that is because the album as a whole is meant to be more laid back than the previous ones. I still think there is some very interesting drumming going on, but the album hasn't really caught on to me yet.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't.
26.08.2017 - 15:49
FR1DAY

It's ok, but still probably their worst album. It just feels like it's missing something... I loved Bilateral and Coal but this sounds like on of those mediocre modern metal bands. The album is saved by Einars vocals otherwise I would give it a 5.
26.08.2017 - 17:17
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by FR1DAY on 26.08.2017 at 15:49

It's ok, but still probably their worst album. It just feels like it's missing something... I loved Bilateral and Coal but this sounds like on of those mediocre modern metal bands. The album is saved by Einars vocals otherwise I would give it a 5.

I have this very same problem - something seems missing or lacking. All I know is when I listen to it there isnt a single moment that knocks me back and thing "fuck thats good" the way their songs used to. Eniar is a great vocalist, but his vocals also changed. It lacks power and he relies on his falsetto throughout the album - which is fine, but when you do dont mix it up then it becomes stale. Just like this album.

I really like Bonneville, that's one of the better songs - the rest of it lacks intent and force. All around just not daring or interesting enough.
26.08.2017 - 18:18
Kais

After 3 consecutive listens throughout the entire album and without any disturbances, I can't help but to be slightly disappointed. I feel like all the reviews I've read are labeling this album to extremes - positive and negative. This album is nothing more than "an excellent album", not "one of their best", not "album of the year", but also definitely not "their worse". Throughout this entire album something feels lackluster, but I can't put my finger on what exactly. From the Flame, Illuminate and The Weight Of Disaster are defnitely some of the best songs Leprous have ever written, but the rest aren't memorable to me, not even the slightest. I might've overanticipated this album.
29.08.2017 - 05:35
Nicko's Nose

Haha I just knew some moron (who hasn't listened to the album) would give this a 1 at some point. Doesn't get much more stupid than that.
29.08.2017 - 09:57
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Nicko's Nose on 29.08.2017 at 05:35

Haha I just knew some moron (who hasn't listened to the album) would give this a 1 at some point. Doesn't get much more stupid than that.

I listened to the album 10 times, and gave it a 1. What do you say?

Hits total: 13665 | This month: 29