Metal Storm logo
Bone Awl

22.04.2007 - 13:23
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Can't stop listening to this band. They have some fantastic stuff. It's a pity they aren't consistently great. Some of their stuff is a bit dissappointing (particularly the full-length album). I have all of their stuff except the 'Not for our feet' tape which was actually their most well known release before the album came out.

Raw, primitive punk/black metal. I strongly reccomend these releases:
-Bog Bodies
-Up To Something
-At The Ellipses Arc
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
23.04.2007 - 12:55
Priest Of Hex
Account deleted
Not familiar with this band at all, but judging by the comments, I'm really interested in hearing some material.
29.04.2007 - 20:50
Damnated
Churchburner
i have Up To Something; gave it a few listens in the past, but i can't even say it's decent.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
29.04.2007 - 23:01
Zombie, M.D.
Theyre pretty good, Ive heard Magnetism of War. What really took me by surprise is how fierce they sound considering it was just guitar, vocals and drums with no bass. Id still rather listen to Ildjarn or Malveillance as far as this style goes though.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
07.02.2009 - 12:01
Matchitehew
Account deleted
Heads up.... the line-up has yet to be released, but i can tell you now that Bone Awl and Volahn are on the bill.

http://www.matchitehew.com

join the discussion board for updates.. check back in March.
09.02.2009 - 19:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Had this on full blast at 9am the other morning, not the best way to start a morning that's for sure. I guess the obvious comparison to this band would be Ildjarn. Pretty good stuff though I'm not sure I could see myself listening to them that much.
10.02.2009 - 02:04
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Got to get the new 7".

Anyone likes this they should check out ARTS. A bit more punky and lively but similar style. The tape is hard to find but Youth Attack are putting it on LP or are putting out a new release.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
09.04.2009 - 06:40
Matchitehew
Account deleted
MATCHITEHEW ASSEMBLY: June 5th and 6th, 2009

Matchitehew Assembly is a two day, all-ages assembly of musicians from across the nation and otherwise, June 5th and 6th, 2009 in Chicago, Illinois. The performances will consist of everything from traditional black metal to noise.

Here is the lineup; one or two acts may be added. Details subject to change. Tickets are available now on the event website:

FRIDAY, JUNE 5
MARBLEBOG
MONARQUE
BLOODYMINDED
MENACE RUINE
SWORD HEAVEN
VELNIAS
OAKEATER
SILVUM
HEATDEATH
+TBA

SATURDAY, JUNE 6
KRIEG
BONE AWL
RUSTED SHUT
CADAVER IN DRAG
ABORTED CHRIST CHILDE
ASHDAUTAS
VOLAHN
MALEDICERE
LOCRIAN
WORMSBLOOD
BURIAL HEX

Co-Prosperity Sphere
3219 S. Morgan
Chicago, Illinois 60608

note: line-up and order of bands subject to change.
12.04.2009 - 03:38
andorkappen
Account deleted
If you like the BONE AWL, you might like my band a little perhaps:
http://www.myspace.com/harassor
19.01.2011 - 02:18
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Bog Bodies has a nice concept to it - nothing more brutal than bodies thrown into swamps with their bones broken yet face intact so the spirit couldn't escape - and it's probably my favorite release from them. They basically exemplify the type of black metal I enjoy the most - harsh, primitive, punky. It's kinda weird that I haven't really gotten into Ildjarn, although I almost feel I should.

The following link, although a bit dated, gives a good overview of the best primitive black metal there is, at least in my eyes:

http://typerecords.com/typecasts/20
27.03.2011 - 01:02
spirit_inblack
harshhead
^^
Thx for that link man. I've heard most of the bands, but there were a couple novel ones in there. I quite like Bone Awl, especially the Not For Our Feet demo, which seems to be their most popular release along with the full-length. Fierce and to the fucking point, just the way I like it. I heard a band called Teeth Gnashers recently as well and was wondering if it was these guys under a different name? Otherwise that's quite a dig.
23.03.2013 - 18:37
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Though Bone Awl are one of my favourite bands, I find that the production is really a hit-or-miss for me. Sometimes the vocals sound good, sometimes they're bland. Sometimes there's not enough low end to satiate my desire for material akin to "Not For Our Feet." However, I have recently been enjoying the material that was originally swashed under crushing noise on the split with The Rita. This track in particular is one of my favorites: