Metal Storm logo
Cradle Of Filth - Share New Album Details And Tour Dates

UK's extreme metal icons Cradle Of Filth have announced the details for the band's upcoming 12th full-length album. Cryptoriana - The Seductiveness Of Decay will be released on September 22nd via Nuclear Blast and comes two years after Hammer Of The Witches. You can view the cover artwork by Artūrs Bērziņ? below and discover more about the concept and what's to come.

Bērziņ? is the mastermind behind the new record's artwork, photography and videography - best known for his defiant neo-symbolism raster graphics and oil paintings; postmodern interpretations of classic myths. He has been proclaimed as a "sacred monster of Latvian postmodernism".

Cryptoriana - The Seductiveness Of Decay was recorded at Grindstone Studios, Suffolk, UK by Scott Atkins, who has been the resident go-to producer for Cradle Of Filth for several albums.

Commented the infamous Dani Filth: "The album is deeply infused with Victorian gothic horror and thus the title is a reflection of that. 'Cryptoriana' implies the Victorian's infatuation with the supernatural, the grave and the ghoulish. And the subtitle 'The Seductiveness Of Decay' further cements this attraction to death and the glittering lengthy process of self-annihilation."

The first single off the record will be released on July 5th, the same day that the album pre-order will become available.

Today the band also announces their first full scale UK and Ireland tour in years, starting in Belfast, Northern Ireland on 30th October.

Added Dani Filth: "We, as a band, are incredibly excited about hitting the UK and Ireland for a full run of dates around All Hallows Eve, as playing the band's home country is always great fun and the audiences here are very receptive. And nuts. The dates will be the first in a long line of shows that will extend throughout the rest of the World throughout 2018. We aim to be very prolific on the live front, delivering a show worthy of our fan's exalted expectations and more."

Tour dates:

30.10. Belfast - Limelight
31.10. Dublin - Academy (Halloween Show)
02.11. Manchester - Academy 2
03.11. Glasgow - Garage
04.11. Birmingham - O2 Institute 2
05.11. Leeds - Church
07.11. Oxford - O2 Academy
08.11. Southampton - Engine Rooms
09.11. Norwich - Waterfront
10.11. London - Electric Ballroom
11.11. Bristol - Bierkeller

Source: cradleoffilth.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth
Posted: 16.06.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 147 users
16.06.2017 - 13:30
s_t_s

Well even tho I like almost all CoF albums I have to say that their latest are not the best. Wish we could enjoy something more in the vein of "Godspeed on The Devil's Thunder". Wait'n see. Still no chance to see them play close to my place, suck
17.06.2017 - 04:09
Vermoorden

Assuming it continues down the path made by Hammer of the Witches, It should be a solid album. Cover isn't great though.
17.06.2017 - 09:10
Copernicus

I get the idea for the cover, but these guys wearing top hats are cringy XD
17.06.2017 - 12:05
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
What a terrible artwork...
Though i enjoyed all their albums (even Thornography) i think everything post Cruelty and the Best is a 6 or 7 out of 10. Albums that are cool to listen to but expire one month after the first spin. I think i heard Hammer of the Witches, Nymphetamine, Darkly, Darkly, Venus Aversa and The Manticore and Other Horrors around 3 to 4 times each.
I expect something similar to happen with the new album. I'll buy it anyway.
18.06.2017 - 08:50
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Hammer of the Witches made me a CoF fan, fantastic album.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
19.06.2017 - 03:49
Malignar

Hopefully the new guitar players continue their great work on Hammer with the new album. Really revived the band in many aspects. I don't care about album artwork, only the music.
23.06.2017 - 18:23
Opethian

Hammer was a step in the better direction. COF needs to bring back the FILTH back into their music. The cover looks like it took someone a solid 3 minutes to create. This isn't art work. It's laziness.

Hits total: 2888 | This month: 4