Metal Storm logo
Kalmah - Begin Recording New Album

The follow-up to 2013's Seventh Swamphony is being forged in the studio. The Finns Kalmah are currently recording a new offering to be released via Spinefarm Records. They took their sweet time to work on the new album but it is finally taking shape now.

What are you expecting from the melodic death metallers this time around?

Photo from the studio

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kalmah
Posted: 18.06.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 148 users
18.06.2017 - 18:26
WinterMadness

Finally! Been waiting...well, 4 years for this news. Screamed with joy when I saw this on their FB the other day.
As for what I'm expecting...another great album of raw, balls-out thrashy melodeath that is so much heavier than all the flowery CoB-worship bands in the genre, it almost makes me reconsider embracing the misnomer "extreme power metal" to describe those latter bands.
I then expect a world tour to support the album, with a North American leg that skips the US. I just hope I have the time and $$ to drive to Toronto this time...
18.06.2017 - 22:31
zikon

Holy damn, one of my fav melo-death bands out there. Can't wait to hear the new stuff \m/
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
19.06.2017 - 00:42
Gothmog_Motsham

They never failed to deliver and I don't think they are about to. Oh and I finally got to see them live this year and they kicked so much ass!
19.06.2017 - 03:42
gmorin

Finally!!!! HAIL FINLAND! More insane riffing, crazy solos and melodic anthems to headbang to!
----
Germain Morin
19.06.2017 - 06:56
EmeraldSword

Yaaaaaaaaasssss! Too long it's been since we've heard from our swamp brothers. \m/
20.06.2017 - 06:16
Traezeus

Awesome!! Kalmah is definitely my favorite melodic death metal band by far so I'm eagerly awaiting this one. They're the only melodeth band I can go back to and thoroughly enjoy as much as I did the first few listens. Bring on the eighth Swamphony!!! lol
21.06.2017 - 10:44
The Evergreen

It might even be better than Wintersun!
03.07.2017 - 00:21
ppippissi

Finally! I hope the long break means that they'll deliver something of great quality.
12.07.2017 - 05:59
Gurablashta

About. Fucking. Time!

Extremely excited, and really hope for a quality Kalmah release that's both melodic and heavy the way only Kalmah know how!

Hits total: 4237 | This month: 5