Metal Storm logo
Demolition Hammer - In Talks Of Making New Album

Germany's Rock Hard magazine recently interviewed the members of Demolition Hammer at this year's 70000 Tons of Metal cruise, where they discussed the possibility of recording a new album.

Steve Reynolds (vocals, bass): "We've talked. But we were so busy just trying to work all this in, we haven't really solidified any plans for that. But we're still talking about it."

James Reilly (guitar): "Now that we see how well this is going, we do have it in our heads to start writing some new material and see where it goes."

Derek Sykes (guitar): "We're just amazed that we can actually still play the stuff that we played twenty-five years ago, and it sounds relatively good. So the next step is, 'Can we still write stuff that holds up to what we did twenty-five years ago?' 'Cause if it doesn't, we're not doing it. So that's really the last hurdle: can we still do it? We'll try to find out."

James Reilly: "I think we can. As long as we stay true to ourselves and try not to be something we're not, it should work. I think it'll work."

Demolition Hammer, who reunited nearly a year ago, released their last studio album Time Bomb in 1994 and broke up shortly after its release.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Demolition Hammer
Posted: 22.02.2017 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 17 users
25.06.2017 - 21:02
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
This isn't the Demolition Hammer that released Time Bomb. The last album they did was 1992's Epidemic of Violence.

"Can we still write stuff that holds up to what we did twenty-five years ago?' 'Cause if it doesn't, we're not doing it."
I really hope they stick to this

Hits total: 2117 | This month: 8