Metal Storm logo
Enslaved - Complete New Album Recordings

The Norwegian progressive black metal innovators Enslaved have finished the recording process of their 14th full-length and in the renowned Fascination Street Studios, Jens Bogren polished this new raw diamond with his mixing and mastering skills. Just like for their predecessor, In Times, the metal veterans from Bergen keep expanding their horizons.

According to their label, "they created a spectacular sound chimera of experimental prog filled with majestic melodies, epic sound landscapes and harsh black metal moments - all united in a massive storm that will reach the coast this autumn."

"I'm always psyched and proud when we have finished an album recording, and this is no exeption!" states singer/bassist Grutle Kjellson. "It was a really exciting process this time, with the line-up change and everything, so although it wasn't a dramatic change, the band dynamics were suddenly different. But, it was like a little re-boot, a fresh start so to speak. The studio sessions were great, and we all feel that we have done something truly amazing. We hope you'll enjoy it. Ugh!"

More info on Enslaved's new record will be revealed on August 1st.

Courtesy of the band

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Enslaved
Posted: 05.07.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 187 users
05.07.2017 - 13:31
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Those lovely clean vocals will be missed. The new album will probably be great either way.
05.07.2017 - 15:30
lemme

Clean or harsh, if quality will be on the same, high level I will be satisfied.
05.07.2017 - 16:18
Netzach
Planewalker
Hoping for something a bit more adventurous than the last album. Great news anyway.
05.07.2017 - 19:49
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Interested to hear how this turns out.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
05.07.2017 - 21:27
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by LeKiwi on 05.07.2017 at 13:31

Those lovely clean vocals will be missed.

Why so? Did they reveal it anywhere outside of this post?
05.07.2017 - 21:37
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
In Times was a bit underwhelming. I'm hoping they'll recover the darker atmospheres from Monumension and Below the Lights.
05.07.2017 - 21:46
gavrosaurus

Written by Guest on 05.07.2017 at 21:37

In Times was a bit underwhelming. I'm hoping they'll recover the darker atmospheres from Monumension and Below the Lights.

Well, wouldn't it be a bit of a step backwards for these guys?
If they still have some fresh ideas ? let them do it.

That aside, this "they created a spectacular sound chimera of experimental prog filled with majestic melodies, epic sound landscapes and harsh black metal moments - all united in a massive storm that will reach the coast this autumn" creative writing bullsh*t is just too much.
05.07.2017 - 23:57
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by 3rdWorld on 05.07.2017 at 21:27

The clean vocals were mostly courtesy of Herbrand Larsen...who's gone.
06.07.2017 - 01:13
Liquid

I wondered without their keys/clean guy if they might strip down towards a more straightforward metal style, but it doesn't sound like they will. If I had to guess, I'd say this one will be even mellower and less brutal. Which is fine, if the music is good. I mean, it's not like we can't all tell Grutle's voice is wearing out more and more. I'm hoping we'll hear a lot more instrumental stuff on this one.
06.07.2017 - 01:45
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by LeKiwi on 05.07.2017 at 23:57

Written by 3rdWorld on 05.07.2017 at 21:27

The clean vocals were mostly courtesy of Herbrand Larsen...who's gone.

Oh, didn't know that. The melodic clean vocals were indeed good in the last album, would be interesting to see how/if they employ clean vocals on the new album.
06.07.2017 - 05:08
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Liquid on 06.07.2017 at 01:13

I wondered without their keys/clean guy if they might strip down towards a more straightforward metal style, but it doesn't sound like they will. If I had to guess, I'd say this one will be even mellower and less brutal. Which is fine, if the music is good. I mean, it's not like we can't all tell Grutle's voice is wearing out more and more. I'm hoping we'll hear a lot more instrumental stuff on this one.

I thought they replaced their clean vocalist/keyboardist before recording this? I'm fairly certain that's the case--in fact, idk if you notice, but that band picture includes a young face I've never seen in Enslaved before. I'm thinking that's the new guy.

Anyway, I'm fairly certain that they're just gonna keep going in the direction they've been going in. While I'm really hoping for a drastic evolution in sound and more experimentation to really revitalize this band's sound, I think I can only really expect them to keep doing what they've been doing for a while now, which is to basically release albums in their same developed style with minor improvements/changes that keep it from sounding too stale. Which is fine--they've been ridiculously consistent in making good albums for a good while now.
----
06.07.2017 - 06:11
Liquid

Written by Jaeryd on 06.07.2017 at 05:08

Written by Liquid on 06.07.2017 at 01:13

I thought they replaced their clean vocalist/keyboardist before recording this? I'm fairly certain that's the case--in fact, idk if you notice, but that band picture includes a young face I've never seen in Enslaved before. I'm thinking that's the new guy.

Anyway, I'm fairly certain that they're just gonna keep going in the direction they've been going in. While I'm really hoping for a drastic evolution in sound and more experimentation to really revitalize this band's sound, I think I can only really expect them to keep doing what they've been doing for a while now, which is to basically release albums in their same developed style with minor improvements/changes that keep it from sounding too stale. Which is fine--they've been ridiculously consistent in making good albums for a good while now.

Oh, you're right. I thought I was up to date on Enslaved news, but it sounds like I missed something obvious. And it should have been obvious--even if they were going more stripped down from here forward, they still need a keys guy to play a lot of their stuff live. Someone has to make creepy sounds on the mellotron, of course.
08.07.2017 - 23:26
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Written by gavrosaurus on 05.07.2017 at 21:46

Written by Guest on 05.07.2017 at 21:37

Well, wouldn't it be a bit of a step backwards for these guys?
If they still have some fresh ideas � let them do it.

That aside, this "they created a spectacular sound chimera of experimental prog filled with majestic melodies, epic sound landscapes and harsh black metal moments - all united in a massive storm that will reach the coast this autumn" creative writing bullsh*t is just too much.

I dont want them to make another Below The Lights, i just think that the atmospheres explored in that particular phase left a ton of possibilities to explore, and it would cool to hear a continuation to Monumension for example. And yes their description for the upcoming album left me very happy.
12.07.2017 - 14:03
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Netzach on 05.07.2017 at 16:18

Hoping for something a bit more adventurous than the last album. Great news anyway.

Hoping for something along the lines of "In Times". Obviously with few experimentation( and line-up change), sound will evolve differently. Having said that, I'm very excited for this one.

Hits total: 3174 | This month: 5