Metal Storm logo
Cryptopsy - Kicks Out 'Lord Worm'

Guitarist Alex Auburn of the Canadian death metallers Cryptopsy has confirmed that the band has once again parted ways with singer Lord Worm (a.k.a. Dan Greening). No reason was given for Lord Worm's departure, but according to Auburn, this time the vocalist was "kicked out" of the band and didn't leave of his own accord.

Cryptopsy is currently looking to audition candidates to fill the positions of singer/frontman and keyboardist/samplist. Vocalists must be able to sing in clean voice, on pitch, and also be able to scream/growl. If you are motivated and would like to try out, e-mail the band at crymusic@hotmail.com. If you have a criminal record, don't bother auditioning, as this means you can't tour.

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Cryptopsy
Posted: 23.04.2007 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 33 users
23.04.2007 - 23:28
Baz Anderson

ha, my first thought was "not again.."
shame really, its always bad when bands change members but I guess there must be a good reason for this..
the last album was really great as well
23.04.2007 - 23:48
Bas
Retired Staff
haha, the line with the criminal record is funny, but sadly enough it's true too
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
23.04.2007 - 23:51
ylside

Was rather unexpected.
Although anyway nothing will beat the first two albums anyway, I'm not expecting anything high now, after that rather "dadada drrrrr takakakak" Once was Not.
24.04.2007 - 00:05
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
gah this is gay....I'm NEVER going to see Wormy live
24.04.2007 - 00:16
Stigmatized
Damnit. I too will never witness Lord Worm live.
24.04.2007 - 00:43
Kaamos
Account deleted
Didn't like him on the latest one anyway. First 2 all the way.
24.04.2007 - 00:47
Mega-Slayer

WTF!!!I am pretty upset,the last album was superb,and he is the true voice of Cryptopsy,I also was looking to see him live one day.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
24.04.2007 - 00:50
LethargyMan

Clean vocals? In Cryptopsy?! Blasphemy, I say!
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
24.04.2007 - 00:57
Curtis the Bum
Account deleted
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! OMG this is such a sad day...........cryptopsy was so manly.........i think im going to cry.....
24.04.2007 - 04:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Im not sure what to think here.....part of me thinks...like oh no! but the other side reminds myself that I still have alot more of there albums to buy and by the time I finish the discog Ill have enough Cryptopsy satisfy me.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.04.2007 - 06:31
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Oh wow...they're looking for a keyboardist/samplist! I'm SO gonna go and try out!
24.04.2007 - 07:41
vhaldemar

I want to prove?.
24.04.2007 - 12:48
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Wait and see. Line up change isn't synonym of bad things.
24.04.2007 - 13:15
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Sad news, Lord Worm was the true singer of Cryptopsy, really too bad (again...!)
Hope they find a new great frontman...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
24.04.2007 - 19:41
Doh

Oh no , really really bad news.
24.04.2007 - 19:43
Daru Jericho

I'm so glad I got to see Worm live twice last year. He's definitely one of the best frontmen I've seen live (and I've seen a shit load). I wonder why he was kicked out. What a shame
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

24.04.2007 - 19:50
Trifixion
Account deleted
WHAT THE FUCK!
30.04.2007 - 19:52
Shaddy

I liked Lord Worm :/ Even though i hate his live performance he was still cool, plus i liked his voice. Once Was Not is a great album, one of my favorites and it's not that much to me about Lord Worm going, it's about the guy who's going to replace him : I doubt Cryptopsy will be able to find a better or even equally good singer..

Oh well.. time will show
----
November

Hits total: 6590 | This month: 7