Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - Launch New Video

After releasing videos for "First Kill" and "At Dawn's First Light" last year, in support of their latest album, Jomsviking, Swedish melodeath band Amon Amarth is now ready to debut a new video from the record: "The Way Of Vikings" - which was once again directed by Grupa 13. The clip features the full band as Peaky Blinders inspired characters at a brutal underground gambling hall and boxing match. See if you like it below.

Starting today, Amon Amarth will head back out on the road for their worldwide summer tour, which includes an appearance at the Chicago Open Air on July 16th.

Upcoming shows:

July 14 - Gavle, Sweden - Gefle Metal Festival
July 16 - Chicago, USA - Chicago Open Air
July 25 - Tolmin, Slovenia - Metaldays Festival
July 27 - Tel Aviv, Israel - Theatre Club
July 29 - Istanbul, Turkey - Rock Off Festival
Aug. 2 - Vienna, Austria - Jolly Roger Festival
Aug. 4 - Kostrzyn nad Odra, Poland - Przystanek Woodstock
Aug. 5 - Wacken, Germany - Wacken Open Air
Aug. 6 - Colmar, France - Foire Aux Vins
Aug. 7 - Majano (Udine), Italy - City Festival
Aug. 9 - Villena, Spain - Leyendas Del Rock
Aug. 11 - Derbyshire, UK - Bloodstock Open Air
Aug. 12 - Leeuwarden, Netherlands - Into The Grave
Aug. 13 - Kortrijk, Belgium - Alcatraz Festival
Aug. 17 - Dinkelsbuhl, Germany - Summer Breeze
Aug. 18 - Moravsky Krumlov, Czech Republic - Rock Heart Festival
Aug. 19 - Zvolen, Slovakia - More Than Fest
Aug. 21 - Pratteln, Switzerland - Earshaker Day
Aug. 23 - Budapest, Hungary - Barba Negra Open Air Show
Aug. 25 - Giessen, Germany - Kultursommer
Aug. 26 - Sulingen, Germany - Reload Festival
Aug. 28 - Kiev, Ukhraine - Sentrum
Aug. 29 - Minsk, Belarus - Re:Public
Aug. 30 - St. Petersburg, Russia - A2
Aug. 31 - Krasnodar, Russia - Arena Hall
Sept. 2 - Yekaterinburg, Russia - Tele Club
Sept. 4 - Samara, Russia - Zvezda
Sept. 5 - Moscow, Russia - Yotaspace

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Posted: 14.07.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 202 users
14.07.2017 - 15:07
Jagsey

Not exactly the theme one would expect when hearing the title 'The Way Of Vikings', cool video nonetheless.
14.07.2017 - 16:09
Windrider
Raureif
"wtf" is the appropriate reaction here. Apart from that it doesn't match the band and song, cool video though.
14.07.2017 - 18:56
Malignar

I enjoyed the video and the vocals (too high in the mix though). The guitars aren't doing much of anything.
14.07.2017 - 19:00
s_t_s

At least the video shows some originality even tho this silly slowmo thing gets boring after a while. As for Amon Amarth, I've lost all interest in this band...
15.07.2017 - 02:52
kingeryck

Uh they could've made an epic video about friends fighting to the death but instead there's... people playing poker in slomo and people punching bags and boxing wtf. Could you use some more random slomo please? /s
15.07.2017 - 05:25
DeathMetal

Yeah... way too much slow motion.
15.07.2017 - 18:00
Aftermath

The people who think the video don't match the song or is "random" don't know what the song is about.
15.07.2017 - 20:37
s_t_s

Written by Aftermath on 15.07.2017 at 18:00

The people who think the video don't match the song or is "random" don't know what the song is about.

Lyrics right below and please tell me how it connects with the video as I'm feeling a bit dumb

"The Way Of Vikings"

Whirling dust in morning air
Two warriors in the ring
With the strength of two great bears
They make their weapons sing

Sparks fly high when steel meets steel
And no one can believe
That these two men are best friends
Not enemies

They lash out with ferocious force
The fight grows more intense
But each avoid the other's sword
As if by seventh sense

Their muscles ache, their bones are sore
But none of them will yield
They fight a two-man practice war
As enemies

Faster!
Stronger!
Fight until your dying breath!
Fiercer!
Harder!
This is a matter of life and death!

Full on fight in training
It's the way of vikings
Every muscle straining
It's the way of the Jomsvikings
These men aim to shatter
It's the way of vikings
This is how we battle

Whirling dust in morning air
Two warriors in the ring
With the strength of two great bears
They make their weapons sing

Sparks fly high when steel meets steel
And no one can believe
That these two men are best friends
Not enemies

Sun beats down with intense heat
The swordsmen start to break
Pain shoots through their tired feet
With every step they take

In this fight of iron wills
One man takes a knee
The other goes for the kill
Like an enemy

Faster!
Stronger!
Fight until your dying breath!
Fiercer!
Harder!
This is a matter of life and death!

Full on fight in training
It's the way of vikings
Every muscle straining
These men aim to shatter
It's the way of vikings
This is how we battle
16.07.2017 - 14:14
Aftermath

Written by s_t_s on 15.07.2017 at 20:37

Written by Aftermath on 15.07.2017 at 18:00

Lyrics right below and please tell me how it connects with the video as I'm feeling a bit dumb

The song is about martial arts, which the very first paragraph makes clear: "Two warriors in the ring". And the video is all old school martial art context, even with the gambling scenes since that's a classic context of martial art.
17.07.2017 - 16:50
s_t_s

Martial arts = Vikings ?

Okayyy, I think I'm leaving you with the final words here (and don't smoke too much weed !)
18.07.2017 - 14:05
Aftermath

Written by s_t_s on 17.07.2017 at 16:50

Martial arts = Vikings ?

Okayyy, I think I'm leaving you with the final words here (and don't smoke too much weed !)

What ring are you suggesting the lyric from the music video with big martial artist focus is referring to if not the ring that martial artists fight in?

You know a song is more than a title, right? People were saying that the song don't fit the video, not merely the title. You provided the lyrics that shows "two warriors in the ring". Don't play dumb with your insulting reply of suggesting the conclusion is due to drugs and illogical "martial arts = vikings?".
20.07.2017 - 12:27
s_t_s

Written by Aftermath on 18.07.2017 at 14:05

Martial arts = Vikings ?

What ring are you suggesting the lyric from the music video with big martial artist focus is referring to if not the ring that martial artists fight in?

You know a song is more than a title, right? People were saying that the song don't fit the video, not merely the title. You provided the lyrics that shows "two warriors in the ring". Don't play dumb with your insulting reply of suggesting the conclusion is due to drugs and illogical "martial arts = vikings?".

A ring can be used in any kind of battle, don't see what makes you think that "the way of the viking" refers to martial, hence Asian, fighting art. But don't feel offended as this was not my intent ;p
20.07.2017 - 15:51
Aftermath

Written by s_t_s on 20.07.2017 at 12:27

Martial arts = Vikings ?

A ring can be used in any kind of battle, don't see what makes you think that "the way of the viking" refers to martial, hence Asian, fighting art. But don't feel offended as this was not my intent ;p

I don't know about the Asian limitation to the word "martial art", but maybe I was wrong to use that label. But in present days I'd say "martial art" tend to include any type of combat sport regardless of origin, such a boxing. MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts and include things like boxing and wrestling, which have existed all over the world since Ancient times, not just Asia.
20.07.2017 - 17:48
s_t_s

Written by Aftermath on 20.07.2017 at 15:51

Martial arts = Vikings ?

I don't know about the Asian limitation to the word "martial art", but maybe I was wrong to use that label. But in present days I'd say "martial art" tend to include any type of combat sport regardless of origin, such a boxing. MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts and include things like boxing and wrestling, which have existed all over the world since Ancient times, not just Asia.

A quick search on Wikipedia tends to say you are right are "martial arts " are today most referred to as being from Asia while they originate from Europe, say even Roman era. One point for you !
30.08.2022 - 11:37
Written by s_t_s on 20.07.2017 at 17:48

Written by Aftermath on 20.07.2017 at 15:51

Martial arts = Vikings ?

A quick search on Wikipedia tends to say you are right are "martial arts " are today most referred to as being from Asia while they originate from Europe, say even Roman era. One point for you !

The brightest sporting spectacle, the Olympic Games, fights have always been one of the reasons for betting. Every two years, many sports betting fans forget about other summer or winter Olympics events. Betting bettors usually choose soccer, boxing, basketball, swimming, track and field, and baseball as their summer Olympic sports. As for winter sports, the most popular bets are on skiing, skating, luge, hockey, biathlon, curling, ski jumping, and bobsledding. For example, I spent a month at the house of pokies 379, where I earned a lot of experience and money.

Hits total: 3527 | This month: 5