Metal Storm logo
Epica - Sign With Nuclear Blast Records

The following announcement was made on Epica's homepage:

"We are very happy to announce that we have signed a record deal with Nuclear Blast. Nuclear Blast is one of the biggest and most renowned record companies in metal and has already released albums of top bands like In Flames, Therion, Stratovarius, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir and Nightwish.

At the moment we are finishing up the recordings of the new album, which is scheduled for release around August/September this year. It was recorded again at the Gate Studio with renowned producer Sascha Paeth. This new album will feature the heaviest material of Epica so far.

For more info on Nuclear Blast please check: http://www.nuclearblast.de

We would like to thank Markus Staiger and all the crew at Nuclear Blast and we very much look forward to working together with you guys!"

Source: epica.nl
Band profile: Epica
Posted: 24.04.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 9 users
24.04.2007 - 20:13
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Woo! Sounds like good news to me And what is it with Transmission Records? Are they out of business?
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
24.04.2007 - 20:23
RavenLord

I always worry when a band on a label like Nuclear Blast start going on about the 'heaviness' of their upcoming music...still, good luck to them, although I don't listen to 'em much more any more.
----
24.04.2007 - 20:45
Daru Jericho

Another band talk about how they're going to be heavier. Heavy doesn't necessarily equate to good but I guess that's what a portion of metalheads love. Good signing choice though. Hopefully it will be fruitful for them.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

24.04.2007 - 20:50
SacredBlade

Onward and upward from here guys ! Congrats Simone and crew you certainly deserve it Godspeed...
24.04.2007 - 21:19
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
When they say heavy, they usually mean the production. And that's really good. If the production is to light it's often bad. Good choice of label btw
24.04.2007 - 23:24
Jiri

You know what this means, its downhill for Epica. Just like Dimmu, In Flames, and Nightwish.
25.04.2007 - 00:29
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Great, another great band signs for Major metal label.. thats cool
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
25.04.2007 - 00:32
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by Jiri on 24.04.2007 at 23:24

You know what this means, its downhill for Epica. Just like Dimmu, In Flames, and Nightwish.

It's a little too much .

Otherwise if their music gain a powerfull side with a better production this signing it's a good news.
25.04.2007 - 01:46
vhaldemar

marvelous!

I believe that they deserve to be in a great label.
25.04.2007 - 04:08
Nixx
Account deleted
Best of luck to Epica, nice record label to sign with.

Daru Jericho:" Another band talk about how they're going to be heavier. Heavy doesn't necessarily equate to good but I guess that's what a portion of metalheads love. Good signing choice though. Hopefully it will be fruitful for them."

Well, I understand why you "took it" that way, but they don't acually write that it's going to be BETTER, just heavier
Just as it could sound like someone recorded a trailer engine from like 4inches away, which would make it heavier (?), but not exactly better

But I agree that it might sound like they're trying to "play" on the heavy love of some metal-heads ^^

I just hope they do it for their own sake tho, abit tired of bands making music just to sell, instead of going their own path.
25.04.2007 - 11:58
Hyvaarin

Written by Guest on 25.04.2007 at 04:08

Daru Jericho:" Another band talk about how they're going to be heavier. Heavy doesn't necessarily equate to good but I guess that's what a portion of metalheads love. Good signing choice though. Hopefully it will be fruitful for them."

Well, I understand why you "took it" that way, but they don't acually write that it's going to be BETTER, just heavier

$10 says they end up calling it their "best release yet" or whatever.

Anyway, didn't this signing happen a while ago? I swear I've heard about it millions of time in NB mailing list newsletters...
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
25.04.2007 - 13:08
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Great news, I'm very happy for Epica, that's will be good for their sound!
Good luck for both Epica and Nuclear Blast!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
25.04.2007 - 14:25
~Nagash~
Account deleted
That great news, now they finally stand in the list with the best metal bands, where they belong.
26.04.2007 - 22:23
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by Hyvaarin on 25.04.2007 at 11:58

$10 says they end up calling it their "best release yet" or whatever.

Well, that'll be up to them and their personal taste, if they think heavy = automatically good, then that'll have to be their problem(?)
28.04.2007 - 23:53
Bitch Boy

Maybe this album will have a better sound, I hope the production is as good as the bands' mentioned in the news.
20.05.2007 - 00:21
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master

I just hope they do it for their own sake tho, abit tired of bands making music just to sell, instead of going their own path.

I need to get a name of a band that do play metal for money? Cuz that ain't easy when they almost dosn't get any money for playing metal (exept Metallica and those biggest bands that's been around for ages)

Hits total: 2742 | This month: 4