Metal Storm logo
Leprous - Second Song Released From New Album

The Norwegian members of the progressive metal elite, Leprous, have shared with us a second song from their upcoming album, Malina, due to be released on August the 25th via InsideOutMusic. The song, titled "Stuck", has been released in the form of a Radio Edit on YouTube while the full version was released on iTunes and other streaming services. Check out the video clip below.

The group checked in to comment about the track: "'Stuck' is Leprous in a new package! It's straight to the point, groovy and has probably the guitar and bass sound on the album that we're most happy with! Doing a performance video to enhance the special edit version of this song felt like an obvious choice and the footage captured by Troll Toftenes supports the dynamics of the music in a great way!"

You may also check the first single from the album titled "From The Flame" here.

Tracks:

01. Bonneville (05:28)
02. Stuck (06:48)
03. From The Flame (03:51)
04. Captive (03:43)
05. Illuminate (04:21)
06. Leashes (04:09)
07. Mirage (06:48)
08. Malina (06:15)
09. Coma (03:55)
10. The Weight Of Disaster (06:00)
11. The Last Milestone (07:30)
12. Root (04:08)

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: Leprous
Posted: 28.07.2017 by DrM

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 183 users
28.07.2017 - 20:57
MetalManic
Oh no.

There comes a time when a band has to decide whether they need to make a living with their music. It seems as though the time is now.
28.07.2017 - 21:01
qlacs
"The Quaker"
I mean... pls no. I still have some hopes left that the rest of the album is not anything like the ones shared (this one especially, I kinda liked From The Flame). On first listening this was close to painful.

The chorus saves it a bit but I have serious problems with the guitar sound... Luckily they retain some good atmosphere on the second part of the song but the overall feeling is more rock n roll than progressive metal.
----
28.07.2017 - 21:43
Malignar
Not familiar with these guys. They used to be a metal band? This song/edit is exactly zero percent metal.

Edit: Not a fan of his voice and the guitar work is boring. Some specific reasons this is no good other than it not being metal.
28.07.2017 - 21:45
Doge of Venice
It's definitely not metal, and they've been saying from that start that this album is gonna be more rock than metal (they felt like a rock band now, apparently). So I was expecting the guitar sound to be less driven. The song is ok, but not great. It seems the entire ending was cut for the radio edit, though.

I'm not expecting any harsh vocals or heavy, driven guitars. Because neither of those are very "modern rock". I still expect the album to be very good though. Read some reviews and apparently the last song is only "cello + einar", so that should be interesting.
28.07.2017 - 23:45
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Malignar on 28.07.2017 at 21:43

Not familiar with these guys. They used to be a metal band? This song/edit is exactly zero percent metal.

All of their previous efforts are metal.
29.07.2017 - 01:07
Nicko's Nose
Good song. Couldn't care less about it not being metal.
29.07.2017 - 02:45
Nicko's Nose
Just listened to the full song. The last 2 minutes are really good.
29.07.2017 - 03:54
Rulatore
Written by MetalManic on 28.07.2017 at 20:57

There comes a time when a band has to decide whether they need to make a living with their music. It seems as though the time is now.

I see what you did there.

I could not get into anything after Tall Poppy syndrome, but I think that this were the output from what they've been doing
29.07.2017 - 12:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Why are people so worried about it not being metal? The song is fine. But then again I listen to many bands who aren't metal. They warned us that it would sound like this.

Also, happy to see there will be some longer songs on the album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
29.07.2017 - 15:06
MetalManic
It's not so much the absence of metal, rather the presences of mainstream radio chorus verse chorus...plainness.

A couple longer tracks to go along with the multiple 3 minute range tracks
29.07.2017 - 19:21
thenormalone
Sounds like a darker mew with this one but this is definitely better than the earlier song released. I find this one okay
30.07.2017 - 10:08
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Like this, and also like "From the Flame" so looking forward to the album when it arrives. Couldn't care less about definitions of metal or rock, it's all one and the same to me.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
01.08.2017 - 21:32
Dave FC
Well, this is a lot better than the previous song... Very proggy and super cool structure but, WTF!!?? I don't like ( I hate tbh) those USA radio oriented choruses! And I don't know if it's due to youtube quality but why bury guitar and bass lines under the vocals and drums if they are so proud of them? (and I think they're superb) I can't understand, really.
And believe me, I don't mind if it's heavy, pop, rap, bossanova or classical music... It's about being good or original (very subjective matter, i know...) but I say this because Leprous are top on my musical tastes.
10.08.2017 - 22:37
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
The best albums are not made according to fans' expectations. They are made, because bands want to make them. I'm not saying this is going to be such an album, but we should let the band to whatever they want. Even if it is not what we want to hear.
17.08.2017 - 00:52
qlacs
"The Quaker"
I just realized that I mostly have problem with how it sounds. How you sound live and on records is a part of your image as a band. Without it you can't sell sh*t. Leprous already sold one and now they are trying to water it down heavily. The guitars are really thin here. Also the intro riff sounds probably the most pop rock riff ever.
----
17.08.2017 - 01:06
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Daniell on 10.08.2017 at 22:37

The best albums are not made according to fans' expectations. They are made, because bands want to make them. I'm not saying this is going to be such an album, but we should let the band to whatever they want. Even if it is not what we want to hear.

I find it a great topic if music, or an artist is self-servient or not. I mean, do what you want to do, but only as long as there is an audience for it... could turn into a very twisted idea. I think it's pretty much subjected to the artist as a person, on what he/she values. I for one value expressiveness and emotions in music, so it's a bit sad to see people abandon some of these for money a.k.a. becoming sellouts, slow or fast. I'm not saying Leprous are, but they did become musically less diverse and lost some dimensions and weight in their sound with every record. The Congregation still holds up very much, and I can only hope Malina will score some too... :
----
17.08.2017 - 07:13
Nicko's Nose
*sigh* More metalheads complaining about music not being metal enough...
17.08.2017 - 08:02
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Written by Nicko's Nose on 17.08.2017 at 07:13

*sigh* More metalheads complaining about music not being metal enough...

This is what makes metalheads a bit less respectable, also in the eyes of other music lovers. Metalheads too often limit themselves to strictly metal and reject bands if they stop playing metal, or, as you said, are not metal enough.
It's funny that fans of such a diverse and varied genre as metal can at the same be so narrow-minded and intolerant towards music.

Hits total: 4298 | This month: 5