Metal Storm logo
Vattnet - New Track And Video Online

U.S. atmospheric/post-black metallers Vattnet have shared a new song from their upcoming third album, Vattnet. "Spun" is the name of the track you can listen to below before their album is released via New Damage Records on September 15th. Vattnet Viskar changed their name to Vattnet in 2016. Are you pleased with this track and the video for it?

The band's bassist Casey Aylward comments: "'Spun' was the last song I wrote for the record and also the last song we recorded and put together. Conceptually it's about being uncomfortable and very unhappy in your situation at the time, feeling helpless, feeling like it won't ever end. The video touches on this theme by using the idea of searching for light within a world of darkness. While some choose to accept or live within the blackness, others try to find or create a light to see their way out. Definitely a song that poured out of me, as if I needed it exorcised from me. When it was done I knew it had to be the first song on the record, and I'm happy Shay and Chris shared that vision. I feel like it perfectly introduces what you can expect to hear from the rest of the record, albeit it on a pretty dark note."

Tracklist:

01. Spun
02. Dark Black
03. Sugar
04. Better Ghost
05. Sister
06. Chains
07. Time Will Prove Everything
08. Funeral

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Vattnet
Posted: 29.07.2017 by Paz

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 44 users
29.07.2017 - 20:44
roeder

The new name is kinda lame. at least if you know what it means
29.07.2017 - 22:10
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
This has nothing to do with black metal and change the tags for the band.
30.07.2017 - 12:19
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
Written by roeder on 29.07.2017 at 20:44

What does it mean?
30.07.2017 - 12:20
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
Written by Guest on 29.07.2017 at 22:10

This has nothing to do with black metal and change the tags for the band.

I haven't heard the whole album yet so I used their previous tags. After just one song it's hard to tell what genre they are going to play..
30.07.2017 - 16:04
roeder

Written by Paz on 30.07.2017 at 12:19

Written by roeder on 29.07.2017 at 20:44

What does it mean?

it simply means "the water" in Swedish. it's a weird choice that they shortened the name
01.08.2017 - 03:40
Lord Slothrop

I don't think it's bad, but I'm not all that intrigued to hear more. I think the video sucks though. But then again, I hate most videos.

Hits total: 2014 | This month: 5