Metal Storm logo
Epica - Win Dutch Metropole Orkest Contest

After an intense 6-month voting campaign, symphonic metal titans Epica are honored to announce that they've won the contest of The Netherlands' famous and most prestigious "Metropole Orkest"! Over 650 artists of all possible music genres competed, amongst them popular Dutch acts like Within Temptation, yet it was none other than Epica who won, with a little help from their dedicated fans.

After working artists such as Ella Fitzgerald, Bono and Dizzy Gillespie, "The Metropole Orkest" is being considered the biggest professional pop and jazz orchestra in the world. Now remarkably, it's up to symphonic metal sextet Epica to show what they're made of and who will have the privilege to write and record a track together with this orchestra.

According to their label, by winning the "Metropole Orkest Contest", Epica has proven once again that they can righteously claim their place among The Netherlands' top music acts.

Recently, the band announced their upcoming EP, The Solace System. This record will include six brand-new numbers, which were written and recorded during the process of their latest album, The Holographic Principle, which came out in late 2016 and charted worldwide. The EP release is due for September 1st, 2017 via Nuclear Blast.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Epica
Posted: 06.08.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 111 users
06.08.2017 - 18:25
BlankFile

Now that´s prestigious. Really nice indeed.
06.08.2017 - 19:52
TheNordicGamer

Pretty cool indeed, the only downside to this is Arjen Anthony Lucassen was among the competing artists.
As much as I love Epica I would honestly rather see what that old fool could pull of with The Metropole Orkest instead :/
07.08.2017 - 03:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by TheNordicGamer on 06.08.2017 at 19:52

Pretty cool indeed, the only downside to this is Arjen Anthony Lucassen was among the competing artists.
As much as I love Epica I would honestly rather see what that old fool could pull of with The Metropole Orkest instead :/

Lucassen? The single most overrated Dutch musician around.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.08.2017 - 19:14
TheNordicGamer

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.08.2017 at 03:58

Written by TheNordicGamer on 06.08.2017 at 19:52

Lucassen? The single most overrated Dutch musician around.

Certainly don't disagree, still prefer Lucassen though.
As overrated and whatever else he might be he still makes som pretty neat and intriguing tunes, but then again it's not to everyone's liking.

Hits total: 1938 | This month: 4