Metal Storm logo
Bell Witch - Reveal New Album Cover And Tracklist

American funeral doomsters Bell Witch have revealed the details for their upcoming third full length album which is titled Mirror Reaper and is to be out on 20th October 2017. The news was revealed by the band's label Profound Lore Records which said the album will be a single 83-minute track.

The band added: "The title Mirror Reaper is indicative of the Hermetic axiom 'As Above, So Below,' written with two sides to form one whole. The song is both its own and its reflection, as an opposite is whole only with its contrary. Our focus as a band has always been the perception of ghosts and the implied archetype of the dichotomy of life/death therein. Mirror Reaper is a continuation of that concept.

"During the writing process we were devastated by the loss of our dear friend and former drummer, Adrian Guerra. In love and respect to his memory, we reserved an important yet brief section in the song for him that features unused vocal tracks from our last album. This specific movement serves as a conceptual turn in the piece, or point of reflection. We believe he would be proud of it as well.

"Mirror Reaper was the first collaborative writing project with the new line up, and Adrian's death during it brought extra emotional weight. We sought to match the complexity and weight of these events within the composition of the piece."

Tracklist:
01. Mirror Reaper (As Above)
02. Mirror Reaper (So Below)

The album was recorded at Hallowed Halls in Portland, Oregon, mixed by Billy Anderson at Everything Hz in Portland, Oregon and features artwork by Mariusz Lewandowski. You can pre-order the album in any of the three available formats over here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Bell Witch
Posted: 07.08.2017 by 3rdWorld

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 73 users
07.08.2017 - 18:27
Maco
Pvt Funderground
If you disliked Four Phantom's artwork you may like this one.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
07.08.2017 - 18:29
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I think it's lovely. But I also liked the previous album's cover.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
07.08.2017 - 18:34
Desha
delicious dish
Amazing cover (getting some Beksinski vibes), but 83 minues on 2 tracks is a damn lot of music. Let's hope they have something to fill it with.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
07.08.2017 - 18:52
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by BloodTears on 07.08.2017 at 18:29

I think it's lovely. But I also liked the previous album's cover.

I liked it too, but it wasn't positively received because the dude who made it was known to use the same color technique. And it looked repetitive.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
07.08.2017 - 22:03
zikon
Hell yeah, i've been jamming a lot of Bell Witch lately.. glad they are coming back with new stuff and that artwork is amazing
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
08.08.2017 - 03:01
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Oh fuck. I smell somethin good cookin
08.08.2017 - 09:10
Paz
elite
Simply amazing.. Polish artists are the best!
09.08.2017 - 20:02
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Paz on 08.08.2017 at 09:10

Simply amazing.. Polish artists are the best!

Given the work of Beksinski, Jacek Yerka, Dariusz Zawadski, and now this Lewandowski individual, I'd honestly have to agree with you. At least in terms of 20th to 21st century visual artists.
11.08.2017 - 00:21
Paz
elite
Written by Alex F on 09.08.2017 at 20:02

Given the work of Beksinski, Jacek Yerka, Dariusz Zawadski, and now this Lewandowski individual, I'd honestly have to agree with you. At least in terms of 20th to 21st century visual artists.

I would also add Jarek "Khaal" Kubicki, Kuba Sokólski and Zbigniew M. Bielak to this list
11.08.2017 - 21:10
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
October is shaping up nicely.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!

Hits total: 3954 | This month: 9