Metal Storm logo
Enslaved - New Single Streaming Online

Enslaved just premiered a new song and why not start with a 10-minute number? The progressive black metallers from Norway will release their new studio album, E, on October 13th, 2017 and with this 14th full-length record, they herald a new chapter in the band's history. To provide a first taster of what's to come, the band now unveils their debut music video for the opener "Storm Son", designed by Josh Graham, who previously worked with Soundgarden and Neurosis among others, and delivered an animated art that you can watch here. Did you enjoy the ride?

"'Storm Son' deals with the duality of man and nature, how important and basic that relationship is," explains songwriter and guitarist Ivar Bjørnson Peersen. "Everything we do and create are imitations of nature; as we evolved from nature, that is how it must be - yet modern man thinks he and she is independent of nature, that we somehow are so superior that we do not have to take nature into consideration other than as a backdrop for shitty movies. Or festivals. Losing touch with nature is basically to lose touch with being human."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Enslaved
Posted: 11.08.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 233 users
11.08.2017 - 21:28
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Great as expected.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
12.08.2017 - 00:20
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
These guys deliver again. So much talent.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
12.08.2017 - 00:57
Gothmog_Motsham
Masters! MEOW
12.08.2017 - 01:08
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Feels slightly more experimental than their previous album, but on first listen, the song just seemed to do a lot of going nowhere for ten minutes. Not sure how I feel about it. Will have to listen to it again.

Their new keyboardist/vocalist seems good, though; his voice is similar enough to Herbrand Larsen's that it still sounds like the signature style of Enslaved, and he's got a great voice in general. Nice job of finding a replacement.

EDIT: on second listen, I like it a little bit more, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Might be better in the context of the album, who knows.
----
12.08.2017 - 14:17
Lanthros
Absolutely beautiful
12.08.2017 - 20:20
Tuonelan
Sounds like bits of Bardspec and the Einar Selvik collaborations are starting to spill over. More ambient and programmatic with less contrast between sections.
----
Hopepunk living on a grimdark timeline
12.08.2017 - 20:35
The Entity
Elegant & stunning. Love the build up! A step forward aswell as a visit back to the Isa & Vertebrae days, and the new vocalist/keyboardist did not disappoint. Hyped for the album!
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
12.08.2017 - 22:29
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
It kinda sounds like a proggy cousin of Fen. Which is very good
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
13.08.2017 - 03:28
MIXHELL
I love it. These guys can't make bad music.
13.08.2017 - 20:55
VIG
Account deleted
I don't love it. It goes nowhere and it gets kind of boring.
14.08.2017 - 13:09
phanto
Enslaved are so fucking good. They are truly masters of their craft. Not a single bad release, and this doesn't seem to be any different.

@people saying it goes nowhere.... don't agree. It lacks a strong melodic chorus somewhere, perhaps, but that build up starting at 4:38 with release at 6:00 is, IMO, definitely "going somewhere". Imagine listening to that climax in non-youtube quality on high volume :):)

Looking forward to october.
14.08.2017 - 13:13
phanto
6:00 and onward is so damn good. combines my love of "fast" enslaved & bombastic cannon sounds

boom! ytzytzytzytyztyzty rawrararw BOOM! tytyztyzytyztyzy BOOOM! rarwawr

god damn 10/10
14.08.2017 - 13:16
phanto
That break at 7:32 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
fucking album of the year i dont care if the rest is just recordings of farts
14.08.2017 - 13:50
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I liked it. The song progressively gets better. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
14.08.2017 - 17:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Somehow good, but still old BM era is better, but funny when I describe BM like Ivar did about nature, ppl make fun about me, when he says so, non even dare sto comment. I like idea how he described this song.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.08.2017 - 18:51
Czerny Reiter
Post-rockish sound, harkening back to Vertebrae and Isa. They're getting mellow as they age, which is only natural, for a bunch of guys pushing into their 50s. This happens to all bands, but only the greats make the transition this gracefully.
19.08.2017 - 14:34
Panterica
With each album they release, I find them getting closer to my musical taste. Hopefully this album will be the one which makes that final step.
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
23.08.2017 - 00:41
Malignar
Pretty good song. Cool video. They probably could have cut the atmospheric parts in half and made this quite a bit better. They had the material for a 6 minute song and made it 10 minutes.
24.08.2017 - 20:37
Dave FC
Yeah, it's a little bit too long but i like the Vertebrae vibe on it and that build up on the middle section is great as people said

Hits total: 4220 | This month: 9