Metal Storm logo
¿Metal songs about samurais?

22.08.2017 - 14:11
Baldmetal

Hello! I'm traying to create a compilation of historical metal about samurais and relative history to this topic. I looking for songs of more or less famous bands inspired by this interesting japanesse being. For example the last sabaton single it was "shiroyama" or there is a song called "bushido" from Hammerfall. I'm not talking about the style "samurai metal" (i recently discovered it) but about history.

I need ur help guys! thank you!
----
O_o
22.08.2017 - 16:29
Darkside Momo
Retired
I don't think they're really historical, but Whispered are all about Japan
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
22.08.2017 - 17:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I woudl think that Shinigami has lyrics about samurai and such. But famous the band are not. They have only just released an e.p. Their vocalist is quite well known for his vocals in Orphanage, MaYan and as guest in After Forever, Within Temptation, Ayreon, Delain.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.08.2017 - 21:52
tominator
At best deranged
Maybe "Damnation Angels". They are a band with some Japanese sounding aspects in their music. I remember them having a song called: "Pride (The Warrior's Way)" which is about Samurais. Don't know if it's historically accurate but it might be something you could look into. Wouldn't be surprised if they have more of those songs about Samurais but it's been a long time since I listened to some of their stuff.
23.08.2017 - 00:29
MetalstormBANatm

Die Apokalyptischen Reiter has lyrically of samurai, probably, but in German language.
23.08.2017 - 13:19
Baldmetal

Woow! Thank you! many bands to listen! I also thought about Trivium. They have, obviusly, inflence from Japan.
----
O_o
23.08.2017 - 21:13
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Persefone - Shin-Ken is good and explores samurai themes like honor and such.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
24.08.2017 - 02:37
VIG
Account deleted
25.08.2017 - 14:32
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.08.2017 at 17:59

I woudl think that Shinigami has lyrics about samurai and such. But famous the band are not. They have only just released an e.p. Their vocalist is quite well known for his vocals in Orphanage, MaYan and as guest in After Forever, Within Temptation, Ayreon, Delain.

George Oosthoek?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
15.11.2017 - 13:34
Sang Dalang Abu

Here we go!

Metalucifer - Heavy Metal Samurai