02. Örökké
03. Avarálom
04. Szarvaslélek
05. Föld Szíve Dobban
06. Csillagnász
07. Rögből Élet
08. Éjköszöntő
09. Holdtánc

The Moon And The Night Spirit? hum this is not the first time that I hear some words about this duet from Hungary. Their first album got a lot of positive reviews and yeah, I'm sure that some people, like me, was awaiting this release, especially all the ones who love great folk music.

How can I describe the music of the band? Beautiful? Maybe, after all that it can be a good word to describe the beautiful Folk music of this Hungarian band. Between World Music, Folk, Gothic with a lot of romantic ambiances, "Regö Rejtem" is one of the best Folk albums of the year 2007. Of course, on a side it's not Metal, well, it's more some kind of Folk Rock but you have a lot of dark ambiances too and yeah, it can maybe be linked to Gothic Music and yes a bit with Folk Metal. Plus, in addition of their two beautiful voices (the voice of Agnes is really angelic) and with their acoustic guitars, harps, violins etc, our two musicians knew how to release and play a beautiful music and you can trust me, "Regö Rejtem" is an album that will give you shivers.

It's hard to find a lot of negative things on this release. The production is amazing, the songs are great, the booklet (with a DVD size) is beautiful, the sound is clean, the performance of the musicians/singers is just perfect. When you add that all the songs (ALL!) are real Folk hits it's hard to be negative with this release. Damn, it's just a beautiful peace of music and its only problem will maybe come from the fact that it's maybe not something that all the Metalheads will enjoy because after all, it's not so Metal and really you have to be really open minded to love such album, but it's a great album nonetheless.

What are you waiting for? I tell you one more time that you must buy "Regö Rejtem" is you like Folk music. It's maybe not pure Metal, but it rocks anyway and if you don't know yet this band, be sure that you'll have to learn its name as soon as possible if you don't want to become a "has been". "Regö Rejtem" is one of the best Folk releases of the year 2007, no doubt.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 26.04.2007

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 46 users
26.04.2007 - 18:33
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Some songs sound like songs from Eurovision Song Contest - I'm not saying it is a bad thing, on the contrary. I really like the album - very calm and beautiful folk music.
26.04.2007 - 21:19
Bitch Boy

Need to get this one ASAP I liked your review Jeff, it was kind of strange to see a TMATNS review here.
30.04.2007 - 08:40
Susan
Smeghead
This is stunning music! I'm listening to the samples on their myspace page and was quickly convinced that I need to buy this album.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Jeff. What a treat. Lovely.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
04.02.2009 - 19:22
Rating: 10
Infocalypse

This album has absolutely NOTHING to do with metal. You can't judge it like a metal album.

"The Moon And The Nightspirit" means in my native language "The Definition Of Pure Beauty".
This album would get something like 9.7 if I would write a review. The only aspect of the album that I cannot really accept are vocals like "Aaa-aah-oo"... no text, simply singing. It sounds interesting, but I do not like it so much.

Hits total: 5930 | This month: 7