Metal Storm logo
Void Of Silence

26.04.2007 - 20:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Here is the topic for the Italian Doomers Void Of Silence.

They have released three albums, of which reviews can be found here:

Toward The Dusk: http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=4092
Criteria Ov 666: http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=4110
Human Anthesis: http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=695
And their website: http://www.voidofsilence.com/

Listen to some samples on their website, for example 'To A Sickly Child': http://www.voidofsilence.com/samples/sickly_child.mp3
Discuss!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.04.2007 - 19:52
Lucas
Mr. Noise
None interested in this band?
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.04.2007 - 23:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know tham some songs if its Italian band I k wo album ''Toward The Dusk'' its good one, even ist only what I had hera and this band seems unknown
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.04.2007 - 00:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yeah, seems to be so. And I think Funeral Doom bands should be in the Extreme Forum, I bet more people like them overthere. Oh well.
----

05.05.2007 - 23:51
Crow_Princess

I'm interested in this band.
I discovered them some days ago and I immediately fell in love with their music.
It has something.. dunno.. something special...
I love the atmosphere their music create... It's incredible!!!
I have listened to 2 albums - Criteria Ov 666 and Human Antithesis... And al I can say - it's awesome music!!!
----
*I have made a decision... I will live until W-Lash allows me to die... :love:*
06.05.2007 - 12:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I think i discovere it looking in Gotter proffile some time ago I think so
----

apos;'
[image]
12.03.2008 - 10:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I hadn't seen this thread before, but a friend recommended this band to me and I downloaded their first and third albums. I haven't listened to much of it yet, but so far I'm really liking it, especially the vocals. It provided me with a nice atmosphere as I dry heaved and almost puked up the rotten microwaved tuna I just ate.
17.03.2008 - 07:36
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I have a problem with Italian doom metal... I can't fucking stand it, and Void Of Silence are not the exception.... two thumbs up for experimentation, but this band just bores me.
17.03.2008 - 10:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 17.03.2008 at 07:36

I have a problem with Italian doom metal... I can't fucking stand it, and Void Of Silence are not the exception.... two thumbs up for experimentation, but this band just bores me.

I agree, there is generally something weird (and not in a good way) about Italian doom. And that also applies to Void Of Silence.

The ONLY Italian doom band I really like and which isn't hindered by its Italianness is Forgotten Tomb/
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.03.2008 - 10:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
C'mon Italain doom metal are good try in metal-archives band slike
17 Days, Abysmal Grief, April Fish(yes ist some kind a funny name but music are good)
Alos Beatrik, Arcana Coleastia, Austerity, Black Hole, Blackland, Blood Stained Host, Bloody Wings, Consummatum Est, Circus of Damnation, Deep Well of Horror, Cultus Sanguine, Dark Quarterer, Doomsword, Doomenicus, Doomraiser, Elysium Field's, Enoch, How Like a Winter, In Aevum Agere, L'Impero Delle Ombre, Labyrinthus Noctis, Lymph of Wisdoom, Malasangre, Mournful Grace, Obscura Nocte, Power Beyond Paolo Catena(AKA Paul Chain), Ras Algethi, Remember November, Sleeping Village, Sortilegium, Thunderstorm, Unholy Cross, Veiled Moon(italian verse about Empyrium),

It dont means if there are nice sunny weather, pople wear t hirts and swimming suits, that tahy cant made doom metal, in Nord are winter, in winter there are +10*C and ist good for doom
I had hera almoust 98% bands what I mention from those what I did mention
I hear tham injanuary and I like almoust ewery of tham
----

apos;'
[image]
17.03.2008 - 16:35
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.03.2008 at 10:16

I agree, there is generally something weird (and not in a good way) about Italian doom. And that also applies to Void Of Silence.

The ONLY Italian doom band I really like and which isn't hindered by its Italianness is Forgotten Tomb/

I can't really stand Forgotten Tom neither... I want my doom metal more subtle, not shit in the vein of "AAAAAGHHHHH!!!!!! I HATE LIFE AND I'M DEPREEEEEEEEEESSSED!" like Forgotten Tom does.... that's why I don't like "Dance Of December Souls" neither.

Anyway, K7's post made me remember that Arcana Coelestia is an Italian band that I somehow enjoyed.
17.03.2008 - 16:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.03.2008 at 16:35

I can't really stand Forgotten Tom neither... I want my doom metal more subtle, not shit in the vein of "AAAAAGHHHHH!!!!!! I HATE LIFE AND I'M DEPREEEEEEEEEESSSED!" like Forgotten Tom does.... that's why I don't like "Dance Of December Souls" neither.

Anyway, K7's post made me remember that Arcana Coelestia is an Italian band that I somehow enjoyed.

In Italy are good bands in all genres maybe not so much how other countries but thay have
----

apos;'
[image]
17.03.2008 - 21:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.03.2008 at 16:35

BTW in myspace are new song of this year's album, dunno but I will say about album what I think whan i will hear it
That son are untiled calls 'Extra New Song''
----

apos;'
[image]