25 have it
6 want it

01. The Pillar, The Fall, And The Key
02. Of Wrath And Forbidden Wisdom
03. Eschaton Mémoire
04. Eschaton Mémoire I [CD bonus]
05. Eschaton Mémoire II [CD bonus]

Additional info
Music written during Winter 2016 - 2017 by A.P and S.B.
Recorded at 409 and Elsewhere by S.B and A.P.
Mixed by Swartadauþuz, Afgrundsmysticism Studio
Cover art - Jef Whitehead // Design - H.V.
Mastered by A.P.

Found in 11 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 17   Visited by: 168 users
02.09.2017 - 07:20
3rdWorld
China was a neat
New A.Poole stuff. Should be interesting. Really dif the artwork as well.
06.09.2017 - 15:23
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Really wonder if there'll end up being any influence from Skaphe here, ie more "wobbly" and psychedelic. Whatever the case, major hype
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
18.11.2017 - 12:07
Rating: 9
InnerSelf
proofread free
This album is everything I wanted it to be and a little bit more. This isn't a hyperbole!
A.Poole expands on the elements of past Chaos Moon sounds without falling into the trap of bringing too many influences from his other numerous projects, making this a pure Chaos Moon album; expansive, meditative and relentless at the same time.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
18.11.2017 - 15:03
Rating: 8
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
So this is really good, yep
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
18.11.2017 - 16:49
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Oh yeah, this is definitely better than the last one, and that's saying something because the last album was one of my favorites for black metal from that year.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
19.11.2017 - 01:43
Czerny Reiter

I dug Resurrection Extract and Clandestine Sacrament but this is something else. Instawant from the first spin, haven't heard much black metal as finely crafted as this lately. Really fresh sounding and with well balanced compositions.
19.11.2017 - 21:21
koob

Yep, this is indeed EXCELLENT
21.11.2017 - 04:38
Rating: 10
theeeHell

Definitely my favorite album of the year. Almost as good as Languor.
21.11.2017 - 15:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Amazing, band what brings new into BM, same time still has old roots and what BM is all about, Amazing band, atmospheric, you can hear all there, I like it
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.11.2017 - 17:45
Zap
Maybe it's because I haven't checked out a lot of new (black metal) releases lately, but this seems like a huge step up from whatever the last one was called.
22.11.2017 - 00:46
mz

This band is my least favorite project of him . Checked one track and was not really impressed. I will give it another try.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
22.11.2017 - 01:43
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Still trying to wrap my head around it all, really enjoyed the first listen or two. This and Godflesh releasing at the same time made for one hell of a day at Bandcamp.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.11.2017 - 02:21
Rating: 8
Neachy

Great stuff. Alex Poole can do no wrong these days it seems.
29.12.2017 - 00:57
Paz

Stellar shit and my black metal album of the year
30.12.2017 - 01:27
mz

Nah. would rate it around 7.5. I know it it kina unique, but it does not work for me that much.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
20.10.2018 - 23:49
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Not any Skaphe or psychedelic influences but really strong black metal. 7.5 seems just about right.
03.01.2020 - 17:19
Mercurial

Written by 3rdWorld on 20.10.2018 at 23:49

Not any Skaphe or psychedelic influences but really strong black metal. 7.5 seems just about right.

I'd say so too. For some reason I've kept dipping into this the last few months or so. While something clearly keeps drawing me to it (possibly the art lel) ultimately its appeal outweighs its ability to satisfy. Could just be taste, but I would always choose something like Ustalost to satiate a desire for synthy black metal, this one ends up a bit too wishy washy for me to call a classic or future staple, but it's certainly not bad for what it is.

Hits total: 4254 | This month: 12