Metal Storm logo
Metal to get "pumped up" to

26.04.2007 - 22:07
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
This forum is for one purpose only. To talk about which album gets you pumped up. It's what you've got blaring in your car on the way to the show, it's that album that you force all your friends to listen to (maybe even some innocent bystanders) when they come to your house for partying. It's that album that when you listen to it, you feel like you could knock out Muhammed Ali. And for me, it's a contest between As The Weird Travel On by Deceased, Show No Mercy by Slayer, and Deicide's self titled. Yeah, I know, typical right? Well, let's see YOURS!
26.04.2007 - 22:08
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
I forgot to add Fistful of Metal by Anthrax.
26.04.2007 - 22:41
Nixx
Account deleted
Folk metal greatest hits?

On a more serious note.
I don't have enough metal friends (nor enemies) to arrange a party that I can put metal on at,
and I don't have a car license (darn you 18year req!).

But like I mentioned earlier, I think it must be any extreme folk-metal album, or thrash album (Tankard's "The Beauty and the Beer" is awesome to drink to!").
26.04.2007 - 22:50
magick
Account deleted
A cool album I recently found was Nunslaughter's "Radio Damnation". it's a fantastic live album, from the under-rated cult death metal group, that is packed with lost of energy and is something that gets me really pumped. Nunslaughter plays very simplistic, fast, uncompromising thrashy death metal taking influences from Carcass and Kreator. The best part of the CD is the hilarious interludes between songs that serve as a bit of comic relief after a jaw-dropping experience. The thing that gets me pumped about the music is probably the overall speed and intensity of the music, with the raunchy down-tuned guitars, the sick vocals of Don of The Dead and Sadist..in an all out demonic vocal assault. You even get to hear a cover of Venom's "Hell Child" which is fantastic. The album is even better if you get special edition which has various bonuc tracks from their earlier studio EP's which are very cool to. The production isn't the best, and some people might not like it but it's great for a live album. There are still copies at sale at Red Stream for $13.00(yeah I like to advertise bands I'm into.) Other albums that get me pumped are Slayer's first 4 albums, anything by Death, anything by Carcass, and anything by Napal Death. Well and anything that is black metal!!!
26.04.2007 - 22:56
Sunioj

These albums give me great alot of energy.

Kalmah - Swampsong
Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
Dio - Holy Diver
Stratovarius - Episode
Etos - A virgin and a whore

Death - Symbolic
Decapitated - Winds of Creation
Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin
Melechesh - Emissaries
27.04.2007 - 00:54
Revenant
Account deleted
Amon Amarth, no particular album, just certain songs. Falkenbach and Unleashed have similar effects.
27.04.2007 - 01:49
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
I hear you on the Amon Amarth and Unleashed, never heard Falkenbach though. I got some unexpected ones on this one! And kudos to magick for mentioning Nunslaughter.
27.04.2007 - 02:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
'The Last Comman' by WASP, so many different great pump-up type songs (including my favorite song of all time 'Running Wild In The Streets'). Drinking songs, epicish type song...that album is great for the punp-up factor.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.04.2007 - 02:14
Sunioj

Written by Guest on 26.04.2007 at 22:07

It's that album that when you listen to it, you feel like you could knock out Muhammed Ali.

Paris Hiltons new album makes me feel like beating some one up! It wires my brain into a mode of id that I cannot explain...pure savagrey. ( Im not kidding her music makes me violent )
27.04.2007 - 06:44
magick
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.04.2007 at 01:49

I hear you on the Amon Amarth and Unleashed, never heard Falkenbach though. I got some unexpected ones on this one! And kudos to magick for mentioning Nunslaughter.

Thanks, dude are you into Nunslaughter?!
27.04.2007 - 06:46
magick
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 27.04.2007 at 02:14

Written by Guest on 26.04.2007 at 22:07

It's that album that when you listen to it, you feel like you could knock out Muhammed Ali.

Paris Hiltons new album makes me feel like beating some one up! It wires my brain into a mode of id that I cannot explain...pure savagrey. ( Im not kidding her music makes me violent )

Know the feeling...
27.04.2007 - 11:25
APOHAKC
The Bard
Hehehehe I have mp3 compilation made for this occasions and there is a lot of shit there. But since it is not the topic I will try my best to answer this one... Hmmm definetely Helloween's Walls Of Jericho, put that into deck and GTA can start... beside that: Slayer - Reign In Blood, Destruction - Infernal Overkill, Metallica - Kill'em All, Megadeth - Killing Is M Business, Manowar - Louder Than Hell, Gamma Ray - No World Order...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
27.04.2007 - 14:33
MadGatsu

These albums work for me:

Covenant - Nexus Polaris
Amon Amarth - Fate of Norns
Amon Amarth - Once Sent From The Golden Hall \m/
Kalmah - They Will Return
Moonspell - Wolfheart \m/
Moonspell - Irreligious
Moonspell - The Antidote
Dream Evil - DragonSlayer
Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
Children of Bodom - Tokyo Warhearts \m/
Iron Maiden - Live in Rock in Rio \m/

PS: those with \m/ are my fav from that list
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
27.04.2007 - 16:37
Warman
Erotic Stains
I just don't have the energy to name them all, so I'll write my three favourites!

1. Deathstars Termination Bliss
This album always works, whether you're in a depressive state and wants some sad ballads or if you're in a party mode and need the catchiest songs ever! I've forced all my friends to listen to this album and they love it too now! This album really makes me happy.

2. Cradle of Filth Damnation and a Day
I just get so much power from this album, I think it's a masterpiece, it's art. I feel like conquering the world after listening to this album.

3. Watain Sworn to the Dark
If not Satan's Hunger and Storm of the Antichrist pumps you up, you're probably dead or something.
----
27.04.2007 - 17:18
Opium
Account deleted
IMO, there's one album that does it for me and that is Carcass' "Necrotism - Descanting The Insalubrious", every track makes me feel energized in some way, almost empowering, really. It's strange how music is capable of doing such a thing, but also very enjoyable at the same time, of course. Although when it comes to such a topic as this one, everyone is bound to differ.

Then again, there's always singular tracks by bands that have the same effect, but a whole album would be more desirable, seeing as you want that kind of high to last forever

Actually, three others that would also count for me, but not to the same degree as Carcass' "Necrotism" are Manowar's "Louder Than Hell" (As mentioned by Aronax - cheers to him for reminding me about it ), Queensrÿche's "Rage For Order" and Megadeth's "Rust In Peace".
27.04.2007 - 17:55
Hyvaarin

There are a couple of songs in particular that make me wanna go out and kick ass.

Megadeth - Take No Prisoners (listening now), Peace Sells, Holy Wars...the Punishment Due
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Bathory - For All Those Who Died
Behemoth - Demigod
Manowar - Battle Hymn, Return of the Warlord, Fighting the World, Hail and Kill, The Sons of Odin, etc.

W.A.S.P. - Shoot from the Hip (most badass fucking song ever)
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
27.04.2007 - 19:05
Hatebreeder_509
Account deleted
Hatebreeder by bodom... Fate of Norns by Amon amarth... and pretty much anny maiden album... i know im forgeting some....
28.04.2007 - 21:22
Bitch Boy

"Blackwater Park" by Opeth, "S&M" by Metallica (most of the people I play this album to, likes it, even some non-metal listeners), "V" by Symphony X, and many more.
28.04.2007 - 21:35
Ernis
狼獾
There have been several such bands....well...for me I'd say Dimmu's "ETD"...then of course every time I walked home after workout, I used to listen to Tyr's "Eric the Red"....this filled me with even huger amounts of power and self esteem.....Holy Blood's music too.....
28.04.2007 - 22:48
RavenLord

Albums, eh...?

Well, lots of Iron Maiden has that quality, but not a full album. I'd go for 'Fear of the Dark' (live, of course...choose any one!), 'Judas Be My Guide', 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' and 'Paschendale'. Also, songs like 'Be Quick Or Be Dead' and 'Aces High' are just excellent hyperkinetic tunes, but if anyone reading this claims to be a Maiden fan and hasn't heard 'Judas Be My Guide'...GET IT NOW!

Otherwise, a lot of thrash/folk metal is the best to get pumped up to. Obviously, thrash is for destroying things, and folk for drinking to (not to say the two are mutually exclusive). Exodus' 'Bonded By Blood' and Ulysses Siren's 'Above the Ashes' albums are headbanging fests, as is 'Tornado of Souls' and the entirety of the 'Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?' album by Megadeth...and anything by Ensiferum or Amon Amarth is perfect as well (I know AA aren't folk, but the atmosphere is what it's all about )

On another note (perhaps related to the folk metal above), In Flames' 'Goliaths Disarm Their Davids' really pumps me up. The intro is just really, really good, and it just makes you want to do stuff. Also, Dark Tranquillity's 'Punish My Heaven' is perfect to get going in the morning, as it just grabs your attention and doesn't let go (Add the rest of 'The Gallery' to that, in fact).
----
28.04.2007 - 23:52
Martinikuss

Certainly Vader and album Litany the title song 'Litany'. This song has speed, furious, awesome txt and the hate in Peter's vocal
29.04.2007 - 02:01
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Morbid Angel - Alters of Madness
Meshuggah - DEI
Machine Head - Burn My Eyes
Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper
29.04.2007 - 02:56
Daru Jericho

Thyrfing's self titled, anything by Nile, Children Of Bodom's Follow The Reaper and Hate Crew Deathroll, Carpathian Forest's Fuck You All !, Darkthrone's The Cult Is Alive, Venom's Black Metal to name a few...
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

29.04.2007 - 07:52
tulkas
el parcero
I know this feeling and I like it a lot, just wanting to knock your head off by head-banging so hard, or blowing your car's windshield and windows
In my case it would be with some Kalmah songs, or Melechesh. Also, although on some different level, I'd say Nargaroth and Nocte Obducta, just to name a few
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
29.04.2007 - 08:45
Judas
The Amputator
When I want to get into a really energetic mood, the following bands get a lot of playtime:

Alice Cooper, Behemoth, Blind Guardian (early stuff), Celtic Frost (first three albums), Children Of Bodom (early stuff), Dethklok (the 'Deththeme' and the 'Dethjingle' are priceless!), Dissection (first two albums), DragonForce, Edguy, Elvenking, Ensiferum, Exodus, Finntroll, Gamma Ray, Helloween (early stuff), Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, King Diamond, Korpiklaani, Kreator, Mägo De Oz, Manowar (the supreme band), Mayhem (only 'Deathcrush'), Megadeth (early stuff), Motörhead, Nargaroth (for hilarity), Rage, Rhapsody (Of Fire), Running Wild (early stuff), Saxon, Scorpions, Skyforger, Sodom, Thyrfing, Tuatha De Danann, Venom, Warlock, W.A.S.P., Windir, Wintersun, Zyklon.

There are too many albums to name, so I figured I'd leave it at that. It depends on what I need to get pumped up for, really. For parties and stuff, it's all the Glam that's in the list; for sports and everything else, it's all the rest!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
29.04.2007 - 09:07
Susan
Smeghead
I don't care what style of metal you like - one word: Hibria.

The opening track "Steel Lord on Wheels" especially does the trick but any of that album will have you up and playing air guitar, air drums, whatever you like. This album has more energy than all the other albums listed here combined. Hibria's album gets me ready for anything... Hibria and I will take over the world!!!

There ya go
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
30.06.2007 - 09:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Hyvaarin on 27.04.2007 at 17:55

W.A.S.P. - Shoot from the Hip (most badass fucking song ever)

Im glad im not the only one who mentioned WASP.

But if you need motivation for a heavy night of drinking ahead of you, listen to Municipal Waste, especially the newest album, it will make you feel like you could out drink anyone.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.06.2007 - 10:00
Torture Killer
Account deleted
Testament-Just about all of their stuff can get me pumped
Sepultura-Chaos A.D.
Slayer-God Hates Us All
Anthrax-Fist Full Of Metal
Motorhead-Bastards
Behemoth-Demigod
DevilDriver-Both albums
Pantera-Far Beyond Driven

Just to name a few.
13.01.2008 - 08:56
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Warcry - Warcry
Saurom - Juglar Metal
Mägo de Oz - Everyone!
Korpiklaani - Tales Along This Road
Ensiferum - Victory Songs

...well a lot of bands, we love to put many discs as we can do , especially spainsh things and folk.
13.01.2008 - 09:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
some great songs, can't think of an album, but just try any death metal cd lol:

Slipknot-Everything Ends, Wait and Bleed

Rammstein-Feuer Frei