Metal Storm logo
Bands in the vein of Batushka

Original post

Posted by , 05.09.2017 - 02:12
I don't think Batushka is similar to Agalloch at all besides the fact they both play different forms of black metal. Agalloch plays atmo black mixed with neofolk, and Batushka just plays black metal with some small doom elements.

Anyways, for a band similar to Batushka, try The Ruins Of Beverast (although they aren't that similar, especially production wise, also TROB is better by miles).

I can't name any, but I'm pretty sure that there are a bunch of bands that play neofolk black metal in the vein of Agalloch. You could probably just look up: "Neofolk Black Metal" and a bunch of bands will come up.

I don't like Batushka, though.
24.10.2017 - 21:01
BetulaObscura

Written by Guest on 15.10.2017 at 21:10

Written by BetulaObscura on 15.10.2017 at 20:50

Apparently, BM could be described as boring: repetitive blast beats, screams, tremolo riffs going over and over. But these among other things are characteristic of this genre.
Behind those "primitive" arrangements there are much more melodies and musical complexity than some casual listeners may think.

By boring I don't mean the genre they play, I mean the way they execute it.

They "executed it" in the most classical way. I would say: if you do not like Mgła, you do not like BM in general.
----
"Inspired by the future of the past"
25.10.2017 - 00:46
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by BetulaObscura on 24.10.2017 at 21:01

if you do not like Mgła, you do not like BM in general.

Hah!

I guess I'm not into black metal
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
25.10.2017 - 00:48
VIG
Account deleted
Written by BetulaObscura on 24.10.2017 at 21:01

if you do not like Mgła, you do not like BM in general.

This has got to be one of if not the stupidest argument I have ever seen online. Just because one does not like one band in the genre does not mean they don't like the entire genre in general. You've got a lot to learn, man.
25.10.2017 - 09:43
BetulaObscura

----
25.10.2017 - 10:36
Paz

Written by Guest on 25.10.2017 at 00:48

You've got a lot to learn, man.

Sutherland's statement was just as lame as your comment about Mgła being the most boring BM band
26.10.2017 - 09:23
BetulaObscura

Anyway... looks like there is no bands very similar to Batushka. At least I have not found anything quite similar (so far).
I hope Batushka will release some good, new material and they will not end up with only one LP
----
26.10.2017 - 15:30
nikarg

Written by BetulaObscura on 26.10.2017 at 09:23

Anyway... looks like there is no bands very similar to Batushka. At least I have not found anything quite similar (so far).
I hope Batushka will release some good, new material and they will not end up with only one LP

This means they are original af. And they are a kick-ass band too. Even if they only end up with one album, it is a great one and it will take a place next to Dead As Dreams, another one of the best bm albums ever recorded.