04. Opus Brain
05. Problème D'émotion
06. Spaghetti Forever
07. Cheval
08. Apopathodiaphulatophobie
09. Va Te Foutre
10. Robert
11. Au Revoir

Warning: Don't bother if you don't like other genres blending into your metal.

Igorrr, my second favorite band/project, has released his fifth studio album this past June, and it is definitely one of the best in his discography. Sitting next to masterpieces like Moisissure, Hallelujah, and Maigre (a collaboration with Ruby My Dear), 2017's Savage Sinusoid fits right in. Few bands can be so original yet not very repetitive. The collab had a lot more breakcore elements, Hallelujah had some more baroque elements, and this one I would say has the most metal elements. It makes sense, seeing as it's released through Metal Blade Records, which is one of the biggest and most popular metal labels ever.

The first released track was "ieuD", which is one of my new favorites. The use of Rïcïnn's vocals in this track are so awesome. Remember her on Hallelujah? Yeah, she is back as expected. She has such an amazing range, and sounds much like an opera singer. I will never know how Igorrr came up with the idea to combine breakcore, metal, opera, chicken noises, and a million other things together to make music. Seriously, one of the most original musicians of all time. This is for all you people that say: "Metal (or even music in general) is dying, no one puts effort into their music anymore!", or "Music doesn't take any skill anymore!", etc. There are plenty of great tracks on here, though. There are "Spaghetti Forever", "Opus Brain", and "Cheval" featuring the vocalist of death metal outfit Cattle Decapitation (another Metal Blade band). The songwriting is incredible here. The guitars are full of so much power, combined with the loud percussion and screaming, it's just perfect.

Now, I know that after the end of that paragraph you're thinking, "What the fuck??? Why should I even bother with this crap?" Because it is interesting. Even if you think it is utter shit and it is a stupid idea to combine this so-called "breakcore" genre with metal music, you can't deny that it is very interesting.

Now, I have been listening to Igorrr since 2014, around the same time I got into metal, so my excitement was great when this was announced, and my expectations high. This album surpassed those expectations by a lot. I think the one thing that he was always missing a lot of was metal, and while I love the older stuff (probably even more than this), this one was very satisfying after so many years.

The wait was worth it, guys and gals.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 9
Production: 9

Written by | 21.09.2017

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 1   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 69 users
21.09.2017 - 16:47
nikarg

Even though I don't usually like experimental stuff interfering with my metal, I agree, this is pretty damn good.

Hits total: 4544 | This month: 7