Metal Storm logo
Roadburn 2018 - Reveal First Confirmations, Headliners And Curator

The first artists for Roadburn 2018 have been announced! The day Roadburn enthusiasts have been waiting for is finally here. Godspeed You! Black Emperor will be the main festival headliners with two different shows performed on Saturday and Sunday night. Moreover, Jacob Bannon will be their curator (main stage Friday, Het Patronaat Saturday), and Converge will perform two album sets - one for their upcoming new album, The Dusk In Us, and one for You Fail Me. But there's more...

Ivar Bjørnson and Einar Selvik will present Hugsjá - a fitting follow up to Ivar Bjørnson and Einar Selvik's Skuggsjá. Also confirmed are Bell Witch (complete performance of Mirror Reaper and a second set of music with Moggridge), Panopticon (they will perform selected songs from a new double album entitled The Scars Of Man On The Once Nameless Wilderness during one set, and a career spanning selection of tracks will be performed during the other), Colin Stetson's Ex Eye, The Heads, Igorrr, Aerial Ruin and Sangre de Muerdago.

The official poster artist for 2018 is Richey Beckett.

Curator Jacob Bannon commented: "It is an honor to be working as the curator for Roadburn Festival 2018. The festival is unlike any other, showcasing the most forward thinking artists and musicians of the heavy music world. As this year's curator I will reach across its sub-genres to bring together an array incredible bands/musicians; expanding the reach of the festival while celebrating the world of extreme music that we all love."

Jacob Bannon will curate the main stage at the 013 venue on Friday, 20 April, and Het Patronaat on Saturday, 21 April.

Next year's Roadburn is set to take place at the 013 venue, in Tilburg, The Netherlands between April 19th-22nd.

Don't forget to mark your calendars for Thursday, October 19th. That's when tickets will go on sale, both in person from the 013 box office, and worldwide via Ticketmaster.nl.

Source: roadburn.com
Posted: 21.09.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 71 users
21.09.2017 - 20:13
roeder
Not too impressed so far. might skip this one, and save some money for Beyond the Gates
21.09.2017 - 21:36
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
I, on the other hand, am EXTREMELY hyped for this one. I loved GY!BE live since they come across as way more noisy and massive on a live setting. Also Jacob/Converge as curator could bring a whole hardcore-themed line up during friday and saturday.... Excited! Panopticon and Igorrr are also amazing selections for me!

I'd count Bell Witch as well but I've already seen them live at a previous Roadburn so they are not high priority for me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.09.2017 - 21:37
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by roeder on 21.09.2017 at 20:13

Not too impressed so far. might skip this one, and save some money for Beyond the Gates

Thought the same. Except I might replace Beyond the Gates with North of the Wall.

I like most of these bands but for now there is no "wow" effect. I'd also like to see if the organizers are going to do anything to arrange the logistical deficiencies.

So I'll wait and see, still a huge load of bands to be announced anyway!
21.09.2017 - 22:53
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
I'm WAY more excited for Jacob Bannon curating than I was for Lee Dorian last year or would have been for Mr. Baroness doing it this year. Lately Roadburn's really been breaking down the hardcore and grindcore boundaries, so possibilities for more violent, neckbreaking artists are totally open. Given Bannon's background, I'm sure he's gonna have his eye on a few. A set from like.... Harm's Way, Nails, or YAITW on Friday would be just marvelous
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
21.09.2017 - 23:08
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Written by Vombatus on 21.09.2017 at 21:37

I like most of these bands but for now there is no "wow" effect.

There isn't much of one for me either, but that's probably because I've already seen some of these bands at Roadburn already, so while it'd be exciting to see them again, the sort of "repeat offenders" nature of this announcement has me slightly unmoved.

But I mean, as you said as well, this is like 5% of the final lineup, if not even less. Much more to be unveiled and get hyped about
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
22.09.2017 - 03:31
VIG
Account deleted
Are they going to announce more bands before tickets go on sale (Oct. 19)
22.09.2017 - 12:18
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Guest on 22.09.2017 at 03:31

Are they going to announce more bands before tickets go on sale (Oct. 19)

Yes
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
22.09.2017 - 13:49
VIG
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 22.09.2017 at 12:18

Yes

Ok, thanks
22.09.2017 - 14:31
InnerSelf
proofread free
This might be the year I finally do this.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.

Hits total: 2349 | This month: 4