Metal Storm logo
Enslaved - Unveil New Video

Get ready to hear more music from Enslaved's new album! The Norwegian progressive black metallers have just debuted a new music video and consequently, new material from the impending release, E. While the 10-minute-long opening track "Storm Son" gave fans a taster of what to expect, the single "The River's Mouth" reveals a heavier side of the 14th full-length release. Watch the official video for "The River's Mouth", which was once again created by Josh Graham (Soundgarden, Neurosis), here.

Songwriter and guitarist Ivar explains: "'The River's Mouth' is a quite heavy track, drawing both on our rock roots and of course the foundation of everything awesome: mid-80s, mid-paced Bathory. It also includes some odd space-rock in the choruses and the end part - finally Bathory and Hawkwind met. I like the energy of this song a lot - both Cato and new-kid-on-the-chopping-block Håkon is doing such a great job with the psychedelic parts, the chorus and the ending. What a drive! The end sounds like travelling at insane speed through wormholes. The theme here is your relationship with the 'future', as we describe it: The sensation of time moving along is a construction of our brains - physics claims all time to already have been 'rolled out'; try wrapping our brains around that one! So the future would be, speaking in tabloid; a piece of land we just haven't arrived at yet. But it is already here. The song is about acting in tandem with your future self which already arrived at this 'future island' - do not sit and wait, make sure you lay the ground for what is to happen in the future, now!"

In one week from today, Enslaved will finally unleash their new album via Nuclear Blast.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Enslaved
Posted: 06.10.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 161 users
06.10.2017 - 21:51
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
I refuse to watch a music video on my first listen of a song, but this track seems pretty good. Still not blowing my mind, but more impressive than Storm Son, I think.
----
07.10.2017 - 02:34
Lanthros
Excellent song. Hakon seems the perfect replacement for Herbrand. I am growing more excited for this album every day.
07.10.2017 - 06:20
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Good song, looking forward to the album now and hearing it all.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
07.10.2017 - 09:43
Netzach
Planewalker
staff
I'm still not convinced... They have been missing something, don't exactly know what, since Axioma.
12.10.2017 - 09:37
The Galactician
I'm excited for this new record. Storm Son got better with multiple listens, and I enjoyed this one instantly.

Bring on the new Enslaved!

Hits total: 2737 | This month: 11