Metal Storm logo
Sonata Arctica - New Video Online

Sonata Arctica have posted their video for the song 'Paid In Full' at YouTube.
The track comes off the group's new album "Unia" (Finnish for "Dreams"), due in North America on May 22 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Sonata Arctica
Posted: 28.04.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 5 users
28.04.2007 - 17:46
amonamarthavenge

wow. this song is and video are just too good. it really just shows how beautiful Tony Kakko's voice is.
28.04.2007 - 18:47
Jonathan Tweet
Account deleted
filming at golden hour looks pretty awesome, but the video does that faux film style with the perforations popping out and the jitter. And there is too much headroom in almost every shot. I read on their site about the explosions and I was hoping it'd be cooler than that. At least the song is good.
28.04.2007 - 21:08
tulkas
el parcero
I actually liked the video a lot. the song is really good, and I just can't wait for Unia to come out!!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
28.04.2007 - 21:23
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Good song and video too...
I'm looking forward to the new album!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
29.04.2007 - 01:59
Daru Jericho

I really wasn't impressed by the video. They cut out Jani's solo
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

29.04.2007 - 06:10
Hyvaarin

The way Tony's always so far away is really annoying. And a metal video that cuts out the guitar solo is not a metal video.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
29.04.2007 - 07:42
tulkas
el parcero
sometimes they cut parts from the videos, I never understood why, but oh well... we'll still have the album sometime soon
----
29.04.2007 - 11:59
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I personally like videos with some story, so this one was just an ordinary playing video. The scenery was nice of course, but maybe people who have never walked on ice or seen much snow find it even nicer. I like the song, though I always tend to remember that Tony originally made it for one Idols-contestant and then decided it's too good not to be used on a Sonata Arctica album.
----
You'll never walk alone.
29.04.2007 - 13:26
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Good song and video.
Unia will be a good album by seeing this
29.04.2007 - 15:39
Infurnace

"Paid In Full" is a great song. I liked the video too, though. Really looking forward to "Unia".
29.04.2007 - 16:39
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Mediocre. Boring. Lack of realmcatchyness. To slow. I find nothing in Sonata nowadays. I suppose the song better with the guitar solo but hey, Sonata for me is solos all the time! Not only some short, slow, melodic, mandatory stuff in the mindle! Ultra speed solos for 2 minutes is what I'm talking about! Guess I will like this album even less than I liked Reckoning Night
I've heard Tony took pronounciation lessons for this album, I can't notice that at all...
29.04.2007 - 20:56
Dhrenor
Account deleted
I was a little afraid of how the new sound would be, if it still would feel like Sonata Arctica. But after hearing this I'm really satisfied. The song is great and Tony's voice as perfect as always. Can't wait for "Unia" to come out! All to many days to kill...
30.04.2007 - 01:07
Galar
Wicked Mung
wow. to be honost I really dont like this song or video. I like Sonata Arctica, but it's such a BORING song.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
30.04.2007 - 03:30
Fhuesc

This is an average video, i agree with Ernotar the videos should have a story. The song is one of the best in their new album, and i dont like it, so dont expect anything good from the new album.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
30.04.2007 - 09:06
Eight
Shapeshifter
Nothing to be impressed with this video or song, i was waiting for something much more than this, tho hope other songs will be better.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
30.04.2007 - 22:15
The Voice
Account deleted
Cradka (for his wisdom and moderation), Wintersun (that's a nick) & Jericho (we want Janiiii) ...I agree with you and sadly, with Fhuesc too. And I am a huge Sonata Fan, since the masterpiece, Ecliptica. As helloween, angra, blind guardian, stratovarius and so on...the best is in the past: another power metal band going down
01.05.2007 - 15:41
Bararey
Winter is Coming
I was not impressed by the video at all, and the song did not stand out either, too bad.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
01.05.2007 - 23:51
Shadar Logoth
Account deleted
video looked kind of cheap compared to the likes of wollf and raven the song is alright though. Unia was kind of a disapointment but it's not bad i guess just.....slow theirs no up beat fast paced songs through the whole album i guess it just didnt really fill my need for a sonata album.
02.05.2007 - 02:59
Richard Numbah

Just to let everybody know, there is no guitar solo in the song, the music video cut out the first verse and went straight to the second verse, that is the only change.

And the album IS amazing. If you actually listen to the album and give it a chance instead of listening to it, thinking it doesn't sound like anything they have written before and immediately not liking it because it is different, then you will appreciate everything they have done on the album. This album is absolutely beautiful, not in an Ecliptica or Silence way, but it a new, completely different way. NO, it doesn't sound like any of their other albums and I find that to be refreshing. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like it when bands put out the same album over and over, it gets stale.
02.05.2007 - 06:56
Cah

I liked this song very much and hope the rest of the CD Unia has the same meaning
----
* I´m me, You are Yourself.
Don´t forget this! *
02.05.2007 - 07:08
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Richard Numbah on 02.05.2007 at 02:59

Just to let everybody know, there is no guitar solo in the song, the music video cut out the first verse and went straight to the second verse, that is the only change.

And the album IS amazing. If you actually listen to the album and give it a chance instead of listening to it, thinking it doesn't sound like anything they have written before and immediately not liking it because it is different, then you will appreciate everything they have done on the album. This album is absolutely beautiful, not in an Ecliptica or Silence way, but it a new, completely different way. NO, it doesn't sound like any of their other albums and I find that to be refreshing. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like it when bands put out the same album over and over, it gets stale.

I agree with you, it's bad when a band's releases sound all the same. In the past, this change was good for Sonata, I mean, Reckoning Night showed some change in their style, and IMO it was very good, and I liked it a lot. Hopefully Unia is as good as you say! Can't wait to listen to it
----
02.05.2007 - 11:04
GT
Coffee!!
A good song but the video is boring
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
06.06.2007 - 11:51
Marruu?
Account deleted
I hate that song, but the rest of the album is good