Metal Storm logo
A Way To Remember All The Great Stuff From 2017

Will eventually turn this into an end of year list. Includes both Metal and non Metal stuff.
In no particular order.

Created by: InnerSelf | 30.09.2017

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by InnerSelf ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 6   Visited by: 38 users
08.10.2017 - 22:03
VIG
Account deleted
Great list. Insta-thumbs up. Only things I really don't like are Kendrick Lamar and Below The Sun. Everything else I like if not love.
09.10.2017 - 09:35
Paz

Alien World is my AOTY and Kendrick Lamar's "Humble" is probably my most played non-metal song this year.
09.10.2017 - 15:48
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Guest on 08.10.2017 at 22:03

Great list. Insta-thumbs up. Only things I really don't like are Kendrick Lamar and Below The Sun. Everything else I like if not love.

Thanks man. This year was really generous musically. Primitive Man's new one will probably end up here as well as the new BaN and Enslaved.
Below the Sun was not what people expected from the band giving the balance they had between the Doom and Post elements in the debut, but there seems to be a trend of bands who incorporate Post Metal in their music to slowly shed the other layers and go deeper into the Post-ish side of their work, and while sometimes the end product seems soulless, Alien World was actually done in great taste and felt like a great follow up to the debut.
Kendrick's new album is fire, though. the beat change on DNA alone makes me go back to the album again and again. so piss off :p
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
09.10.2017 - 15:53
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Paz on 09.10.2017 at 09:35

Alien World is my AOTY and Kendrick Lamar's "Humble" is probably my most played non-metal song this year.

"Get the fuck off my dick, that ain't right". Kendrick Lamar, 2017
My most played non-metal songs of 2017 seem to be Apocalypse by Cigarettes After Sex, Witness by Lusine, Late Night Store by Husky and Mother by Idles. All from top notch releases.
What I can't recommend enough though, if you're into the indie side of things, is Manchester Orchestra's masterpiece of an album, probably my non metal AOTY.
----
is not bold enough
13.10.2017 - 03:28
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Tea[m]ster's non-metal album of the year : Slowdive
----
rekt
13.10.2017 - 13:37
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by tea[m]ster on 13.10.2017 at 03:28

Tea[m]ster's non-metal album of the year : Slowdive

I keep forgetting that there's a new Slowdive album! I'm still butthurt about not being able to get tickets to their show in Berlin.
----
is not bold enough

Hits total: 1565 | This month: 6