Metal Storm logo
Fleshgod Apocalypse - Vocalist Quits The Band

Italian symphonic death metal act Fleshgod Apocalypse announces the departure of vocalist/guitarist Tommaso Riccardi from its ranks. The group issues the below full statement on the matter.

The band comments: "There's no easy way to say this, so we'll go straight to the point: About a couple of months ago, our singer Tommaso left the band for personal reasons. Our separation wasn't painless, but everybody thought this was the best solution. Therefore we sat down and tried to figure out all possible scenarios for a band that suddenly loses its frontman. The will to go on and continue this journey was stronger than everything else.

"Since the message of Fleshgod Apocalypse goes beyond music itself, we couldn't let someone who wasn't there since the beginning be its spokesman. So the only way to go on was to take a look back at our roots: we decided that Francesco Paoli, our drummer, songwriter, founder and first frontman of the band, was the natural choice for this delicate and also challenging position. Our mastermind has finally taken back his originary role as lead vocalist and guitarist.

"From now on, besides our precious soprano singer Veronica Bordacchini, we'll have the honour to share the stage with the Italian metal legend David Folchitto (Stormlord, Prophilax) on drums together with the phenomenal Fabio Bartoletti (Deceptionist) on lead guitar. Fleshgod Apocalypse are more focused and determined than ever. Expect new epic live experiences and, most likely, the darkest and heaviest Fleshgod Apocalypse album that we've ever written. We can't wait to start this new, exciting chapter of our career. Our friends in South America will be the first ones to witness the new course of the band, with Francesco as our frontman.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Fleshgod Apocalypse
Posted: 11.10.2017 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 188 users
11.10.2017 - 14:07
Pitwulf93
Replacing anyone in this band seems like an extreme challenge purely due to the technicality of their music.
11.10.2017 - 18:31
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Pitwulf93 on 11.10.2017 at 14:07

Replacing anyone in this band seems like an extreme challenge purely due to the technicality of their music.

Sometimes it's more about if the musicians click and gel within the band. There are many great players out there but it's hard to find that.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.10.2017 - 22:06
s_t_s
Hmm such bad news... KING is their best album to date even though I love Agony as well. Don't know what will happen to the band next, they all seem to be vocalists (from the band bio). Future will tell but I wonder why Tommaso left the band...
12.10.2017 - 05:26
Opethian
Best wishes moving forwards!
13.10.2017 - 19:31
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Francesco posted to their Facebook that his move back to vocals/guitars will not affect the band's musical style nor change the drumming style because he was always a main composer in the band, and he has no plans to quit writing and recording all the drum parts in the studio; David Folchitto is only a live drummer.

So the only truly noticeable change, soundwise, should be that Francesco will be doing vocals again (like he did on Oracles), and live he will be performing as vocalist/guitarist again instead of drummer.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

15.10.2017 - 05:02
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Written by psykometal on 13.10.2017 at 19:31

Francesco posted to their Facebook that his move back to vocals/guitars will not affect the band's musical style nor change the drumming style because he was always a main composer in the band, and he has no plans to quit writing and recording all the drum parts in the studio; David Folchitto is only a live drummer.

So the only truly noticeable change, soundwise, should be that Francesco will be doing vocals again (like he did on Oracles), and live he will be performing as vocalist/guitarist again instead of drummer.

I hope they start playing Infection of the White Throne and Retrieving My Carcass live

Hits total: 4503 | This month: 7