Metal Storm logo
Ozzfest - Sues Ozy Fest

According to reports, Ozzy Osbourne's Ozzfest has filed a lawsuit against the organizers of the interactive outdoor festival Ozy Fest, claiming that the New York City event and its logo were confusing music fans. Ozzy Osbourne's Monowise Limited Corporation claims that the festival's logo steps on Monowise's trademark.

The suit, filed against Ozy Media on Wednesday, claims that the Ozy Fest marks "are nearly identical in sight, sound, connotation and commercial impression to MLC's well-known Ozzfest mark." Osbourne's company contends that the Ozy Fest logo makes a point of associating itself with rock music.

OZY Fest, billed last year as Ozy Fusion Fest, returned to Central Park's Rumsey Playfield this past July, featuring performances by Jason Derulo, Zara Larsson and Talib Kweli and others, as well as panels featuring Malcolm Gladwell, Katie Couric, and more.

After receiving a cease-and-desist letter from Ozzfest's attorneys, Ozy Fest, described by The New York Times as "part music festival, part TED talk, part food fair," claimed it wasn't a concert and insisted it was more of a "media-focused event."

Now Ozzfest is suing to prevent an encore use of the name and for profits from this year's Ozy Fest.

Source: thewrap.com
Band profile: Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 19.10.2017 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 87 users
19.10.2017 - 15:25
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Assholes. There's nothing identical between them besides the "Oz"
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
19.10.2017 - 15:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I can understand the move. It is clear Ozy Fest chose that name because of its similarities to Ozzfest. Clearly riding the coattails of Ozzfest and trying to confuse people into believing it was the real deal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.10.2017 - 17:04
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
There hasn't even been an Ozzfest in like 3 or 4 years though lol, how is this even still relevant?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
19.10.2017 - 17:33
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Auntie Sahar on 19.10.2017 at 17:04

There hasn't even been an Ozzfest in like 3 or 4 years though lol, how is this even still relevant?

Pretty sure there was an Ozzfest last year and this year it will happen again. So, it's still relevant.

It's just been merged with Knotfest lately as a package though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.10.2017 - 18:12
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by BloodTears on 19.10.2017 at 17:33

Pretty sure there was an Ozzfest last year and this year it will happen again. So, it's still relevant.

It's just been merged with Knotfest lately as a package though.

Ah, well that's news to me then, I thought it had kinda bit the dust a few years back. Those large, all day US festivals don't really seem to be as much of a thing as they used to be, Ozzfest was popular back in the early 2000s, then came Mayhem Fest, which kinda crashed and burned out and now.... the only things left I can really think of are Summer Slaughter (good but not great) and Warped Tour (where 80% of the bands aren't metal anyway)
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
19.10.2017 - 19:08
Kais

More money to the Ozz-household.
22.10.2017 - 03:57
Gordon Freeman

In other news...Ozzfest apparently is still a thing.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking

Hits total: 1864 | This month: 4