Metal Storm logo
Sons Of Apollo - Release New Video

The new progressive metal band Sons Of Apollo, which features former Dream Theater members Mike Portnoy and Derek Sherinian, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (ex- Guns N' Roses), Billy Sheehan (The Winery Dogs, Mr. Big, David Lee Roth) and Jeff Scott Soto (ex-Journey, ex-Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force), have just released the Vicente Cordero-directed video for "Lost In Oblivion". The song appears on their highly anticipated debut album, Psychotic Symphony, out now via InsideOutMusic/Sony. Watch the video now here and discover more music from the band.

The record was produced by the dynamic production duo of Portnoy and Sherinian, also affectionately known as "The Del Fuvio Brothers," which is the nickname given to them over 20 years ago during their time together in Dream Theater.

Drummer Portnoy exclaims: "I can't believe it's finally here! The Sons Of Apollo debut album is finally out today! This album has a little bit of something for everybody... Classic Rock, Metal, Prog... it's a musical feast for the ears! To prime everybody for the release, we're excited to debut the video for 'Lost In Oblivion.' This song is full-on energy, excitement and shred! From that crazy double bass drum pattern that took me forever to perfect, to the insane bass and guitar unisons throughout the song, to Jeff's always-hooky chorus...this song is another great example of what this band is about."

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: Sons Of Apollo
Posted: 22.10.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 30 users
23.10.2017 - 07:01
HemisphereofWar

The song feels drawn out and generic, very djentle too. Doesn't really have the oomph I'd like from Mike Portnoy. Hopefully the rest of the album is ok.
----
See how it sings like a sad heart
And joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain
Or notes that fall gently, like rain.

Hits total: 1582 | This month: 10