Metal Storm logo
Requesting US Thrash Metal Recommendations

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 29.04.2007 - 18:57
I am specifically requesting US Thrash Metal recommendations, strictly NO German Thrash recommendations. I'm aware a Thrash recommendations thread already exists, however, it's not in the direction that I'd want it to go for me (as outlined), as well as others who listen to US Thrash.

My reason for excluding German Thrash is because of it's lack of co-ordination and generally sloppy sound, which I believe reduces my ability to actually enjoy it, in my case. No offense meant towards the fans and the bands themselves, it's just not what I'm searching for.

Now, for examples to help guide further similar recommendations - I've heard the following:
Megadeth - A house name, but still paramount to my point. I'm referring to the 83-94 era.
Annihilator - Referring to the riffs Jeff Waters uses especially. Only their first two albums as well as "Schizo Deluxe".
Wargasm - They embody the sound I'm after, though not to the same degree as the previous two. All of their releases have something to offer in the way of US Thrash, keeping to a slightly simpler sound, but still effective overall.
Morbid Saint - They may have only had one Studio release, although I find it also flows as a whole, while sounding aggressive and precise, like the previously named bands' releases.
Slayer - This may have seemed like a given, though I much prefer singular songs, like the classic "Raining Blood" - Both the guitar work and drumming employed here are a perfect example of the direction that I like Thrash to take.

I'll update this as I go, hoping there are people who will continually contribute to the thread, to keep it alive.
29.11.2007 - 08:27
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.11.2007 at 06:19

if you are lookin for some american thrash that sounds like exodus check out fueled by fire

I've known about them for a while now, they didn't impress me too much, sad to say.
29.11.2007 - 08:31
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Dane Train on 29.11.2007 at 07:06

Written by Guest on 29.11.2007 at 05:50

Some more feedback: Living Sacrifice are very tight I was surprised, I'm now listening to them on my mp3 player

Which albums/song do you have? I love Living Sacrifice. My buddy Steve is huge Living Sacrifice fan. How big of a fan is he? Well this should be proof enough...

I really which I had a chance to see them in concert. There is also a recently release Living Sacrifice album of previously unreleased material out there.

I have their selftitled album.

Your friend seems quite fanatical there

I'll look into that, they were difficult to find as it was though
29.11.2007 - 08:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 29.11.2007 at 08:27

Written by Guest on 29.11.2007 at 06:19

if you are lookin for some american thrash that sounds like exodus check out fueled by fire

I've known about them for a while now, they didn't impress me too much, sad to say.

check out Bonded By Blood (the US band)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.03.2008 - 23:55
Hellish Star
*Sadus
*Dark Angel
*Ulysses Siren
*Exodus
*Defiance
*Fueled by fire
*At War
*Blessed Death
*Infernal Majesty
*Nasty Savage
*Viking

Other awesome US Thrash:
*Forbidden
*Agent STeel
*Vio-lence
*Sacred Reich
*Sacred Wizdom
*Death Angel
*Heathen
*Toxik
*Intruder
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
30.03.2008 - 10:04
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Hellish Star on 29.03.2008 at 23:55

*Sadus
*Dark Angel
*Ulysses Siren
*Exodus
*Defiance
*Fueled by fire
*At War
*Blessed Death
*Infernal Majesty
*Nasty Savage
*Viking

Other awesome US Thrash:
*Forbidden
*Agent STeel
*Vio-lence
*Sacred Reich
*Sacred Wizdom
*Death Angel
*Heathen
*Toxik
*Intruder

I guess you didn't look in my profile LOL

I'm a VERY big fan of Sacred Reich. I'm also a fan of Toxik, Heathen, Death Angel, Forbidden, Sadus, Dark Angel and Fueled By Fire.

I'm still yet to hear Vio-lence, but have known about them for a while. I've also heard of Intruder, but only recently, when looking for more Thrash

Agent Steel and Exodus don't appeal to me, to be honest.

As for the others, I haven't even come across them at all, quite thankful for your contribution anyhow
14.04.2011 - 03:41
Here are some bands that i believe would be of interest to you: (Bands are listed with album of interest).
Death Angel - Relentless Retribution
Eternal Decision - Eternal Decision (Sounds similar to an early version of Metallica fused with Megadeth influences).
Abattoir - Vicious Attack
Overkill - Horrorscope, also try the Years of Decay album. (Check out the song Horrorscope)
Atrophy - Socialized Hate
Flotsam and Jetsam - Doomsday for the Receiver
Municipal Waste - The art of partying (Check out the song Sadistic Magician)
Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World
Exodus - Tempo of the Damned
Tenet - Sovereign
Testament - Souls of Black (The guitarist Eric Peterson also has a Thrash/Black metal band called Dragonlord , if you are interested check out the song Until The End).
Suicidal Tendencies (Crossover Thrash Band) Look for the song Send Me Your Money, I Saw Your Mommy, and Gotta Kill Captain Stupid.

If you would like more recommendations just ask: I listen to almost every genre of metal.
14.04.2011 - 07:28
Void_Eater
Account deleted
You my good sir need some Devastation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-wpGiZpYCw&feature=related

And we could always use some more Wehrmacht.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obSMBrnQecA

And the almighty Cylcone Temple...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYWYzzhD0IY&feature=related

Surely some other bands, I'll get to them when I ain't feeling as lazy.
14.04.2011 - 09:51
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Wow, I can't believe someone else has heard of Cyclone Temple! lol Yep "I Hate Therefore I Am" is an awesome thrash album, and Greg Fulton's solo on the title track is one of my fave solos of all time.